Cocoa Mulch Hazard to Dogs

Discussion in 'Pets' started by rickndog, Jun 25, 2008.

  1. rickndog

    rickndog

    Joined:
    May 17, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cocoa mulch is sold in many garden centres and other outlets and often bought because gardeners like the smell and because it deters cats from gardens. The smell which is similar to chocolate is particularly attractive to dogs which may eat the mulch. A key ingredient of the mulch (and chocolate) is Theobromine and this is very toxic to dogs and cats who may suffer convulsions and sometimes death as a consequence of eating it. See Untitled Document
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice