Pepper22

Free Member
Jan 25, 2023
Saltash, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
I have a 2019 Chausson and just noticed that after app 4 weeks there is water/ condensation beneath one on the seat cushions which is above the fresh water tank (empty). It would appear that there is no water ingress from a window which is above the cushion.

OP
OP
P

Pepper22

Free Member
Jan 25, 2023
Saltash, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
Do you have any heating in the van while its parked up in winter?
no there is no heating whilst in storage. Very difficult to say how much condensation as the cushions seem to have absorbed a reasonable amount. I’ve since brought them home and dried them out. Just thought I’d ask the question. I have been using two small containers with moisture gathering crystals which have certainly gathered a fair amount of moistur.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I have noticed that our van no heat inside during this cold snap has condensation formed on overhead roof lights and then frozen producing quite a lot of water? So have made up a couple of exterior covers made from an old Silverscreens windscreen cover that seems to have worked.
I assume even no heat inside the van it’s still warmer than out so these -4°to -7° temperatures are going to produce condensation. So keeping soft furnishing and bedding away from outside wall will help a little. We do have three always open roof vents to allow circulation.😊

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

Pepper22

Free Member
Jan 25, 2023
Saltash, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
I have noticed that our van no heat inside during this cold snap has condensation formed on overhead roof lights and then frozen producing quite a lot of water? So have made up a couple of exterior covers made from an old Silverscreens windscreen cover that seems to have worked.
I assume even no heat inside the van it’s still warmer than out so these -4°to -7° temperatures are going to produce condensation. So keeping soft furnishing and bedding away from outside wall will help a little. We do have three always open roof vents to allow circulation.😊
Thank you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
As said above, many will move cushions away from walls if not used during winter, it would make sense for you to do the same, and keep them off the water tank as well.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992

I noticed something similar during a recent cold spell when overnight it reached -6c. A few splashes of clean water on a table top, no obvious leak or entry point, so just assume it’s condensation. No leak during heavy rain and strong winds.

Upvote 1
Jun 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner lyseo 590
Exp
March 2022
slightly different topic but when we went out for the first time a couple of weeks ago and lowered the electric bed the pillow was frozen to the ceiling!! 😂

739A37E2-91FD-46E3-B547-2C572F5FD3F3.jpeg

Upvote 1
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Maybe worth investing in some dehumidifier packs - the ones that DIY stores sell or buying off ebay.
I usually place two in my motorhome over the winter lay up - one in the front lounge and one at the rear.
It's amazing how much water is caught in the bottom after a couple of months.

as for the moisture beneath a cushion - we only experience this when we make one of the beds up by placing the seating cushion on top of the table which slots between the seats and our daughter sleeps in the bed.
The surface of the table is damp and the underside of the cushion is damp and caused my the warm air hitting the cold surface. In you case, it may be beneficial to lift the cushions and stack them on their side so that air circulates around them and the cold surfaces they usually sit on.

those dehumidifier packs can be bought it packs of 5 for about £18.

if you see them cheaper for a pack of 5 - let me know.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back