Caravan club Email - What do you think (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Genuine question! Just wondering what other funsters make of this email from caravan and motorhome club- Are they caring for members or being OTT? Given of course that even tier 3 are not banned from travel, only “advised”

Members and guests who reside in a Local Alert level of Very High should not travel to any of the Club’s other campsites whilst the alert is in place but can continue to stay at a campsite within their own very high alert area.

Please also be aware that on arrival at one of our campsites that is within a very high alert area, our sites teams have been asked to monitor home address details to ensure we are keeping all of our guests as safe as possible.
and guests who reside in a Local Alert level of Very High should not travel to any of the Club’s other campsites whilst the alert is in place but can continue to stay at a campsite within their own very high alert area.

Please also be aware that on arrival at one of our campsites that is within a very high alert area, our sites teams have been asked to monitor home address details to ensure we are keeping all of our guests as safe as possible

missmollie

Free Member
Jul 30, 2008
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Knaus SUN TI
Exp
since 2006
I am due to go to Brixham CAMC at the beginning of November and we are in a High Alert Level. according to the email we are allowed to visit sites as normal. I can imagine the conversation when I arrive after travelling 250 miles if I come across one of the well renowned jobs worth wardens who have their own interpretation of the new rules and won't let me stay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
There's no telling what the club will do next, but I find it difficult to believe that it'd turn business away.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Just read it again
I don’t like them forcing us to use the nhs track and trace app 😳😮
They're not "forcing" you to do anything :rolleyes: ...
just suggesting its a very good idea... which it is.
When I checked into this CAMC yesterday, the QR code was on the back of my receipt and it was pointed out it was there... no strong arm tactics.

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
I am due to go to Brixham CAMC at the beginning of November and we are in a High Alert Level. according to the email we are allowed to visit sites as normal. I can imagine the conversation when I arrive after travelling 250 miles if I come across one of the well renowned jobs worth wardens who have their own interpretation of the new rules and won't let me stay.

The right thing to do would be not to travel outside of your own high level area regardless of what rules are able to be used to your advantage.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Just read it again
I don’t like them forcing us to use the nhs track and trace app 😳😮
Why wouldn’t you use the app anyway?
What are you scared of?
In my opinion everyone should have the app downloaded (assuming of course they have a smart phone), surely it is the sensible and dutiful thing to do.

Richard.

Jun 18, 2008
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hymer B588 PL
Exp
34 Years
The email tells you NOT to travel out of your area.
Members and guests who reside in a Local Alert level of Very High should not travel to any of the Club’s other campsites whilst the alert is in place but can continue to stay at a campsite within their own very high alert area.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Surely the point of having an area designated as high alert should mean that people from there do NOT travel to other areas that are at a lower level and that includes travelling through them to get to another high level area. The reason for all of this is to try to prevent Covid spreading, not spoiling holidays.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
<<The safety and well being of our guests, staff and local communities, remains our top priority and so we ask for your continued support to keep our campsites as safe as possible. In order to support this, all members will be asked to register their attendance at our sites through the NHS Test & Trace App to record their visit. >>

I don't have a Smartphone so that's me out.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Very sound advice... perhaps just to make tuggers & chuggers think twice if they thought the rules & guidance didn't apply to them... or even living in their own little world, it hadn't occurred to them.
Ditto this sentiment . It’s easy to feel in your own bubble in a motorhome .

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
<<The safety and well being of our guests, staff and local communities, remains our top priority and so we ask for your continued support to keep our campsites as safe as possible. In order to support this, all members will be asked to register their attendance at our sites through the NHS Test & Trace App to record their visit. >>

I don't have a Smartphone so that's me out.
If you don’t have a smartphone my understanding was that they are simply using your booking details on their system to fulfil the NHS track and trace requirement .

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!

They are only in a high area rather than very high but anyone sensible should make their own decision that high should be treated the same unless totally unavoidable (not holidays)

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
No it doesnt actually say that, it replicates the government message that you SHOULD NOT, not that you MUST NOT
If you are happy to comply with the suggestion then do so....shoud be no issues with that

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We were thinking of having a couple of nights away if the weather forecast is okay. We'd only go a few miles - maybe only 20 miles from home.

