Camping Sol de Boreal, Calpe is Closing. (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Just been told that it is permanently closing as of the 1st of March, all the campers on there don't know what to do as everywhere is full. šŸ˜ž

Nov 5, 2017
Nouvelle Aquitaine France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1980
Such a waste it looks a nice site but I suppose building appartments or hotels will give them more money. But I also think Calpe needs camperparks. C'est la vie.

Reactions: f6c
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just been told that it is permanently closing as of the 1st of March, all the campers on there don't know what to do as everywhere is full. šŸ˜ž
That's the one that is near Alde isn't it? Stayed there for a few days in December 2022 and it was packed. We had previously stayed there in April 2022 and there were only about 5 or 6 vans there. Just told to park where you want. The sister site near Lidl has sold off some of their land for an apartment block and it was all roped off when we were there in December.

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
That's the one that is near Alde isn't it? Stayed there for a few days in December 2022 and it was packed. We had previously stayed there in April 2022 and there were only about 5 or 6 vans there. Just told to park where you want. The sister site near Lidl has sold off some of their land for an apartment block and it was all roped off when we were there in December.
They havenā€™t sold off some of the land, read my post above. We were on Boreal in October-November, it doesnā€™t open until Austral is full.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Itā€™s the same perimeter wall from Aldi down to Mercadona, so they only developed part of it for campers. They have been building blocks of flats non stop for as long as we have been going there.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
They havenā€™t sold off some of the land, read my post above. We were on Boreal in October-November, it doesnā€™t open until Austral is full.
Your post was about Boreal. My post about selling off land was about its sister site, Austral, which has sold off part of the site and it was roped off in December 2022.

In April last year both sites were open and neither was full.

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Your post was about Boreal. My post about selling off land was about its sister site, Austral, which has sold off part of the site and it was roped off in December 2022.

In April last year both sites were open and neither was full.
Iā€™d be interested to know what part has been roped off.

BB0C617E-398C-4666-B667-5464526CC8F5.png

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Top left corner on your map. Also the vacant land on the top right had a large sign for development as well. I suspect next year the site will be overlooked by apartment blocks.
Before they developed Austral, there was a concrete basement with pillars to ground level in that corner. Weā€™ve been going to Calpe for 11 years in the autumn.

delbert58

Free Member
Feb 18, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Comanche S
Any news regarding the other site Sol de Calpe Austral is that closing as well

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Looked full when I went past this afternoon. Calpemar site is fully booked Dec to Feb next year unless you have a small campervan. And this site is now overlooked by skyscrapers next door.

delbert58

Free Member
Feb 18, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Comanche S
As I was booked into the Austral site in April I spoke with them yesterday apparently
both campsites are closing in March, a local friend tells me building permits have been granted

Oct 14, 2013
Stirling
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail F68
Exp
For years!
We are on Austral at present. The interesting thing is that the relatively recently developed area across the road and south of the original park, does not have the closure notice posted on its facilities block. The two facilities blocks in the original park have the notices posted. Curiously the southern extension seems to be being retained - at least for the present. Who knows!

delbert58

Free Member
Feb 18, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Comanche S
We are on Austral at present. The interesting thing is that the relatively recently developed area across the road and south of the original park, does not have the closure notice posted on its facilities block. The two facilities blocks in the original park have the notices posted. Curiously the southern extension seems to be being retained - at least for the present. Who knows!
Gordie Can you go into reception and ask if the new area by the funfair is closing in March as my info is that he whole site is closing, we are booked in from mid April for 6 weeks been visiting the site
since it opened

Oct 14, 2013
Stirling
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail F68
Exp
For years!
My good lady talked to reception this morning. They appear to be limited in their knowledge of what is happening. The area south of reception they think will remain open meantime but they strongly recommend you contact AR hotels headquarters. It really isnā€™t an encouraging situation.

Camping Austral Closure.png

Oct 14, 2013
Stirling
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail F68
Exp
For years!
I have heard from two separate people that Calpemar is also closing on March 15. If all this is correct its a very significant reduction in pitch provision.

delbert58

Free Member
Feb 18, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Comanche S
Strange we spoke to them last week re a pitch and they never mentioned it only said itā€™s noisy and dusty due to the building works

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Ditto. I spoke to Calpemar last week and they said they are fully booked for next winter, unless you have a small campervan.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We stayed there a few years ago they were building the big high rise in front. But it is a good location close to the nice small beach and not too far from the old town.

With them stopping wild camping it's going to be difficult to visit now. I would like to go back but sounds like too much hassle, we don't do booking as we never know where will end up each day.

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Just received this email from Paraiso Camper at Calpe where we have a 2024 booking.

Confirms all of the above posts.

Apartment blocks much more profitable and less hassle!

We stayed on Camping Austral one winter and it was terrible. Deep gravel pitches that were a wheel trap and the showers were very poorly designed. Had to leave your clothes and towel on pegs in the corridor.

Looks like Calpe is trying to go up market and reduce motorhome camping to a minimum.

Dear clients,

As many of you already know, in recent weeks the 2 Sol de Calpe campsites have closed.

This event made us reflect on our decision to close in the summer of 2023. We can understand a commercial decision by the company that manages the Sol de Calpe campsites, but we cannot understand that customers are left on the street.

Last year we decided to close Paraiso Camper in summer because we needed to rest and also because we wanted to dismantle the pool. But at that moment we closed with the peace of mind that our clients would always have accommodation possibilities.

But given the latest events, we have decided to open during the summer months of 2023. Therefore, Paraiso Camper will not close its doors at any time in 2023. We remind you that Paraiso Camper no longer has a pool. Yes, we have kept the trees for shade. We attach to this e-mail the new rates for this summer.

We also take the opportunity to communicate that all our old clients will benefit from a 10% discount on the overnight rate for stays between 01/07/2023 and 31/08/2023. In order to benefit from this promotion, the reservation of the stay must be made before 31/05/2023.

Greetings from Calpe!

Paraiso Camper

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back