LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I’ve been more than fair to the CAMC this year . Paying full membership to “ keep the club going 🙄” , I was at that point happy to do this .
Their decision yesterday (22nd of December)to close all Club sites at 12pm 26th of December and reopen on January 2nd has made me decide to cancel my membership and never use them again . It’s absolutely unfair . What’s the point in a tier system if they don’t follow those rules ? I tried to phone and ask but they close at 5pm . I went on a live chat and the advisor just said it’s down to “ government guidance “ 🙄The C&C club will be keeping their sites open in tier 1 and 2 and because of this I will be joining them next year . I am not paying for a club membership I can’t even use ! 🤬🤬

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
My membership is due for renewal this month but I’m going to be delaying that as I don’t expect to get much use at least for the 1st quarter of 2021. The only reason I am a member is I like the location of some of the sites. At least with the CCC membership was automatically extended as an acknowledgement that they had been closed for part of this year.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I don’t blame them.

Every day people argue with my staff when told we won’t book them because of their Tier restrictions

The counter argument of ‘I don’t worry about that shit’ is the beginning of the argument.

I don’t suppose that the Clubs can instruct their staff to deal with such arguments the way I do, with words like ‘do’ ’twat’ “Off’ ‘selfish’ ‘piss’ ‘then’ ‘We’

Oh add to this as a consequence of the blame culture, we ’staff’ are to blame for everything as well, despite woeful and momentously poor planning on the part of the ‘wronged party’

So easier to close.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I'm not a member of the CMC I'm with the other lot, I was intending to join the CMC next year for the CL sites. I will wait and see what happens.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
I'm not a member of the CMC I'm with the other lot, I was intending to join the CMC next year for the CL sites. I will wait and see what happens.
Yes, probably better to wait before renewing C&MC membership if it’s up for renewal soon - you never know, there may be a ‘special-offer’ for ’new’ members.....!!!:xThumb:;)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I fear it is part of a much bigger change coming our way very soon, the lack of a camp site will seem trivial by the end of this year 🙁
That statement has really brightened my morning!
Without the campsites being open where the ‘watzits’ are full timers going?
We can’t go ‘home’ MiL lives there, she is 90 and not in best of health and in tier 4!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
That statement has really brightened my morning!
Without the campsites being open where the ‘watzits’ are full timers going?
We can’t go ‘home’ MiL lives there, she is 90 and not in best of health and in tier 4!
When we were told to close last time we didn’t. We just stopped anyone ‘new’ on, so had about 12 full timers who stayed for the duration. Seemed the right thing to do.

Dec 31, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750
Exp
Since 2019
I fear it is part of a much bigger change coming our way very soon, the lack of a camp site will seem trivial by the end of this year 🙁
I see. I had no idea it was that bad – I thought they were rolling out one vaccine and there was another waiting for approval, so we just have to put up with another lockdown before then. But no, we are facing Armageddon apparently. And the Caravan and Motorhome Club is in on it! AAAAAAARGH!

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I’m in both but rally more with C&CC, the other one is ok for the cl network, but then so is C&CC

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I don’t blame them.

Every day people argue with my staff when told we won’t book them because of their Tier restrictions

The counter argument of ‘I don’t worry about that shit’ is the beginning of the argument.

I don’t suppose that the Clubs can instruct their staff to deal with such arguments the way I do, with words like ‘do’ ’twat’ “Off’ ‘selfish’ ‘piss’ ‘then’ ‘We’

Oh add to this as a consequence of the blame culture, we ’staff’ are to blame for everything as well, despite woeful and momentously poor planning on the part of the ‘wronged party’

So easier to close.
You have shattered all my illusions, I thought working with the general public would be so easy. Haha

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I don’t blame them.

So easier to close.
Spot on Eddie add to that the uncertainty and high probability of another lockdown it is probably more rational to close until all this settles down ( Hopefully not to far into the future. ).

