Rally Chester food & drink festival 2018 (2 Viewers)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Great meeting up again with old and new faces, thanks to everybody especially the Marshalls.

Nice to be part of an event that will surely go down in history as it couldn't possibly be any wetter without the river bursting its banks.

Martin

Was it bad enough for you to use the services of the tractor Martin?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Was it bad enough for you to use the services of the tractor Martin?
We moved off yesterday without a problem(y), when I say "without" what I mean is I got stuck showing off and trying to pull somebody else out:LOL: but self rescue with the E&P jacks and some kindly donated bread crates bottoms but not sure who from possibly Richard @rb62 (y)

Today I would not have been quite so confident but you never know;)

Martin

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Noooooooo, Janine, the Boot is the "IN" place as far as we are concerned. There may be pretenders but all hail to the Boot, Samuel Smiths holy tavern, none like it nor comes anywhere near! :drinks:
AND they do a pint of Sam Smiths Dark Mild for £1.34!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
We moved off yesterday without a problem(y), when I say "without" what I mean is I got stuck showing off and trying to pull somebody else out:LOL: but self rescue with the E&P jacks and some kindly donated bread crates bottoms but not sure who from possibly Richard @rb62 (y)

Today I would not have been quite so confident but you never know;)

Martin

(y) left them out in the rain last night,all clean by morning:)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Shirley @Blossom have you had your ukulele lesson from Janine @Janine today, I know you were looking forward to it?

Sorry but we had to bin out early. Just toooooo much mud to even safely walk across the field. We will meet up again sometime, I'm sure.

Is this near to you, Shirley @Blossom ?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
If it's any consolation we cancelled our stay at Berwick on Tweed this week.
Going to spend next two days at the flicks
The view at our storage this morning
38B3F68F-5A62-483A-BEA6-263711372DDA.png
5F8E789A-FDFD-4441-8ACA-28C008539600.png
D16EE6E3-480D-4E3D-B3A4-C31068373AFD.png

Attachments

• 1B3AFD4E-41DC-45DC-8143-BCA97471E5E2.png
    1B3AFD4E-41DC-45DC-8143-BCA97471E5E2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
As others have said, thank you everyone concerned for a very enjoyable first rally.

Given us a taster for more..

Les and Trish..

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Well, made it home without any drama. Managed to get away without a tow. Despite the weather, we enjoyed the weekend and our first visit to Chester. Thanks to Carol and all her brigade for all the organisation, help and support throughout.(y)

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
Well just got home from a very wet ,but enjoyable weekend we all know how hard our marshals and helpers work ,for everyone to have fun and be entertained it's a nightmare to try and keep everyone happy and what carol Eddie ray and alan and mike have done this weekend is amazing my hats off to all you without you guys it would have been a real washout .untill next time

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
We wimped out sunday afternoon as we didnt fancy driving home in the predicted snow which it seems didnt happen. Thanks to all those who made it all happen nice to meet some new face and old friends We had a great time despite the weather

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Huge thank you to @Carol and Eddie,@Allan & Loren and Dave and Polly for your efforts over this weekend and for organising the event, despite the weather it was still a great event, everybody commented on our swimming pool outside the van :D2.
We had a great night in the marquee on Saturday and I would like to say thanks to @haganap , @swanseajack13 , @Silkcut1105 and Diane and Steve for making us feel welcome and to @Jimbo50 for their company over the weekend, hope you all have a safe journey back.
Dave & Kathie
nice to meet you as well dave and kathy diane&steve= mitzimad

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
Shirley @Blossom have you had your ukulele lesson from Janine @Janine today, I know you were looking forward to it?
No Veronica I read on forum that Janine decided to go home today. But I am sure there will be another time, gives me chance to practice a lot more.

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
We would like to add our thanks for all the hard work put in by the Marshalls.
There are two Sam Smith's pubs in Chester, The Falcon is now managed by the ex managers of the Frodsham pub, very nice and reasonably priced food as well.

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Mud, Mud, Glorious Mud! ......

