Cherish this forum of Motorhomefun (1 Viewer)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I got banned from a large UK diabetes forum about ?15 years ago. More recently just from curiosity I decided to have a look, typed in my email address and then 'Forgot password' when the site told me my email address did not match anyone registered with the site.

So I tried to re register - only to be told by the site that I was banned!

Does not compute, Captain.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Oh Si - if you only knew how thick I am. I supported a deaf student on a 3 year philosophy Degree - for how much I understood, it might just as well have been a Degree in Mandarin Chinese! :rofl:
讓我給你看看我的蝕刻版畫
Ràng wǒ gěi nǐ kàn kàn wǒ de shíkè bǎnhuà. :eek:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Crikey I messed that up! My sincere apologies for hijacking your thread Hettie's Crew !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
H.O.G.....

Would a "Funster" fit in...????

I thought they were all beer swilling, Tattoo`d, Long haired, Pot bellied, Hairy :lipssealed:, Bikers...

:LOL: There's another 'H.O.G' too - the Hillside Owners Group which (sorry Jim) lives on FB. I guess it's possible that some of the members could be described as beer swilling, tattoo'd, long haired, hairy, and bikers - perhaps even pot bellied (ahem). :ROFLMAO: I'm going to a HillsideOG meet in September so may find out! ;)

I will say that the HillsideOG is an enjoyable group with folk who seem to be pretty friendly and helpful to each other. I don't think there have been any serious fallings out, yet! We're a titch of a group compared to the HymerOG with under 200 members, though climbing fast.

Sep 25, 2018
Funster No
MH
Chausson 628eb Ford 170
Exp
September 2019
It really does bring home just what a fantastic forum this is and how well it’s moderated, allowing open discussion without being shut down. Unless our rules are broken.
Its a real shame the HOG FB group is being run by a dictatorship because in my short time there I got the impression there are some very nice people.
You fool! You made the stupid mistake that Forums are meant to be fun. You are not here to enjoy yourself!

Go and birch yourself ,or on the other hand, do what I do. Every time I feel myself smiling I go and look at my bank statement. That brings me back to the gloom of modern life!

Of course a more evil man than I (are there any I hear you cry) would start a campaign to get everybody on this Forum to join the one you mention and start leaving negative comments.............................

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I mentioned that I was selling my 1987 Mercedes Hymer 660S once on the FB Classic Hymer Group... got a dozen replies... one young man turned up to look at it the next day(ish)...

...after jumping through the hoops it was sold.

Well done FB.

JJ :cool:

Aug 6, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
Since 2019
I’m a member of the HOG forum. I’ve always wondered what sorts of comments some folk have made that results in them being thrown off. We have a compact Hymer and avoid big expensive sites, preferring CLs and “wild” camping. I can’t imagine ever attending a rally as it’s not our sort of thing. I’ve always found almost all people on there to be very friendly and helpful, perhaps I’ve never posted the “wrong” thing! I did get one angry face when I joined, amongst many other friendly likes; I suspect it was because ours isn’t a traditional Hymer but the poster decided not to explain his reasons.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I am another who didn’t get past his first weeks membership 🤔

they don’t even have the decency to tell you they have chucked you off , let alone why

they really don’t like to see negativity about the brand posted, however true and god help you if you criticise poor workmanship by TW 😳

I have got far more from MHF than I expect I might have from HOG 👍

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
North Korea, China, Belarus, they’re nothing compared with Hymer Owners Group Facebook group.
I joined yesterday, chucked out today. Why you may ask, I questioned the advice being given by one of the moderators (P), I won’t give the name.
I’d commented on a few threads, received several likes, including from (P), then today (P) put on a post explaining how he had greased his ALKO chassis in accordance with the advice he’d previously given. Several members challenged this advice, with what I believe to be the correct method, but were ‘corrected’ by (P).
I took up the post and gave all the information I’d gleaned from here only to be told again.
I gave a diagram, the link to Fraser engineering and a full explanation as to why it wasn’t a good idea to pump in 1 to 2 full tubes of grease, explaining all about the bronze bushes/seals etc and said I would leave it there and make no further comment, adding we all have to chose what advice to take or leave.
(P) came back with a curt response and accused me of being unwilling to help people, like he does and didn’t like what I’d said.
Within minutes I was unable to access the thread to respond, apparently blocked, I then noticed I was unable to see any posts or comments by (P), even where he’d liked other posts, others names come up but his said ‘data not available’
Feeling put out and noticing I could still post I decided to suggest a 9th rule be added to their list.
Rule 9. Under no circumstances suggest the advice being by (P) could be wrong, or words to that effect, I can’t see it anymore. All very polite though.
Within minutes that post got four likes and two supporting comments from members. Minutes after that their comments were removed from the post and shortly after I lost access.
It really does bring home just what a fantastic forum this is and how well it’s moderated, allowing open discussion without being shut down. Unless our rules are broken.
Its a real shame the HOG FB group is being run by a dictatorship because in my short time there I got the impression there are some very nice people.
Ha ha ha yeah i got banned last year by the asshole that is paul ....im not scared to name him

Why?

