Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
With MMM charging a minimum of £50, AutoTrader £36, eBay a minimum £15 I saw a gap in the market for classifieds where we can charge...nothing:)

We have produced a really good classified module where we can sell, make and accept offers, leave feedback on buyers and sellers. See which ads are still open, those that are closing. Pretty much a mini ebay, but with buy it now and make an offer. We are missing auctions, but these are coming too. I am also going to open the classified to dealers who advertise in the mag to list specials and good deals. So hopefully it will become a great little marketplace

Please give the classifieds a go, I'm still doing work on it and would appreciate the feedback. You can reach the Classifieds like so

1591965812137.png

1591965904048.png

1591966111623.png

1591966191217.png

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Jim charging a whole nothing for classified ads is nothing short of a gross misuse of your power as administrator. Your nothing to gain scam at the lack of expense to your members is shocking........

Seen as there’s lots of people complaining about ‘nothing’ I just thought I’d get It off my chest.

Nice one👍🏼

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
My A frame ad seems to have lost its for sale prefix. Can you transfer it to the classifieds Jim please?

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Looks good Jim but I would add 1)Plated weight 2) Engine size as required items on template.
Its amazing the number of adverts that fail to say what weight the van is plated at.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
How do you stop the little red number appearing when you go online if you don't want to see any classifieds?
In settings / preferences there’s a whole host of tick boxes ......it must be one of them.

7B63D9D5-43ED-47B5-9B75-2E827C677B8A.jpeg

Deleted User
i have got the same problem with red counter on classifieds flag but can't work out how to remove it permanently. I have been through all the options and can't see one to switch it off.

Deleted User
Jim , how do you permanently stop the red counter from showing up on the classifieds flag

Mar 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoCruise Stardream
Exp
Newbie April 2019
I always look at new ads, but currently unless you open each ad individually the counters still there. Browsing the classified section should clear it as you can see whats for sale without opening them all.

Can see if becoming annoying when you've got a dozen to look at. But a good start and work in progress

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Also I was wondering about a section for smaller campsites, cl & cs sites, so they can advertise with pics. It would help them re-launch for the delayed season. Assuming you haven't already got one, and you don't mind competition!

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I’m glad you posted to highlight it because I thought I hadn’t seen it before.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Looks good Jim the only thing that annoys me about your current classified section is people not marking items as sold, a few time now I’ve messaged or commented on items only to be told they’re sold. I’d set a timer on the ad if it’s not updated in a month it’s marked as sold, as I said just a pet hate of mine.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Looks good Jim the only thing that annoys me about your current classified section is people not marking items as sold, a few time now I’ve messaged or commented on items only to be told they’re sold. I’d set a timer on the ad if it’s not updated in a month it’s marked as sold, as I said just a pet hate of mine.

Yes when I've finished you'll choose your days on sale, up to 30 say. Then it will auto close and you'll be told to renew it or mark as sold. That will keep everything current. (y)

Nov 16, 2012
Hedge End
Funster No
MH
Bilbo's Nexa
Exp
Since 2012
Great idea, but there does seem to be a problem or two with the counters - at least on my Android tablet. Hitting the button to mark the ads as read just produces a server error, and opening each one for a few seconds doesn't seem to clear the counter either?

At the moment, according to the individual counters I have seven unread - 3 motorhomes and 4 accessories (though I've opened them all) but the counter on the top bar says 3!

Last edited:
May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
Great but there need to be more than one photo for the ads.

Deleted User
Unticked everything with the word "classified" in it but still got a red number block when coming online this morning.
I have unticked everything and tried setting filter to max price £1 but still getting the red flags. The filter is just resetting to zero and can't save setting.

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Thanks Jim I've put an ad up for my camper. I was happy with the options available.

It may be nice if there was the possibility of putting a main picture up full size and more as thumbnails. Also for my style of camper the option of 'Side Kitchen' would have been more appropriate but hey-ho you have done a great job in offering us the service.

Many thanks.

Jan 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1988
Morning Jim.
I always browse the classifieds mainly because the items are direct from the owners and generally not advertised elsewhere - which I personally prefer.
If you are going to open to traders - as a lot of sites have - are we now going to have to trawl through hundreds of M/H’s and items, that we’ve already viewed on Ebay and Autotrader, to spot the odd private sale item from members.
Basically, I think it will be a shame if the classifieds eventually becomes swamped by traders, each putting dozens of M/H ads on.
. . . . but that’s just my two penn’orth! 🙃

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back