Carthago L144 qb compactline newbie (1 Viewer)

Feb 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago compactline
Exp
15 year
Hi all thanks for the help buying this motorhome, I decided to get the heavier 3750 kg model , I am just getting used to all the bits and pieces ,so I might have a few questions about devices etc 🚐😎
39E5AD18-0BE0-489E-B291-3CE027868E9F.jpeg

Dec 7, 2017
Sherwood Forest, Notts
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017. Before had caravan, folding camper and various tents.
We love our compactline.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mitchell
Feb 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago compactline
Exp
15 year
Just a Question about waste water lever in floor cubby hole , do you need to lubricate mechanism as stiff to open / close ?

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
We love our Compactline too. I just put up with the stiff waste water lever.
It's a common problem with this model. I fitted a tap just before the outlet under the van and then leave the waste gate open.
OK in summer but inboard waste gate is better in freezing conditions, a frozen solid waste pipe is a real nuisance.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.

OK in summer but inboard waste gate is better in freezing conditions, a frozen solid waste pipe is a real nuisance.
Can you replace the lever with a better quality one ?

OP
OP
Mitchell
Feb 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago compactline
Exp
15 year
I was just worried in case I snapped the lever !!

OP
OP
Mitchell
Feb 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago compactline
Exp
15 year
Another Question it’s got the pioneer head unit (amazing ) set it up for fire stick , cd surround sound is great , love the Teck

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Another Question it’s got the pioneer head unit (amazing ) set it up for fire stick , cd surround sound is great , love the Teck
Make sure you turn off the media switch on the control panel after use or you will have a flat starter battery in the morning.
They draw quite a few amps in standby.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Can you replace the lever with a better quality one ?
I think the lever is good but it is remote from the tank and the mechanical linkage adds to the resistance. On my i143 it is positioned in a floor locker and can be accessed by leaning in through the hab door and lifting the locker lid. This locker is a useful design feature that gives access to the the waste water, battery isolation switch, frost dump and hot water drain down valve from a comfortable standing position outside the motorhome. All in one onboard heated compartment. It is particularly handy when draining the grey water into a container because you can open and close the valve without climbing in and out. It also works well for a final exit, you can climb out before retracting the step, retract the step and then turn the battery isolator to the off position before locking up.

OP
OP
Mitchell
Feb 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago compactline
Exp
15 year
Make sure you turn off the media switch on the control panel after use or you will have a flat starter battery in the morning.
They draw quite a few amps in standby.
Do you mean the music button on control panel? Will it be ok if your on hookup as charging all the time , also I thought the tv and media came from leisure batteries?

Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Hi all thanks for the help buying this motorhome, I decided to get the heavier 3750 kg model , I am just getting used to all the bits and pieces ,so I might have a few questions about devices etc 🚐😎View attachment 567970
Congratulations. Lovely van. Hope you are as pleased as we are with ours.

OP
OP
Mitchell
Feb 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago compactline
Exp
15 year
Do you mean the music button on control panel? Will it be ok if your on hookup as charging all the time , also I thought the tv and media came from leisure batteries?
I just turned vehicle isolater switch off , the tv and head unit stayed on so mud be connected to leisure batteries!!

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Lenny HB how do you get TV to play out the radio speakers, forget that it’s probably beyond comprehension, I’ll put up with the avtex sound bar😂😂😂

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Just a Question about waste water lever in floor cubby hole , do you need to lubricate mechanism as stiff to open / close ?
On the waste lever, I’ve just got a Chic C line if its the same, nice and easy with a little pressure pushing down (or it will jump out the thing that it sits in)😉👍

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Yes that's the media switch, TV is wired to leisure battery, Pioneer head unit to the starter battery.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Lenny HB how do you get TV to play out the radio speakers, forget that it’s probably beyond comprehension, I’ll put up with the avtex sound bar😂😂😂
Select external speakers on the TV and set the head unit to aux input that the TV sound output is wired to.

OP
OP
Mitchell
Feb 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago compactline
Exp
15 year
Big thread ! On this model , you put a cd music or movie in front can stereo , then press mode on head unit , then select mirror and it comes on tv , with sound on all speakers , I explain better if you need more info , ps there must be a relay on stereo as switched isolater off on van and stereo and tv still works , so must be on leisure batteries 👍

OP
OP
Mitchell
Feb 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago compactline
Exp
15 year
Well fully loaded now I will see how it travels on route to Norfolk, I will see if I can see a weight bridge to check weigh ,,, keep you posted thanks mitch

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Big thread ! On this model , you put a cd music or movie in front can stereo , then press mode on head unit , then select mirror and it comes on tv , with sound on all speakers , I explain better if you need more info , ps there must be a relay on stereo as switched isolater off on van and stereo and tv still works , so must be on leisure batteries 👍
What isolator are you referring to as the standard Carthago wiring connects the head unit to the starter battery.

OP
OP
Mitchell
Feb 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago compactline
Exp
15 year
The red key in the floor step entrance compartment,next to waste drain boiler drain etc

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks

Not if you leave it open and put a bucket under it

Reactions: f6c
Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
On my 138, the waste lever is in the floor locker adjacent to the transverse bed and only reachable from outside if you are an orang-utan and even that's a stretch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back