LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As per title Concorde have updated their IVECO daily range for 2022, the front mask and dashboard is the same as the Centurion model introduced a couple of years ago, this goes across the range Credo, Carver, Charisma and Centurion.

14049479-1-1024-768.jpg

14054250-1-1024-768.jpg

concorde-charisma-910-mi-birdview-stuetzen-lithium-ahk-uvm-2.jpg

And the price list, in German of course ;) Ooops its too big to attach.

Last edited:

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
I wonder when those exterior mirrors will disappear to be replaced by cameras!!
Have see quite a few HGVs on our trip a couple of weeks ago without mirrors ie Amazon and TESCO trucks.
Anyone else noticed?
DJT

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Have see quite a few HGVs on our trip a couple of weeks ago without mirrors ie Amazon and TESCO trucks.
Anyone else noticed?
DJT
Mercs have ditched the mirrors in favour of cameras and so have Le Voyageur.

Mixed reviews for the truck ones, good point is that they track the rear of the trailer on corners so no need for a convex and reduces the actual real 'Blind Side' that you only get on vehicles that bend. Bad point is people complain of difficulties with depth perception in daylight and increased glare at night.

Loving the rear wing on the Concorde, must be really useful in fast corners.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Camera mirrors present a real issue for me. I am required by the conditions of my C (enhanced visual attainment) to wear glasses for distance vision, however I also need reading glasses. I have found that the internal rear view camera in my Range Rover is next to useless and use the standard mirror, I need reading glasses to see the screen. "A" post mounted screens will present a problem for accurate definition for me. Unless I venture into bifocals or lens implants. Nah I will just stick with mirrors thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Trying to keep up with morello I see šŸ˜®šŸ˜®šŸ˜‚. Just teasing they look very smart.
In all seriousness yes, of course there is a lot of competition between the two brands not just because they are in the same market but because of the past and the way MORELO was started. The smaller Concorde on the daily chassis range had got left behind in the styling stakes and I thought that the revamp might have come a couple of years ago.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Mixed reviews for the truck ones, good point is that they track the rear of the trailer on corners so no need for a convex and reduces the actual real 'Blind Side' that you only get on vehicles that bend. Bad point is people complain of difficulties with depth perception in daylight and increased glare at night.

I am not convinced the "attack angle" is quite right though Jon and it's not adjustable, on a serious practical point though ;) on the MORELO roof you have up stands all the way round with drain holes back and front so if you have some ice on the roof in the winter it can not easily slide off but with this big cut out at the rear it looks like it will just dump a load on the car behind when it leaves the lights.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Camera mirrors present a real issue for me. I am required by the conditions of my C (enhanced visual attainment) to wear glasses for distance vision, however I also need reading glasses. I have found that the internal rear view camera in my Range Rover is next to useless and use the standard mirror, I need reading glasses to see the screen. "A" post mounted screens will present a problem for accurate definition for me. Unless I venture into bifocals or lens implants. Nah I will just stick with mirrors thanks.
Have you considered varifocals? I have these from specsavers and have found them to be excellent, I believe they come in different price/function bands, the ones I have are the tailor-made ones but they have some specifically for driving.

They do a two for one deal as well so you can have a pair of sunglasses with the same prescription.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Have you considered varifocals? I have these from specsavers and have found them to be excellent, I believe they come in different price/function bands, the ones I have are the tailor-made ones but they have some specifically for driving.

They do a two for one deal as well so you can have a pair of sunglasses with the same prescription.
Not really considered them due to critique on getting used to them. That said it increasingly getting an issue reading the dash and navigator. So may explore the option.

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp

They work for me and they are spot onšŸ‘šŸ‘
Took me a week or so to get used to them but it was definitely worth the effort.
No more precious time wasted looking for bloody reading glasses and vice versašŸ˜ŠšŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š
DJT

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp

I couldn't cope with them? If some numpty takes out your mirrors or are branch or bush wipes them out (I deliver to marinas and boatyards which are nearly always down unsuitable roads for large vehicles) at least you can improvise and get yourself out of trouble with some gaffa tape. But if a camera gets taken out what can you do?

It happened to me once when a tipper driver :rolleyes: wiped out my off side mirrors and arm when he crossed the white line, presumably texting or something like that? I got myself home using gaffa tape and cable ties. Didn't look nice but did the job. If that was a camera then technically/legally the vehicle should be VOR'd immediately?

I would have the same issue with eyesight too. I wear contacts but have recently had to start using reading glasses too when looking at screens etc?

