Car insurance renewal (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
Don't know if I should have put this on the motorhome insurance section. I'm just getting quotes for my car insurance renewal on the comparison sites. One of the questions is do you own/have use of another car. Obviously I own a motorhome, but don't know if they would accept this as a car, it doesn't say 'vehicle'. I put it in as another car, then went back and took it out. The quote went UP by £50. What does everyone else do in this case? I think I'm going to have to phone the companies up, which I am not looking forward to.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I've two cars as well as the motorhome all insured with AIB who are members of Fun and, they say, give a Funster discount. As soon as I acquired a second, then third vehicle I called my insurance company (not AIB at that time) and discuss options. Most will mirror your NCD on the first vehicle to the second, when I got the third vehicle I was given a 20% start up discount. I can't see a problem calling your insurance company or the one on the comparison site, you may find you're pleasantly surprised if they want your business.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I believe that, if you have access to another vehicle, the Insurance Company accept that driving will be shared between the two vehicles, therefore reducing the risk.

Hence the £50 discount for having access to one.

Declare it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back