CoPilot - road preferences are back (2 Viewers)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
we are on the Camper version not truck, I wonder?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I saw that I had an update as I run CP and Sygic Trucks for comparison routing. Did not delve into it, well done, I have just set mine on both devices and will see how we go. With the send to nav app a new era begins.... perhaps. Will try in the week when we move.
Martin its back in vehicle profile.

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Just checked by Camper version and no updates are currently showing. Maybe it will filter down from the Truck version eventually 🤞

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I saw that I had an update as I run CP and Sygic Trucks for comparison routing. Did not delve into it, well done, I have just set mine on both devices and will see how we go. With the send to nav app a new era begins.... perhaps. Will try in the week when we move.
I had Sygic. Found it’s routing terrible particularly for over 3.5t

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I had Sygic. Found it’s routing terrible particularly for over 3.5t
I found some irregularities in both to be fair hence checking routing. The feature I like in Sygic was the lane advice as approaching junctions, complex motorway junctions etc. I will be interested to see if this has been added at some point to CoPilot as I have not used it for over a year as my on the road navigation tool.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Correct (y) it's there on my iPhone app, didn't need to do anything other than look;)

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Correct (y) it's there on my iPhone app, didn't need to do anything other than look;)

Martin
Likewise. It has all the interesting options of the last feature, so I have just selected the options I remember and we shall see. I have already checked it against a Sygic route for Wednesday which was not that difficult and only 60 miles up the coast so it came out the same. See what its like on the road again.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I'm relying on CoPilot to keep us right as the factory Alpine has a mind of its own, brilliant on screen images and lane guidance but just keeps going "off piste" and doesn't see some road at all, going into Canterbury P&R wouldn't go down bridge road so wanted to detour a good few miles.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just checked by Camper version and no updates are currently showing. Maybe it will filter down from the Truck version eventually 🤞
Mine is Camper on iPhone app version 10.19.0.1291

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
My caravan version is showing road preference, didn’t know it had updated, i only use it in the car now.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Just updated and much better routing preferences - driving around Germany today so I'll try it out.

Whippetgood

Free Member
May 3, 2018
Funster No
Updated Camper version on iPad 4 and road preferences back which is great. Have the standard version on my phone and it's always had the road preferences and the speed settings for road types which is strange. If we could get the speed settings back for all the versions it would be back to where it where it started and be excellent.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Updated Camper version on iPad 4 and road preferences back which is great. Have the standard version on my phone and it's always had the road preferences and the speed settings for road types which is strange. If we could get the speed settings back for all the versions it would be back to where it where it started and be excellent.
Yes when I was setting it my mind kept suggesting that it did not seem complex enough.

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Just checked my Camper version again and still no update. Perhaps its because I'm running on an Android tablet/phone and the iOS update has been first with hopefully Android to follow.

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Uninstalled Camper then reinstalled from Google Play. Logged into Copilot Account and update with road preferences appeared.

That's the good news, bad news is this update for Android OS is really 'buggy' including non responsive settings elements and map download errors.

Will submit a ticket to Trimble and wait for their response.

Anyone else using the update on Android experiencing problems?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Yes to Android on 2 tablets and 2 accounts. No to problems at this time. Have planned a route, created favourite, changed custom profile (which is now different in base vehicle selection, I have always selected Truck and put in 11.99t, it will only go down to 20t. So used light truck and weight correct), will be using in anger on Wednesday so will report.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I found some irregularities in both to be fair hence checking routing. The feature I like in Sygic was the lane advice as approaching junctions, complex motorway junctions etc. I will be interested to see if this has been added at some point to CoPilot as I have not used it for over a year as my on the road navigation tool.
Co Pilot is not bad on lane advice, Sygic is pretty good but the biggest two beefs I had with Sygic were:

1. Totalfailure to reroute when essential, especially due to traffic. Had to revert to Google Male when it was telling me 7 hours to reach Eurotunnel and only 2 hours on Maps
  2. Completely ignores 3.5T limit - which they admitted when I emailed them - said I had to use ~Truck mode and even then it wasn't great and also wouldn't advise certain better routes at certain times of the day when deliveries could not be made.
I have it but don't use it.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
It's back on mine, haven't had any problems since they initially removed the road type option so I'll amend my spare phone version and run the two simulateously when we're next on the road

Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
Yes, thank you, just discovered it in my set up.
I note you can change the priority to a given road set to favour, neutral or not favour a particular type of road.
It looks very useful.
Got a bit confused setting the way it favour roads, if you don't watch it I found I set it to favour everything except minor roads. I have left it like that and we will see how it performs.

Obviously it works with the dimensions and weights you have put in in your vehicle profile?

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I note you can change the priority to a given road set to favour, neutral or not favour a particular type of road.
It looks very useful.
Got a bit confused setting the way it favour roads, if you don't watch it I found I set it to favour everything except minor roads. I have left it like that and we will see how it performs.

Obviously it works with the dimensions and weights you have put in in your vehicle profile?
Certainly works with heights - seems to mostly work for widths, since I stated using it again I haven't had a chance to see if it is avoiding any roads for me that are restricted to under 3/5T

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
It looks very useful.

If I remember it used to need quite violent changes to affect the routing, so a little tweak from neutral to favour for example didn't cut it. I therefore resorted to strongly avoid for the obvious rather than just avoid. We shall see. It will be interesting to get the live feedback on this thread.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back