Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years
Hi Guys. We are making our first trip abroad to France in July this year and I'm busy trying to plan for all eventualities. I went on the C&CC website regarding breakdown cover. Obviously my Green Flag UK cover will be no good.
I entered details for one, two week trip in a 7metre motorhome and received a quote of £96. This seems rather steep just for 2 weeks cover, and is considerably more than the return ferry fare and more than the annual price for my UK cover. Are there any other organisations I could try as I don't want to go with no cover.
Thanks

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
my recovery for UK and Europe is £55 but not sure who it is with as I am not near the documentation

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Guys. We are making our first trip abroad to France in July this year and I'm busy trying to plan for all eventualities. I went on the C&CC website regarding breakdown cover. Obviously my Green Flag UK cover will be no good.
I entered details for one, two week trip in a 7metre motorhome and received a quote of £96. This seems rather steep just for 2 weeks cover, and is considerably more than the return ferry fare and more than the annual price for my UK cover. Are there any other organisations I could try as I don't want to go with no cover.
Thanks
Are you covered by Arrivals the RAC breakdown and recovery system that is linked to the c&cc.

What was their quote based upon. I'm sure my cover doesnt cost that much, I'll check tonight with SWMBO.

Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
I pay £65 for 12 months with lifesure

ww.lifesure.co.uk (or is it com)

Anyway they do anysize MH.

Phill

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

ADAC is always worth exploring, they like nearly everyone else have some restrictions, normally on weight or/and size, but I pretty sure they will cover your vehicle with no problem, they also cover all of your vehicles for one paymemnt and a very wide choice of countries and if you opt for the plus level it provides some medical protect and repatriation, well worth exploring either use the search on here or the link below should give you some ideas.

http://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/a...ult.asp&ComponentID=30621&SourcePageID=193391

Link Removed

TonyIsh UK

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Funster No
It is silly pricing !!!

Caravan Club does much the same about £95 for one trip and £130 for a whole year providing trips are not longer than 30 days each (Thats a Calais to Dover @09:30 and back again in the afternoon for another 30 days :thumb: )

That apart, it can be quite useful if you can get to Dover, If you book it right a return crossing is about the price of a tank of diesel and much more fun than going north for 399 miles. And you can go as often as you like for short breaks.

Rgds

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I entered details for one, two week trip in a 7metre motorhome and received a quote of £96.

thats odd 'cos i entered two weeks in july for an 8 year old motorhome and two people and it returned £69.

if you're an RAC Arrivals member you do get discounts.

Attachments

• rac (Large).jpg
    rac (Large).jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 9

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back