Cherish this forum of Motorhomefun (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
North Korea, China, Belarus, they’re nothing compared with Hymer Owners Group Facebook group.
I joined yesterday, chucked out today. Why you may ask, I questioned the advice being given by one of the moderators (P), I won’t give the name.
I’d commented on a few threads, received several likes, including from (P), then today (P) put on a post explaining how he had greased his ALKO chassis in accordance with the advice he’d previously given. Several members challenged this advice, with what I believe to be the correct method, but were ‘corrected’ by (P).
I took up the post and gave all the information I’d gleaned from here only to be told again.
I gave a diagram, the link to Fraser engineering and a full explanation as to why it wasn’t a good idea to pump in 1 to 2 full tubes of grease, explaining all about the bronze bushes/seals etc and said I would leave it there and make no further comment, adding we all have to chose what advice to take or leave.
(P) came back with a curt response and accused me of being unwilling to help people, like he does and didn’t like what I’d said.
Within minutes I was unable to access the thread to respond, apparently blocked, I then noticed I was unable to see any posts or comments by (P), even where he’d liked other posts, others names come up but his said ‘data not available’
Feeling put out and noticing I could still post I decided to suggest a 9th rule be added to their list.
Rule 9. Under no circumstances suggest the advice being by (P) could be wrong, or words to that effect, I can’t see it anymore. All very polite though.
Within minutes that post got four likes and two supporting comments from members. Minutes after that their comments were removed from the post and shortly after I lost access.
It really does bring home just what a fantastic forum this is and how well it’s moderated, allowing open discussion without being shut down. Unless our rules are broken.
Its a real shame the HOG FB group is being run by a dictatorship because in my short time there I got the impression there are some very nice people.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
North Korea, China, Belarus, they’re nothing compared with Hymer Owners Group Facebook group.
I joined yesterday, chucked out today. Why you may ask, I questioned the advice being given by one of the moderators (P), I won’t give the name.
I’d commented on a few threads, received several likes, including from (P), then today (P) put on a post explaining how he had greased his ALKO chassis in accordance with the advice he’d previously given. Several members challenged this advice, with what I believe to be the correct method, but were ‘corrected’ by (P).
I took up the post and gave all the information I’d gleaned from here only to be told again.
I gave a diagram, the link to Fraser engineering and a full explanation as to why it wasn’t a good idea to pump in 1 to 2 full tubes of grease, explaining all about the bronze bushes/seals etc and said I would leave it there and make no further comment, adding we all have to chose what advice to take or leave.
(P) came back with a curt response and accused me of being unwilling to help people, like he does and didn’t like what I’d said.
Within minutes I was unable to access the thread to respond, apparently blocked, I then noticed I was unable to see any posts or comments by (P), even where he’d liked other posts, others names come up but his said ‘data not available’
Feeling put out and noticing I could still post I decided to suggest a 9th rule be added to their list.
Rule 9. Under no circumstances suggest the advice being by (P) could be wrong, or words to that effect, I can’t see it anymore. All very polite though.
Within minutes that post got four likes and two supporting comments from members. Minutes after that their comments were removed from the post and shortly after I lost access.
It really does bring home just what a fantastic forum this is and how well it’s moderated, allowing open discussion without being shut down. Unless our rules are broken.
Its a real shame the HOG FB group is being run by a dictatorship because in my short time there I got the impression there are some very nice people.
What in heavens name was you doing on FB in the first place?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I am not one for forums or social media that much. But this place has given me so much pleasure over the years I couldn't imagine ever leaving.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
You should have gone here :)
H.O.G.....

Would a "Funster" fit in...????

I thought they were all beer swilling, Tattoo`d, Long haired, Pot bellied, Hairy :lipssealed:, Bikers...

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
H.O.G.....

Would a "Funster" fit in...????

I thought they were all beer swilling, Tattoo`d, Long haired, Pot bellied, Hairy :lipssealed:, Bikers...

I was a “Hoggie” for a few years, then I saw it for what it was, full of K###s.
Then I rode solo (No club or chapter) for the last 10 yrs, much better👍

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Then I rode solo (No club or chapter) for the last 10 yrs, much better👍

Harley Davidson Riders club.... Different kettle of fish...

Cracking lads.... fantastic Rally`s.... and a bunch of lads and lassies that would help anyone.. (y)

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Just as well that you never mentioned that Hymers are as susceptible to damp as any other Mh.
You may have found yourself being jabbed by the poisoned point of an umbrella or by some Novichok nerve agent. If I were you I'd change my name ..... and address:Eeek:
PS that picture of me in the avitar isn't really me :unsure:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Harley Davidson Riders club.... Different kettle of fish...

Cracking lads.... fantastic Rally`s.... and a bunch of lads and lassies that would help anyone.. (y)
I did have a couple of years in the riders club, only cos I needed advice when I had the HD Shovelhead, it was always breaking down!!
I’ve still got my “CUT” but it’s not what you think, it’s full of patches from my trip round the mid west including Sturgis 👍👍

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
SAFE, are you sure, have you forgotten the olde Mo (old-mo) lurks around the place, there's the ever troublesome DuxDeluxe and ME ;) :giggler: .....add to the list, I could go on.......
Bloody glad you missed me out there Mrs ambulance although I reckon I've been here long enough to just call you kidd

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Those who know Mousy know that she is the epitome of charm, sweetness and one of the most charismatic Funsters you could find.

You will therefore be surprised to know that she was chucked out of the FB HOG too!

She somehow got back in and we ended up even going on a HOG meet a few weeks ago! (I’m still not quite sure how it happened ....)

We were all pitched up according to who had booked a pitch first, and unbeknownst to P, the woman he had thrown off the FB page was pitched right next to him! :rofl:

I have to say, despite our misgivings, everyone was very friendly, even P, and we had a lovely weekend.

I don’t think we’ll be going on any more though, as although they all have vans that are self contained, all their meets are on very expensive sites, with all singing all dancing pitches, which we don’t need!

Having just returned from Jaws meet where we spent 5 days on a rugby pitch - no lekky but loads of Fun, I know which club and forum I prefer!

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Woe betide if you want to go on a meet and dont have a Hymer anymore. I said that didnt seem fair but my namesake was having none it. If you dont have a Hymer anymore you can still be a member but you definitely cannot ever go on any rallies or meets.
i said that wasnt fair"You can still help people and give advice but you cant join in anything else" He said "Yes, that's correct"

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
I got something similar when I tried to join the Pilote FB group I made a mistake when uploading photo and the next thing I was shut down accused of pretending to be someone else needlessly I have not been back since.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We could start an existential thread, am I really here? (y) ;)
Oh Si - if you only knew how thick I am. I supported a deaf student on a 3 year philosophy Degree - for how much I understood, it might just as well have been a Degree in Mandarin Chinese! :rofl:

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
You'd really get on her goat if you did that :giggler:
I no longer have my goat......but I did years ago. :giggle:
20190318_172407.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun