Christmas In June (1 Viewer)

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
We are on a site near Saumur, it's 31c in the shade and there is a C&CC rally here. Their theme is Christmas! so the vans all have lights on, snowmen decorations, the works. Tomorrow night is carols and mulled wine....
What a great idea and some really nice people.

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Went through a village in north wales
last may bh tinsel in windows of open
fuel garage.

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
I went to South Africa a few years ago just before Christmas. It was very strange walking round in shorts looking at all the xmas decorations. Apparently a lot of people there also celebrate xmas in June so that it's cold

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
We generally spend each Christmas in Florida (as we own a villa we rent out there) I still find it very odd to be sitting by the pool in the sun on Christmas day. Plus everyone there goes the cinema on christmas night - its packed!
We only go then as we both work in the construction industry and have a shut down at work meaning we use less leave from work going then.

Christmas doesn't feel like christmas without the cold so seems odd to me to have a second Christmas in June!

Jen

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We and another couple had a Christmas in Estartit in June a few years back including a full Christmas dinner, crackers and presents. I can't remember why we did it only that it seemed a good idea when we first came up with it in December the previous year. Still, we enjoyed it. :party2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back