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Spot on Eddie add to that the uncertainty and high probability of another lockdown it is probably more rational to close until all this settles down ( Hopefully not to far into the future. ).
I think except full timers all sites ought to be closed and all holiday accommodation. It would be interesting to look at the home addresses for people staying on sites that are open and not checking those Eddie is turning away will probably go somewhere else rather than accept they ought to stay at home.

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
I’m sure there are plenty of places but how to find them!
ezee

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
Problem for these organisations is that the general advice regardless of tier is "essential travel" they will be trying to protect themselves, but also the business aspect, surely its not cost affective to open and close all the time...

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I think except full timers all sites ought to be closed and all holiday accommodation. It would be interesting to look at the home addresses for people staying on sites that are open and not checking those Eddie is turning away will probably go somewhere else rather than accept they ought to stay at home.
Oh don’t get me wrong full timers on site is one thing abs totally support that, I was thinking more of CAMC rather than Eddie as he is the owner not a volunteer or warden. Unless there is a real need and I do not count being out in the MoHo as one of them stay home. I had to visit the dentist yesterday as a tooth broke I’m in Tier 4! A trip to a campsite clearly would be unacceptable at the moment.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I know how to find campsites I meant how to find the ones that are likely to stay open in these difficult times!
Thank you all the same.

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
We can but hope that the modellers are wrong and their projection of possibly "tens of thousands" of deaths if this new wave isn't stopped is just a technical possibility rather than a grim reality. I think that maybe the time of thinking that we can have our cake and eat it has passed and if a national lockdown at Tier 4 is not announced sooner rather than later, finding a hospital that isn't overwhelmed is probably going to be more of a priority than finding a campsite.

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
I’ve been more than fair to the CAMC this year . Paying full membership to “ keep the club going 🙄” , I was at that point happy to do this .
Their decision yesterday (22nd of December)to close all Club sites at 12pm 26th of December and reopen on January 2nd has made me decide to cancel my membership and never use them again . It’s absolutely unfair . What’s the point in a tier system if they don’t follow those rules ? I tried to phone and ask but they close at 5pm . I went on a live chat and the advisor just said it’s down to “ government guidance “ 🙄The C&C club will be keeping their sites open in tier 1 and 2 and because of this I will be joining them next year . I am not paying for a club membership I can’t even use ! 🤬🤬
If it makes you feel better....

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Don’t blame them, too many people see themselves above the rules/law and think going on a jolly is essential.

You have those selfish customers to blame for ruining the availability for FLTs and those needing to travel for work, care and to attend funerals.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
My membership is due for renewal this month but I’m going to be delaying that as I don’t expect to get much use at least for the 1st quarter of 2021. The only reason I am a member is I like the location of some of the sites. At least with the CCC membership was automatically extended as an acknowledgement that they had been closed for part of this year.
The same reason I cancelled this year after 30 years membership.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I only used my CAMC membership for a total of 7 nights in two trips this this year and I'll renew. Saving the cost of the subscription is insignificant and the last thing on my mind in the light of all the other circumstances and general day-to-day restrictions, inconveniences and associated costs for my four little-used vehicles; RFL, insurance, MOT............
The bonus is that I'm getting 3 weeks to the gallon from my car (y)

Last edited:
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I haven’t been a members for years but have used only CL’s frequently, seldom get asked for membership card and the couple that have asked I’ve said I’m not a member... no problem they’ve said... can’t see people turning away money to park in a field..🤔

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I think it's the safest and best solution for C&MC as I wouldn't expect the warden on each site to have to check every booking to see what Tier the intended visitor resides in. We've just had Melrose cancel on us for the second time in a month and Strathclyde once. The decision was taken for them by Scottish Government as the whole of mainland Scotland goes into Tier 4 on 26th for a minimum of three weeks and no non-essential cross border travel. Wouldn't surprise me if the rest of UK were to follow suit.
Given their very responsible stance, and their previous support for full-timers in Lockdown One, I certainly will be renewing membership even if we don't get a chance to use it much in 2021. £50 odd quid isn't even the cost of a decent meal and drinks for two nowadays (if you can find a place that's open:xsad:)!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back