Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Whilst still looking into ways of making older Motor Homes in particular but all vehicles in general LEZ compliant
I have come across some info that may be of interest
As from the end of July it will no longer be allowed to fit Ceramic Catalytic Converters to any motor vehicle registered after 2001,
For the non technical out there when you fail the MoT due to a cat converter problem chances are any replacement you were offered was of the cheaper ceramic type, and will remain so for pre 2001 vehicles, new legislation now says the more expensive metal type MUST be used, (Penalty of ÂŁ5000 ) per incorrect Cat supplied :Eeek:
This will have the effect of doubling or trebling the present cost of supplying and fitting a new converter

On the LEZ scene, Manf are working on a new aftermarket particulate filter system that will have a reservoir of special fluid that will super heat exhaust fumes to re burn carbon from the system, and may allow older vehicles to comply
The range of vehicles coverd is still being thought out:RollEyes:
Geo

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Many many thanks, very interested in making ours LEZ compliant so please keep us updated

xxxxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I certainly will keep you updated I really feel for all you folk down south and the effects the LEZ is having on all types of vehicles
I think its only a matter of time before the LEZ spreads outward and I want to be prepared:thumb:
AS we say tup north
When London sneezes we up here catch a cold:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
we used to love staying on the crystal pallace site in london, have inlaws down there so was handy to visit them and spend our dosh in the city, but not anymore,

what's annoying, at me mot in april, the emmisions result was 1.48, this was because i was running on bio-diesel, the tester couldent believe it made any differance, so we switched over to the tank of dino diesel, and only just passed the test!!

looked into the lez thing for reduced emmisions, found that for certian iveco engines being able to get emmisions below 1.50 got you a certificate and allowed you in,

but alas my engine wasnt listed, only the newer ones, as apparantly mine can never meet that targets... yet it bloomin well can,

i asked tfl about this, and was told basicaly tough titty, your engine shouldent meet the standards, so your not coming in,

so now we use the sites on the outskirts of the lez zone, and ride the scooter in... wish we still had the old stink wheel scoot, that'd have been good, trading a motorhome that meets the emmisions limit which would have one journey to a site and stay there as we'd use public transport, to making 20 or 30 journeys on a smokey old 2 stroke scoot :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back