Citroen relay reverse light switch. (1 Viewer)

Denwah

Free Member
Jun 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Forever!
Hello,
I'm working on a 2008 Citroen Relay based Wildax Aurora prepping it ready to sell.
The reverse lights have never worked properly, the fuse keeps blowing. I have checked wiring and cannot find a fault and whrn i
IMG_20200610_125733.jpg
IMG_20200610_125733.jpg
put a new fuse in and put the van in reverse the lights come on, flicker and thrn go out again. Although the sender has been replaced once a few years back I think it is worth checking. Unfortunately the sender is really inaccessible and I can only get one hand onto it once I have pulled hoses out the way. There's a clip holding the connector on to it and it seems the clip is right next to the engine mount and I can't get to it easily. Any advice on how to get this off or, other potential faults to look for that will lead to blowing fuses appreciated. I am aware this fuse also protects the water in fuel filter warning light, so I am wondering if I should be looking there too but have not found it yet!

Thsnks
Denis

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
You might have to remove or loosen that engine mount just to get access anyway ?
I think it's unlikely that the fuel filter is involved. If you remove the bulb from the reverse light, does it still pop the fuse when you engage reverse ?
I think the filter housing will be like this one below, try pulling off the electrical connector and then go through your checks again ?
Screenshot_2020-06-10-15-00-01.png

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
with those connectore you often have to push in to get the clip to release first place i would be looking is the light cluster half the time this is the dodgy bit as above id remove the cluster and unplug take out bulb and recconnet one at a time

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

Denwah

Free Member
Jun 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Forever!
Thsnks for all the input!
The light clusters are clean and tidy, I have seen far far worse. Once input a goid fise in the lamps only came on for a few seconds and went out again yet the fuse was good. It could be a combination of the two. However it is not mot critical.. šŸ˜¬

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back