Free Member
Aug 7, 2019
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 695F
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi everyone, now I'm retired I've fulfilled a long held dream...I've just bought a motorhome. I was after a small 2 berth but my son persuaded me to buy a 7m long MH!

I don't pick up until 9 September and intend to go out and about as much as possible unless there is snow and ice. I don't intend to go to Europe in the foreseeable future as there's so much to explore here in the UK first.

It's been great buying accessories. Having caravanned for many years I had a rough idea of how much gear to get. Looking forward to any advice and tips I may get on here!

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
1566404116444.png
w2f

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
You will have more fun in France / Spain than the Uk. They are certainly more geared up for MHs than the Uk ever will be. We have found that most of the Uk CL Sites are a distance from places and pubs and narrow roads / locals driving at speed and bikes don't really go together. You will certainly need a bike unless you are happy walking everywhere or catching the local bus.

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Get yourself an e-bike and a bike rack for the back of the MH (or not if it will fit in the garage)
Nothing worse than getting all levelled up on site to find it's miles to the pub :D
That will take care of all your exploring and shopping needs.
Also try not to fill the MotorHome with everything but the kitchen sink and travel light (the MH will go better and cost you less in diesel too ha)
Oh and welcome to the funny farm

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Congratulations - But don't give up on Europe yet.

Beautiful place and much more geared to motorhome life. :D

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. ?. I have to agree about how Europe is much better for motorhomes.

Wyn

OP
OP
HappyDaze

HappyDaze

Free Member
Aug 7, 2019
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 695F
Exp
I’m a newbie
You will have more fun in France / Spain than the Uk. They are certainly more geared up for MHs than the Uk ever will be. We have found that most of the Uk CL Sites are a distance from places and pubs and narrow roads / locals driving at speed and bikes don't really go together. You will certainly need a bike unless you are happy walking everywhere or catching the local bus.
Food for thought....i would get a bike but I have a dog!

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Food for thought....i would get a bike but I have a dog!

We leave ours in the MH. SWMBO takes her out for a ball throwing session first and then we leave her in the MH. As they are well insulated it never gets too hot and we leave a fan going. You are going to struggle getting anywhere unless you want to take the MH out on a daily basis. Lots of planning needed for that and working out where you can park. Most parking spaces seem to have height barriers installed. Google Maps is good for checking. You also have to make sure if you get in, that you can get out so you need to practice reversing using mirrors.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi and :welcome4:

I don't intend to go to Europe in the foreseeable future as there's so much to explore here in the UK first.

Whyever not? It all depends on how ancient you are of course, but we took the decision to explore abroad as much as we can whilst we can and until we no longer feel up to it. Then we'll spend more time to explore closer to home - although we don't totally ignore our own lovely countryside!

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Now live life to the full you never know how long you have left ???

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Welcome to Fun.

Don't write off 'abroad' yet.
UK roads=hell.
French roads=heaven................plus the joy of Aires de Camping-Car.
:france::france:

Richard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back