Can’t unblock Vanbitz non-starter. (1 Viewer)

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
I’m in bother here.

Set the non-starter as normal via the app 90 mins ago. Confirmed the status on the app.

Been trying for the last 20 mins to ‘unblock’ it. I have 2 bars of 4g mobile signal, same as when I set it. I’ve also tried the fob and while it’s flashing the led when the button is pressed, it’s not working either.

The only thing out of the ordinary is that I’m parked on a fairly heavy slope to the near side. Don’t know if that has any bearing.

Anyone has a similar issue? I’ve been caught with very weak mobile signal a couple of times before but the fob always worked then.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Bet that is frustrating. Strange that the fob is not working as well. Are you absolutely sure it's a non-starter issue? If so then you'd need to call Meta and they will interrogate the kit remotely and see what is going on.

OP
OP
A

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
Thanks folks.

I can’t think of anything else Jim, the status on the app is showing engine start blocked, the unblock requests are showing in the history, my ignition is coming on fine, and I have 13v on the starter battery.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Have you tried switching the ignition on?
You will trigger the alarm notification and get a phone call but it might just wake it up from it’s slumbers.

I think our non-starter is an older version than yours but that has worked for us several times.

Best of luck with getting going again.

Richard

OP
OP
A

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
Ignition on & off several times - no dice.

This van has my dog in it so reckon I’m ok there too!

Trying to get a number for MetaTrak

OP
OP
A

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
Thabks faraway, I’ve tried that- nobody there outside normal office hours.

I’ve logged into my system via the meta web app, same thing. Command sent but no action.

Anyone know of an out of hours contact for MetaTrak?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
I’ve used this number before and they have helped me -
EMERGENCY/THEFT
24 hour Secure Operating Centre

Call +44 (0) 330 220 0339

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
I had a similar problem to yours

OP
OP
A

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
Thanks again faraway.

I’ve gotten it started. Two phones and the web app are still showing engine start blocked though??

I had already tried resending block commands, waiting, then sending unblock.

This time I sent a block command, waited then tried the fob again. The fob gave a different series of flashes and I’m running.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Worth trying the System Restart command from the app when that happens.

OP
OP
A

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
Thanks Deneb, tried that pretty early on, no good.

Everything now showing unblocked. Strange carry on. I’m about 2 miles away from where I’d been parked. Maybe the mobile data signal was not as strong as it looked; but then it was strong enough to log-on and post here. The fob has always worked first time in the past too so that’s a bit of a worry.

I’ll call Vanbitz on Monday and see what they reckon.

OP
OP
A

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
Under commands. It’s called system restart on one of my phones and just restart on the other.
993E1DED-03A8-4F82-B6C7-269BCC3342F8.png

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Just out of interest where is that on the app ,don’t seem to be able to find it ?

Assuming you have the current Metatrak Shield type system it's in the Commands menu, between "Set Transport Mode" and "Wireless engine START block".

Current app version 2.6.92

OP
OP
A

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
Just out of interest was there a phone mast nearby ???
You might be on to something there. This lot was overhead and a fire station across the road.

Attachments

• 8B66DD22-2A35-4AD4-BD0B-49209FD10CCD.jpeg
    8B66DD22-2A35-4AD4-BD0B-49209FD10CCD.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 76

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Just out of interest was there a phone mast nearby ???

I’ve had my bike immobiliser play up when parked up under power lines. Moved it down the road and problem solved.

Ian

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
I’ve had my bike immobiliser play up when parked up under power lines. Moved it down the road and problem solved.

Ian
Yep it was just a thought as same thing happened to me had to push it down the road. Also when about to board a ferry had to push away from ship to start it.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Yep it was just a thought as same thing happened to me had to push it down the road. Also when about to board a ferry had to push away from ship to start it.

I had to do that once too. Was somewhat embarrassed to realise that I’d left the bike in 1st gear (deliberately) and hadn’t been pulling the clutch in when trying to start it! Doh!

Ian

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
My non starter has marroned me twice this week in france!
And Neither time it has been armed.... It has just stopped the van from restarting....

the first time was on Monday at lunchtime. We stopped at an aire on the A6, sat beside the open van, then once finished lunch, we packed up and the van wouldn't start or even turnover.... I checked the starter battery voltage and had 12.6v, so I was happy it wasn't a flat battery. It shouldn't have been anyway given the amount of motorway miles we have driven,
I managed to call eddievanbitz office and someone there here (James? Not Ash) gave me metatrak phone no and they sorted it eventually over the phone.

No problems since, then yesterday at 1500 we stopped at barrier at an empty aire in Les Saisies in the Savoie. I switched off the ignition and went to scope out the facilities. Iirc I left the key in the ignition. ( Wife in van)
When I came back about 1 min later, the van was completely dead again.

I called metatrak again but no one in out of Mon to Fri office hours and I couldn't find an out of hours phone no( I see one posted above now) I called eddievanbitz office but no one picked up, so I left a voice mail as requested but haven't had a call back as yet ( sun2000H BST)

Luckily the aire was empty, there was no one behind me and the van was facing downhill and I was able pay for the aire barrier and to then to roll the van in neutral through the gate. I was resigned to being stuck until Monday morning when I rolled it to a flattish pitch and I turned the key and it started....

I didn't get a remote override button but I will get one on my return.

I've never had a non starter problem before but twice in <1 week, both times marooning me has seriously dented my confidence in it

I have app version 2.6.6 on my iPhone

Last edited:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Luckily the aire was empty, there was no one behind me and the van was facing downhill and I was able pay for the aire barrier and to then to roll the van in neutral through the gate. I was resigned to being stuck until Monday morning when I rolled it to a flattish pitch and I turned the key and it started....

I didn't get a remote override button but I will get one on my return.

I've never had a non starter problem before but twice in <1 week, both times marooning me has seriously dented my confidence in it
I have just seen this, and it doesn’t make sense , but we will investigate to tomorrow. If you didn’t arm the system, there is no reason it should immobilise the van, as in, if you didn’t disarm the Non Starter, rolling through a barrier would allow the vehicle to start

Yes the over ride button would be a good idea, which was what every single user got the chance to upgrade, but if it isn’t actually a Non Starter issue, ( you didn’t arm it) the emergency over ride button wouldn’t help if it wasn’t a Non Starter issue.

We will call you tomorrow as we can check for you

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Stick your finger in your ear and sing ting aling aloo, I hasten to add it will not fix your problem, but before you know it loads of others will join in, you’ll make new friends, have a good time, a few beers and then forget what the problem was in the first place, sounds like a plan to me! :unsure: (y)

OP
OP
A

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
Spoke with Meta & Vanbitz this am.

Meta say the fob should always work regardless of interference and are sending some replacement batteries.

I think it was interference though, and when I lucked upon the right spot to hold the fob so that it was closest to the Meta box of tricks, that’s when it unblocked.
Vanbitz have told me exactly where to hold the fob if it happens again.

Thanks again to all who helped on Saturday.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
I have just seen this, and it doesn’t make sense , but we will investigate to tomorrow. If you didn’t arm the system, there is no reason it should immobilise the van, as in, if you didn’t disarm the Non Starter, rolling through a barrier would allow the vehicle to start

Yes the over ride button would be a good idea, which was what every single user got the chance to upgrade, but if it isn’t actually a Non Starter issue, ( you didn’t arm it) the emergency over ride button wouldn’t help if it wasn’t a Non Starter issue.

We will call you tomorrow as we can check for you
Could you remind us how/where to get the override fob and how/when to use it please Eddie.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back