Why wouldn’t you use the app anyway?
What are you scared of?
In my opinion everyone should have the app downloaded (assuming of course they have a smart phone), surely it is the sensible and dutiful thing to do.

Richard.

The app doesn't recognise Scottish postcodes so we couldn't register even if we had smart phones.

We live on the border - shop in England and live in Scotland because that is how the medical diet support was set up by our local authority when we were in shielding.

We've been advised not to use either app - you can't have both running at once and they don't "talk" to each other. You couldn't make it up!

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
We were thinking of having a couple of nights away if the weather forecast is okay. We'd only go a few miles - maybe only 20 miles from home.

The app doesn't recognise Scottish postcodes so we couldn't register even if we had smart phones.

We live on the border - shop in England and live in Scotland because that is how the medical diet support was set up by our local authority when we were in shielding.

We've been advised not to use either app - you can't have both running at once and they don't "talk" to each other. You couldn't make it up!
So easy to be a critic, not so easy to develop a system for 66 million UK population when national governments insist on flexing their devolved muscles.
Whoever gave you the advice is wrong.
Yes the 2 apps don't talk to each other, neither do they talk to the French or German apps!
But you can have both apps on your phone... just use the appropriate one for your location.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Corperate Liability. This E-mail. Absolves the Officers and Wardens from any blame should you become ill.
A notice in most haulage yards now. HAVE YOU... Checked.oil,Water,Wheel nuts,Tyre pressures.... Saving the best till last... " NO Horseplay in the yard"...TRUE !!. Same as construction sites.. "No Safety hat-goggles boots.... NO JOB ! " You cannot blame them from protecting themselves from certain members........ Its not ALL one way traffic from certain Wardens,been there,done that and have the proverbial
Tea Bag

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
So easy to be a critic, not so easy to develop a system for 66 million UK population when national governments insist on flexing their devolved muscles.
They're not developing a national system. They are developing multiple local systems, without involving the local governments. With a track record of multiple failures.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
If the club decide to go further than the government and not allow people from a high area to stay in a low one its up to them. Just the same as any hotel could. Being a club if the majority of members then vote against the management at the next AGM its a different question. I can see it being quite popular with members from lower risk areas who want to feel safer.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Whoever gave you the advice is wrong.
Yes the 2 apps don't talk to each other, neither do they talk to the French or German apps!
But you can have both apps on your phone... just use the appropriate one for your location.

I am on the border ...... which one should I use? The people I know have deleted both - the English one because it won't let them register and the Scottish one because it doesn't work in the places they are most likely to meet people. You can't run both at the same time so have to switch between them - if you remember. Because of the switching and travel from Scotland to England and England to Scotland (sometimes several times an hour) if a person forgets to change apps then tracing falls between the cracks.

I am not likely to go to France or Germany so that argument is not valid. I do cross between England and Scotland - and have a friend whose farm straddles the border.

Neither Martin nor I have smart phones that will run either app.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
I’m due to check in to a CAMC SITE on Sunday. I rang the site, they confirmed that the use of the NHS app is a request but not a requirement. If your phone does not support the app you can check in as normal as the club already has your membership details on line. I think it is perfectly reasonable request, I guess I need to update my poor old phone.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
TBH... the App is supposed to be for your benefit... to auto alert you you've been within a certain distance for a certain time period of someone who has tested positive.
If it pings, then I guess it's down to you & your conscience whether or not you follow advice & protocol.
As I'm 'away' this week, I'm happy to check-in to places, just in case.

Garratt

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Miskin
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer D55+
Exp
Since 2017
If you are intending to travel from a tier 3 area in England to a site in Wales, this is now against the law. As such, I would expect C&MC sites in Wales to refuse to allow members from those areas.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp

Were in the same boat , only 10 minutes from the Border and we shop in Asda Carlisle for most things .
We also do our Banking there
If we go anywhere it’s always South

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back