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Took me a week or so to get used to them but it was definitely worth the effort.
No more precious time wasted looking for bloody reading glasses and vice versašŸ˜ŠšŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š
DJT
I took to them like a duck to water, no issues at all, I'm now on my third set as my eyesight has slowly deteriorated over the last 12 years or so but would be lost without them.

Reactions: DJT
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Wow over ā‚¬400k for a Daily chassis.šŸ¤Ø
Yes thatā€™s the Centurion daily though Michael which is considerably more than the Charisma, a bit like if M did a Grande Palace and charged 100k premium.

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
Also on my third set after about Fifteen yearā€™s inc Sunglasses.šŸ‘
I took to them like a duck to water, no issues at all, I'm now on my third set as my eyesight has slowly deteriorated over the last 12 years or so but would be lost without them.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Probably stops the back getting covered in muck in bad weather.
I use presription sunglasses for distance. they are as dark as legally possible .No chance of even seeing the dash in them. I have to peep under or over when using sat nav.

Jul 8, 2016
Carshalton
Funster No
MH
Nuevo II 2010
Exp
Since 1993
Half a million for a tourer - you must be joking!!!! That's a moving house on wheels! Got to be a serious long term nomad with an executive pension to justify and afford that. Absurd!!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Half a million for a tourer - you must be joking!!!! That's a moving house on wheels! Got to be a serious long term nomad with an executive pension to justify and afford that. Absurd!!

Some people are and have and it's their choice.

Me? I couldn't afford one even 5th or 6th hand!

Jan 29, 2020
Sawley Marina, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Lakia Kreos 5010
Exp
Anyone else noticed?
DJT
At the moment they are Mercedes Trucks. Iā€™m sure the likes of Daf, scania, Volvo will follow..

Reactions: DJT

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
I consider the reversing camera to be a great piece of kit and a very useful safety aid.We have that feature in the three vehicles we own.Why is it you find the Range Rover camera next to useless? Is it because you cannot se the screen?if so how do you view your vehicle instruments when driving?
Using the camera and side mirrors and camera when reversing make for a much safer manoeuvre in my opinion.
As a footnote when I ran my business I held a class 2 HGV licence and still do.
DJT

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Wow over ā‚¬400k for a Daily chassis.šŸ¤Ø
My thoughts exactly Michael, its pretty shocking how little of that is the cost of the chassis.

In fact, here is a high spec delivery mileage daily for Ā£36K + vat

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
DJT
Took me 6 months to a year to get use to them. Been wearing them for 6 years now & still prefer reading glasses for reading. Also can't look at large computer screens with them have a seperate pair that are just Mid range & Reading varifocals.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
At the moment they are Mercedes Trucks. Iā€™m sure the likes of Daf, scania, Volvo will follow..
I wouldnt hold your breath with DAF :LOL: they re still using the same cab they introduced in 1986?? Is there a turd emoji?

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Anyone else noticed?
DJT
Mirrors are very good for judging the width of a tight space. Not having them might mean more potential damage to the body of the vehicle.!!

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Not really considered them due to critique on getting used to them. That said it increasingly getting an issue reading the dash and navigator. So may explore the option.

Michael

I have worn varifocal since my flying days and for sailing and driving and they have been excellent.

I had no problem getting used to them, despite others' comments. I never had bi-focal but I think I would have more trouble adjusting to those.

The Civil Aviation Authority were not keen on the varifocal at first, because of the deterioration in peripheral vision, but now for an extra cost one can overcome that deficiency in the lenses, but I just go with the standard ones.

Of course as a pilot one had to have bi-focal or varifocal as one could not be changing glasses to look at the instruments then the runway ahead, but then I think it is similar with driving.

What I like about them is that if something at a certain distance is a bit fuzzy then only slight inclination of the head up or down solves that problem.

Just my thoughts for consideration.

Geoff

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Mirrors are very good for judging the width of a tight space. Not having them might mean more potential damage to the body of the vehicle.!!

They are also good at a loud audile warning when you are too close to the mirror coming at you at a closing speed of 80mph.!

I am quite pleased we have bottom-mounted mirrors on our 'A' Class as they are normally below the coach-style and truck mirrors, but one still has to watch out for white van man.

I have only had one mirror 'encounter', which was with a white van on a narrow lane, where I had pulled into the hedge. Fortunately my mirror survived, but his did not. Just as well our's survived because we had just set off for 30 min. drive to Dover ferry - would have been very inconvenient.

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back