Because i dared to tell people they didn't have to fit motorhome tyres that commercial tyres did the job just fine.

But as the group gets funding from a sponser who supplies french motorhome tyres i got told off my

The other moderator the female option of arthur is another pain ...

I rejoined under disguise last week to advertise my hymer and shes been pestering me to add details to my add constantly. Like no one can ask a question these days

I know hymers are german but these mods are like left over from the gestapo

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Would appear lot's of forums have their Ayatollahs. (but not this one:LOL:)
I felt i had to bow out of the JEC (Jaguar E-Type Club)
On reaching 10,000 post's the JEC #1 was being congratulated, i thought i made a funny by say "he should get out more", well the abuse i got from his right hand henchman and a couple of others i couldn't believe. The work he put's in, the help he gives blah blah. I was called ungrateful and lot's of other things.
Load of kin snobs.
Made sure i keep well away from their club and events.

OP
OP
Hettie's Crew
Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
I just 'applied' to join HOG, we don't have one, I just want to see how quickly I can get myself banned. ;)
All I did was to make the mistake of suggesting that the method he was describing to grease the ALKO axle wasn’t quite right and explained in detail why.
This wasn’t my first experience of the HOG Facebook forum though. Three years ago I joined and in one thread about Canbus compliant DRL LED bulbs I pointed out there was no need to buy the expensive ones they were insisting on because FIAT based models weren’t always Canbus on the DRL’s circuit. I showed the ones I’d used, ordinary LED‘s. I even explained how they could check if their model was Canbus DRL or not.
Members appeared to appreciate it but not the moderators, saying a lot of work had gone into researching and sourcing these bulbs for the members.
I left the group myself back then because the level of technical knowledge appeared very low controlled rigorously by the ill informed, self important moderators.
I only joined again to see if anything had changed.

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
North Korea, China, Belarus, they’re nothing compared with Hymer Owners Group Facebook group.
I joined yesterday, chucked out today. Why you may ask, I questioned the advice being given by one of the moderators (P), I won’t give the name.
I’d commented on a few threads, received several likes, including from (P), then today (P) put on a post explaining how he had greased his ALKO chassis in accordance with the advice he’d previously given. Several members challenged this advice, with what I believe to be the correct method, but were ‘corrected’ by (P).
I took up the post and gave all the information I’d gleaned from here only to be told again.
I gave a diagram, the link to Fraser engineering and a full explanation as to why it wasn’t a good idea to pump in 1 to 2 full tubes of grease, explaining all about the bronze bushes/seals etc and said I would leave it there and make no further comment, adding we all have to chose what advice to take or leave.
(P) came back with a curt response and accused me of being unwilling to help people, like he does and didn’t like what I’d said.
Within minutes I was unable to access the thread to respond, apparently blocked, I then noticed I was unable to see any posts or comments by (P), even where he’d liked other posts, others names come up but his said ‘data not available’
Feeling put out and noticing I could still post I decided to suggest a 9th rule be added to their list.
Rule 9. Under no circumstances suggest the advice being by (P) could be wrong, or words to that effect, I can’t see it anymore. All very polite though.
Within minutes that post got four likes and two supporting comments from members. Minutes after that their comments were removed from the post and shortly after I lost access.
Not been sent to Coventry on this forum then?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I joined practical caravan forum after they said it was good on the out and about forum. After a couple of my funny posts got deleted I deleted all my content and told them to ban me 😊 they did... Probably with relish.
I lasted 60 odd posts anyway. 😁

OP
OP
Hettie's Crew
Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Not been sent to Coventry on this forum then?
I’ve never been chucked off anything or had any warnings, which is why I was a little put out by how I was treated on there. I’m never disrespectful to anyone, I hope.
I love what I‘ve learnt on here from some very helpful and knowledgeable people.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I am another who didn’t get past his first weeks membership 🤔

they don’t even have the decency to tell you they have chucked you off , let alone why
You’re right about that I was never told why and not even told I had been flung off I suspect it was the the headlight problem with the hella led drl wiring fault that I shared on here which he didn’t like and I even credited him with it?😊🤔

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back