Converting a Van in Jersey, no Motorhome shops/rallies recommendations (1 Viewer)

Jubbly

Free Member
Feb 13, 2018
Funster No
Hi everyone. I am converting an Ex St John Ambulance, Mercedes Sprinter, but living in Jersey is really limiting, we have no shops or rallies or groups, there are not that many motorhomes on the Island. The ones that are here are either expensive dealer motorhomes or too basic VW surfers vans.

What I need is help and recommendations as to what make or type of things I should get.
I have a budget, it is not a large one, but I realise that in some areas I need to spend more money than others
I could literally write a list as long as your arm (or motorhome:D), but for now,,,,

Extractor Fans?
There seems to me a big difference in price, do I need to spend top dollar on a say a Fantastic Fan 3550, which people rave about, but which by the time I get it shipped to Jersey it will be above £ 300. Or what seems to be more affordable Fiamma or Thule around £180.

Solar Power?

I'm going to have it, but again, can anyone recommend a make or a company? Customer service is as important as anything, because it will all have to be done over the phone/email and then shipped over here.

Thanks any help appreciated.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi guys. Firstly...welcome to the forum. You will get loads of advice off here. Some good...some well...Not so good!
However..Everything comes down to a budget. As regards your needs? Do you really need extractors? We have a full fledged coach built motorhome. Honestly...We do not use the extractor! A roof vent would do! Dont waste your money on stuff you think you need! Put it where it counts.
We have solar panels but again...we only travel the uk so is it warranted really? No! We use EHU frequently so ...no need! Again..Save money.
It is a personal view (Ours only) ...put your hard earned cash on what is more important to you both.
You won't look back.

Kev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread