campsites for families in benidorm and best routes through france (1 Viewer)

leigh4x4

Free Member
Jul 5, 2012
caerphilly
Funster No
MH
swift kon tiki 640
Exp
since 2009
hi all, im new here, i have a 1992 swift kon tiki 640 and have my crossing to calais booked for the 26th of this month:Smile: we are a young couple with three young children (twins of 2 and an 8 yr old) we plan on driving down through france, on into spain down to benidorm. could anyone advise of the best route to take? also any suggestions of some good campsites in benidorm would be much appreciated.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
We stopped at raco, this year very good site walking distance to the sea front , good site facilities showers etc, bit of a play area for the older child, shop on site good size clean pitches, there others a bit cheaper but not so good. Peter :thumb:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
hi and welcome to the funsters,there are quite a few camp sites in benidorm the ones that spring to mind el raco , villa sol ,el aranel ,la torreta.have a look on line to see if there suitable for kids ,i know el raco is pretty good and villa sol as ive stayed there quite a few times with the kids but have a look first as u know with kids you have please them all the time .good luck and a safe journey ,as for routes depends where your sailing too.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
leigh4x4

leigh4x4

Free Member
Jul 5, 2012
caerphilly
Funster No
MH
swift kon tiki 640
Exp
since 2009
thanks for the replies guys. ill check the campsites out and see which best suit our needs. i did the france to spain route back in 2010 and ended up taking what seemed to be an endless hill climb at midnight:whatthe: which wasnt one of my best ideas.(think it was the a75) our van at the time was a 1991 fiat concorde 19ft and she did struggle a little on the climb so with a similar type van and being 4ft longer i would rather try to avoid this route if possible but also would like to keep the toll charges down

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If your coming to benidorm for august you may want to check the sites for spaces. Its a busy time, i am in Beni now 30 degrees. Not at the campsite but we usually stay at villasol, fine for kids with indoor and outdoor pools. Easy access into town.
Our route toll free from calais is rouen, chartes and then down n10 to bordoux. Somport tunnel into spain, zarragoza, valencia and benidorm.

Ps. We wont be far behind you in the van. With 5 and 7 year old grandkids on board... If you do subscribe here members can PM you with more info. Need further help let me know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
leigh4x4

leigh4x4

Free Member
Jul 5, 2012
caerphilly
Funster No
MH
swift kon tiki 640
Exp
since 2009
thanks for the info. think i will give that route a go.:thumb:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Leigh4x4..
We have a change of plan and will be crossing via Dover Calais on the 24th, so a few days in front of you now..
I see your not a paid up member so cant send you any messages.. If you do decide to subscribe and need any more info or help then get in touch. We will be in Benidorm for a few weeks and not far from most of the campsites..

steve

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
We've done the same route as Tonka. We overnight at Jaunay Clan, just north of Poitiers or on one of the numerous aire just south of Poitiers. Then Oloron Saint Marie.
The municipal campsite in Zaragoza is good for an overnight in Spain. Google Camping Zaragoza.

Mike and Annie

scrapjack

Free Member
Jun 22, 2011
Andover, Hants.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7/8 years
camping in Benidorm

www.campinglatorreta.com is next to the Benidorm Palace and a sister site to El Raco. It is in the town so very convenient for the beach and shops etc. I plan on maybe trying it next time I'm down there, however, there is some decent feedback on the site. As regards the route I agree Roun/Chartres/Poitier/N10 to Bordeaux. From there you have a choice of the Somport tunnel, albeit it is a bit of a climb, or going round the western end via San Sebastion and on from there.
Enjoy :Smile:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back