Camping Villasol help/tips etc (1 Viewer)

pawwavingpuppy

Free Member
Jul 6, 2010
Here in lovely South Devon
Funster No
Hi all

We're thinking of heading to Camping Villasol Benidorm, around November of this year to spend a few months. We'll be pottering through France at a snails pace. We're thinking of catching the ferry from Dover. Just a few questions if I may??

Should we book the ferry now or wait? and should we book a return or just a single ticket? we're very flexible.

Should we book the site now or wait?

We've been looking at the camping Villasol web site, and find it a bit confusing (it doesn't take much!)

Our Moho an Itineo (FiFi) is 7.2 metres long. She also has a Fiamma awning which we will want to use.

Is it possible to request certain pitches? And if so what should we request?? Is there anything we should avoid??

Plus anything else anything else you could recommend would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

OP
OP
pawwavingpuppy

pawwavingpuppy

Free Member
Jul 6, 2010
Funster No
Just took another look at their web site and it seems they are fully booked, tried a few dates 1/11/2018 - 26/2/2019, they came up as unavailable, so if you could recommend any other sites in the general area??
Thanks

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Villasol don't allow dogs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
I was there November 2017 and lots of space available near the road. Phone them and you will get a pitch.

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Should we book the ferry now or wait? and should we book a return or just a single ticket
Check your insurance, ours requires us to have return travel, you don’t want to find out if need insurance while away that in fact you are not covered because you not in possession of return ticket. Bear in mind you can always change your return travel so have some freedom.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Everywhere will be pretty busy at that time of year in that area.

We left Cap Blanch in Altea then and they were queueing for our pitch.

If u know a site u want - try to book or be prepared to queue.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Check your insurance, ours requires us to have return travel, you don’t want to find out if need insurance while away that in fact you are not covered because you not in possession of return ticket. Bear in mind you can always change your return travel so have some freedom.

Oh damn. We never have a return date as Brittany Ferries dont issue the time table.

Must check that out with insurer. :)

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
We found the pitches by the road noisy and would not like more than a few days. I would phone as they can be helpful. My guess is , if you have a pitch you can move when others depart

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Villasol has been very busy this winter and remains so as we move on to Easter.
It is now an ACSI site offering a good day rate with electricity, hence a lot of short term folks were filling empty pitches as they became available throughout the winter.
I would recommend you email or phone the site to make a booking for your arrival date. Recently there has been quite a lot of changes to the management and reception staff and they are now generally very helpful.
You will not be able to book a specific pitch and will have to go on what's available when you arrive, however you should be able to move if a better pitch comes available.
The size of you van should not be a problem and you should be able to use your awning.
We are leaving soon but will hopefully be back in September, if you do make a booking contact me before you arrive and I'll give you an update on availability.
Cheers
Ed
Edit: Just checked at reception as I was passing and there is availability, the guy in tonight is very good, email or phone will do he said.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Villasol has been very busy this winter and remains so as we move on to Easter.
It is now an ACSI site offering a good day rate with electricity, hence a lot of short term folks were filling empty pitches as they became available throughout the winter.
I would recommend you email or phone the site to make a booking for your arrival date. Recently there has been quite a lot of changes to the management and reception staff and they are now generally very helpful.
You will not be able to book a specific pitch and will have to go on what's available when you arrive, however you should be able to move if a better pitch comes available.
The size of you van should not be a problem and you should be able to use your awning.
We are leaving soon but will hopefully be back in September, if you do make a booking contact me before you arrive and I'll give you an update on availability.
Cheers
Ed
Edit: Just checked at reception as I was passing and there is availability, the guy in tonight is very good, email or phone will do he said.
II have just tried to book and I am hoping there's just a problem with the website as it looks like every plot and every bit of accomodation is full for the whole year! Waiting for a resonse to an email.

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
II have just tried to book and I am hoping there's just a problem with the website as it looks like every plot and every bit of accomodation is full for the whole year! Waiting for a resonse to an email.
I had the same problem whenever I tried to book on the website too, but I still get offers to book online ......

Aug 17, 2011
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
Exp
since 2005
20180325_110540.jpg
20180325_110453.jpg
Hi, we're currently on villasol. Only here for 10 days. Not sure if this is of help to you, I noticed it was posted on the toilet block door. (I can't understand it) also a photo of the site plan.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
What insurance company is that please ?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
What insurance company is that please ?

I think this relates more to travel insurance not vehicle.
Staysure for one used to have this clause in the terms. I only found it AFTER my trip to Morocco in 2014 so glad we had no issues as single crossings were booked ..

OP
OP
pawwavingpuppy

pawwavingpuppy

Free Member
Jul 6, 2010
Funster No
Hi there

Thanks for all the replies. The web site appears to be down as whatever dates we request come up as N/A. Will give them a call today.
Will let you know how we get on.
Thanks again.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Sun's out today, hopefully it's gonna be nice,

OP
OP
pawwavingpuppy

pawwavingpuppy

Free Member
Jul 6, 2010
Funster No
We gave them a call as their web site is still showing N/A for all dates. All booked for November.(y)

Thanks for your help and advice.
Any further tips are appreciated.
It's our first outing abroad in Fi Fi :D and we'll be travelling Dover to Calais.
All I've read is that we'll need every adaptor known to mankind for our gas low, water and electric and still won't have the right ones :D

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Anyone,can't get sited,I'm in altea,txt me

Join us or log in to post a reply.