Just to say a huge thank you to @Carol and all the Marshalls and helpers for organising this weekend - a lot of hard work went into it!
Thank you also to the solo's for the warm welcome at the meet'n'greet - what a lovely gesture (y)

Special thank you to Loren @Allan & Loren - for the yoga class and the Nordic walking lessons - what a star you are :sun:
Hope everyone had a good weekend - it was good to meet so many new people - hope everyone has a safe onward journey

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
A few of us are still here at Chester BUT ON THE HARDSTANDING!:D
Didn't the tractor drivers do a brilliant job?(y)
It stopped raining early this evening but it's going to be a while until the mud disappears. Don't let it put you newbies off coming back next year. We've had sunshine in the past, honest!
:sun:
I hope you'll have some relaxation now Carol ( @Carol ) after a very busy time recently. Thanks Eddie for the help with the towing eye !

Thanks @swanseajack13 Ray for the groundsheet in the VIP area of the marquee. ;)
We all moaned about the weather but it couldn't be helped and we made the best of it and still had a great time and if it had been hot and sunny we'd have complained about the heat!:ROFLMAO: (That'll be at Peterborough! :rofl:)
Hope to see some of you there in a couple of weeks.
Xxx
:clap2:

Aug 18, 2017
Antequera, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SP
Exp
5 years and still learning
I would like to add my tuppence worth ... this was my first rally with MHF ..... comparing y'all between the forum and meeting in person only confirmed one thing
You're all crazy in both domains!
But I do need to add this for each and everyone who put in their time and effort to organize and assisted during the rally, also to those who made us newbies feel welcome.

thank you emote.jpg

Aug 18, 2017
Antequera, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SP
Exp
5 years and still learning
I forgot to add ... I conducted a scientific experiment whilst parked up at Chester.
Aim .... to test the reliability of Butane gas during a typical English Easter break
Result ..... I froze my a$$ off on Sunday night!
Conclusion .... Butane DOES NOT produce gas at 2 degrees C .... but 5 pints of real ale at the Brewers Tap does!

Please no comments about "could have told ya that" ....... I'm a virgin newbie!;)(y)

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
I would like to add my tuppence worth ... this was my first rally with MHF ..... comparing y'all between the forum and meeting in person only confirmed one thing
You're all crazy in both domains!
But I do need to add this for each and everyone who put in their time and effort to organize and assisted during the rally, also to those who made us newbies feel welcome.

View attachment 222752
I find Chester to be one of the more refined meets. :D

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Motorhome Fun is what it says on the can Fun. I was a towing virgin, not anymore, I'm on the hard going to leave tomorrow and have had a great time. Thank you Carol and Eddie, and all the other people who helped make it FUN.

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Thanks to all for a great meet, our first time at Chester (we only live in prestatyn!!)
The marshalls did a brilliant job as always. Xx
Finally got towed off around midday without problems.
Saw plenty of snow on the way home at Mold but clear on the other side.
Roll on to the next meet.

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
A big :ta:to Carol, Eddie and your helpers for all the hard work you's put in over the weekend it was much appreciated, Loren for the yoga class and Marshall Alan for keeping the peace. :clap:. Even though the weather was wet to say the least, a good time was had by all, it takes more than a little bit of rain to put us funsters off. Still parked here at the race coarse and believe it or not we have bits of blue sky and some sun this morning :sun:. hope everyone has a safe journey home, and look forward to meeting up again in a field somewhere.

MicknMew

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Conclusion .... Butane DOES NOT produce gas at 2 degrees C .... but 5 pints of real ale at the Brewers Tap does!

Please no comments about "could have told ya that" ....... I'm a virgin newbie!;)(y)

Haha - I knew we shouldn't have left you in there! The Bear & Billet didn't disappoint either :) Next year (!!!!) we'll lead a pub crawl, shall we? :)

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Thanks to all those that gave their time to organise and marshall.
Our first time to Chester, we had hoped to see more of the City but the odd shower dampened the enthusiasm, never mind I did get several Furlongs in each day with the dog on the course!
The storm we passed through on the way home actually cleared all the mud.
Here are a couple of pix of the marquee in case the softies in Benidorm. think we are exaggerating.

marquee.jpg
mud.jpg

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
1F037995-4BC6-46AF-BB23-39F69E010392.jpeg
A big thank you to Carole and Eddie, Lauren and Allan and all the helpers for a brilliant weekend. Yes it was wet, yes it was muddy but we are Funsters and it was great fun. Enjoyed the Festival itself and the evenings in the marquee.
It was really nice to meet the new Solos and the couples who were ‘Rally Virgins’ and I hope to meet you again in the near future.
It was a first for me having to be towed off the field but wasn’t the tractor man lovely? Thanks to Brendon for making sure I had the van in order to be towed. And thanks to everyone else for making it a great weekend.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back