Carthago L144 qb compactline newbie (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Mitchell
Feb 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago compactline
Exp
15 year
What’s best to wash and polish these vehicles , I might wash it when I get to Norfolk 🚐😎

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just a Question about waste water lever in floor cubby hole , do you need to lubricate mechanism as stiff to open / close ?
We leave our waste open all the time to save having to prat around lifting the floor hatch and risk loosing a dog down it! :giggle:

Before you ask I'm not a dribbler :giggle: ... I made a bung to go in the end of the waste pipe from a 'hosepipe to tap' push on connector, Sikaflex (to fill the hole) and gaffer tape to make it the right diameter for a nice tight fit and a bit of string to tie it to the pipe just in case it came loose (never has) ... works a treat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
When I finally beat the wife into submission the next van will be either a Compact Line or C Tourer. First job will we an electric valve on the waste.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
When I finally beat the wife into submission the next van will be either a Compact Line or C Tourer. First job will we an electric valve on the waste.
Id Love an electric valve on the waste, if we ever meet again Lenny ………….

:xrofl::xrofl:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Id Love an electric valve on the waste, if we ever meet again Lenny ………….

:xrofl:
:xrofl:
Get your finger out its an easy job. Don't forget to fit the camera then you can take a dump without moving from the drivers seat. :xrofl:

Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Have you seen a suitable valve? I've been looking for a 40mm one for my Laika, but all the ones I've seen look too bulky and heavy. In the meantime I've fitted an external valve and leave the internal one open.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I think im going for a Knaus Boxdrive 680ME (on the MAN base) when the time comes😉👍

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I think im going for a Knaus Boxdrive 680ME (on the MAN base) when the time comes😉👍
I've often thought about a PVC but don't reckon we could cope with the lack of space and no garage. A friend George (the man who started the UK Carthago owners club) last year went from from an S Plus down to a Malibu PVC and they are getting on well with it.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I've often thought about a PVC but don't reckon we could cope with the lack of space and no garage. A friend George (the man who started the UK Carthago owners club) last year went from from an S Plus down to a Malibu PVC and they are getting on well with it.
i was leaning towards a Malibu, but then I stumbled on knaus pvc’s and I think they’ve got the edge on the Malibu, the MAN base is the cherry on the cake.
It would have to be auto and preferably LHD although that might be a problem from next year🤷‍♂️👍

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
I need to change my profile too Lenny, how do I do it 😂

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
i was leaning towards a Malibu, but then I stumbled on knaus pvc’s and I think they’ve got the edge on the Malibu, the MAN base is the cherry on the cake.
It would have to be auto and preferably LHD although that might be a problem from next year🤷‍♂️👍
Don't get to excited the MAN is only a VW Crafter.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Don't get to excited the MAN is only a VW Crafter.
I know but MAN brand has a bit more street cred and distances you a bit from the vw aficionados (well to those that don’t know any better😉👍).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back