East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
Hello all
I dropped off my van at the dealers where I bought it for some warranty work,
The problem is an intermittent ABS light on the dash, its been coming on when I drive it after about 5 miles but not every time I drive it since around Christmas time, if I stopped the van and turned off the key and then started it again it would clear the fault, I booked it into the dealer explaining the problem, I dropped the van off with around 1 quarter tank (about ÂŁ30) of diesel, the dealer phoned me 2 days later to say my van was ready to pick up, he had not done any work on the van because he could not get the light to come on, I went to pick up my van and the empty tank light was on, now am I to stand the cost of the diesel or should he offer me some cash?
On another note, he still has the van because I jumped in it and started to drive away and guess what, yes! the ABS light came on so I backed into the dealers garage and got him to plug his computer in showing a right hand front wheel speed sensor fault :thumb: so he is now doing the work
Thanks

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I don't think it is unreasonable for you to foot the diesel bill tbh. He needed to use it to test and reproduce the fault. You could try and get it back now but he will just add it to the bill as diagnostic costs :winky:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I think you will find the van is under warranty

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
work done by garages

in December last I had my mh in for a full service. also boght a new higher powered water pump as the old one wasn't powerfull enough so I asked them to take the old one out and fit the new one. this they did and I paid my bill and thught no more about it.until we went to chester for the food and drink festival. when we got there all the carpets was wet through so I searched the van to see where it was coming from.the water pump hadn't been fit correctly.this corrected my self only to find there was leaks all over. the joints were leaking too so sorted them out.bearing in mind the van was perfect when it went in. on futher investigation I found that my old pump had not been put back like I told them to as I was going to sell it on e bayon opening the fridge I found that the egg tray was missing .on top of all this my wife was very poorly with flue and had to come home so be aware to make a note of the things you have in your van and check that there all there when you pick it up steve:whatthe:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i think i saw your van and a the dealer at a rally for grease monkeys they was all drunk and crashing out in the dealers van looks like they had a great time :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back