Carthago C-Tourer i150 vs Rapido 9090DF for all seasons

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
just looking
Hey folks. I'm looking for my first motorhome that I want to take to the Alps in winter as well as summers around Europe and UK. Looking to spend up to £80k max and these 2 have caught me eye. I'll be looking to take a motorbike in garage too. Does anyone have any advice on one vs the other? The Carthago has 22k miles on a 16 plate (£75k) and the Rapido has 10K on a 16 Plate (£70k). Thanks!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Both good brands - hopefully someone with more specific knowledge about those & motorbike storage will be along with advice soon...

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
What’s the payload of each?
Usually, Carthago is pretty good.
You’ll need it for taking a motorbike as remember you’ll have everything else weight wise to take on all trips so factor this in.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Also check the payload of the garage as some are incredibly low, for that price have a look at the Knaus range. I’m biased as we have one but I don’t think you’ll get better value for money and they do a range with double floor so ideal for ski trips.

OP
OP
J
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
just looking
Thanks for the advice guys. I've checked out some knaus but haven't found an A-class with the right spec (yet). I really liked a LHD Dethleffs esprit until I drove it a few days ago and found the door pillar completely obscured the left mirror (I'm sit quite far back). Shame as a great van...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
As above, check garage payload. Carthago normally pretty good for that. Check unladen weight of both as well. I believe Rapido have a reputation for being heavy. That said, both good brands.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back