Camping in the forest closure email (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2017
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus
Exp
full timing since beginning 2017
I was reading a thread earlier where someone said that they had received an email from c@cc to say that their camping in the forest sites, citf, were to remain closed this year.
Now can't find it , arghh, can anybody remember what thread it may have been on or am I just hallucinating 🤔🤣

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
They’re currently taking booking online which would suggest they’re open after 4th July

OP
OP
Nikki
Jan 2, 2017
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus
Exp
full timing since beginning 2017
Yes I know but citf is joint owned by forestry England and they have the final decision so could be different..

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Check on the Camping and Caravanning Club website. It did say they were not reopening this year. But in the crazy year changes happen all the time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Had a wee look at the Cobleland site in Aberfoyle and it seems open. Just put in a random date mid July and you are able able to book.(y)

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
C&CC sent out an email 10th June that was saying some sites wouldn't be opening. That email went to people who had Camping in the Forest bookings, but should have been to C&CC members only and they sent a correction to that effect a few hours later. The correction said the Camping in the Forest plans would be advised later, but to date I haven't seen an update.

The Camping In Forest site for the last 2-3 weeks has shown 4th July as re-opening date with bookings possible.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Website is saying fully flexible bookings from July.
F5E84297-C802-4F38-99FC-FDA72F0B1AF8.png

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
I have a booking with Camping in the Forest for July 4th, they took a deposit of £25 at the time of booking but later I found a notice “ closed for the rest of the year “. I also have some other C&CC bookings, but I did receive an e.mail saying my booking was cancelled. Which one, I thought .
I sent an e.mail off to the club but here we are weeks later and still no reply, I have since sent another e.mail telling them what I think about a very poor way the club is responding to the way they have carried on from the beginning of the lockdown. I have had an acknowledgement of my e.mail, which one ? I am still waiting for a proper reply.

BernieT

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Earlier there was some doubt over camping in the forest, but in the CCC magazine yesterday there was no limitation beyond the 26 sites specifically being left closed

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
So am i going to the New forest 6th July ?. sites booked and paid direct to camping in the forest over 60 discount plus midweek specials. Only a member of Motorhome fun site and Chelsea FC. But this is confusing now that ccc members are not getting in or news or information or fair deals or i am leaving it at that .

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
C&CC partnered with Forestry commision to run the Camping in the Forest (CITF) sites. C&CC do run CITF through their same booking computers but it is operated as a separate venture. You don't have to be a C&CC member to book on CITF. C&CC members don't even get a discount on CITF, but do have greater flexibility on booking amendments (but that is now wiped out by CITF allowing coronavirus flexibility). I think that C&CC members wouldn't even get CITF mails, unless they had previously made a CITF booking.

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
CC members don't even get a discount on CITF, but do have greater flexibility on booking amendments
You do get a discount on CITF being a member of the C and CC cant remember off hand what it is. Its usually the way we break even on our membership fee. Dont usually use the club sites.. đź‘Ť

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
You do get a discount on CITF being a member of the C and CC cant remember off hand what it is. Its usually the way we break even on our membership fee. Dont usually use the club sites.. đź‘Ť
Ah yes, sorry you do if there are two of you. As I book as a mere singleton I can't get the C&CC discount as well so that doesn't factor into my wallet.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Tried to book Setthorns our favourite, yesterday,mid july 4 nights booking page said unavailable.
Tried on a couple of other New Forrest Sites and they were OK, yes they would take my money, proceed to check out!
I wonder if Setthorns is opening, tried to call, but got the Covid 19 answerphone message saying check out our website.
Strange also that when you book the first box asks "how many Over 60" next box down asks "how many Adults" so I filled in both over 60, didn't fill in number of adults as its already been answered, got a price of ÂŁ38 quid for 4 nights...nice one!, but if I fill in both boxes saying yes 2 over 60's then the next box yes 2 adults the price goes up to ÂŁ75! is it assuming there are 4 adults turning up, not just two old foggies like us?
Dont be shy, no one else is, am I being thick or clever?
Thanks, good luck to all.
LES

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Don't know if the website has a problem as trying to book any of the sites at the moment generates the nothing available message. You could book earlier today.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I just want a pint and some grub in The Hare & hounds in Sway, then a nice slow cycle back through the woods to site at Setthorns, dont know if its the site or the pub I like best:unsure::giggle:
Great husband & wife wardens last year (full timers), they over winter in Portugal apparently.
LES

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Don't know if the website has a problem as trying to book any of the sites at the moment generates the nothing available message. You could book earlier today.

Same here I just tried to book and came up unavailable, I tried every site so I'm assuming it's a fault or they're updating the website to include SD before booking.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I’ll walk into Setthorns at the weekend, see if there’s anyone about to ask. There seem to be a few full timers there. I’ll try to find a warden.
TinaL , if anyone in your pair/ group is over 60 you put that number in the over 60s box. Adults under 60 count as adults.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We recently booked Aldridge Hill then Setthorns for a week or so from 17th July. I think the New Forest is gonna be rammed...

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Every CITF New Forrest site seems to be fully booked for July
It keeps telling me "Try another Pitch or date", everyone i try comes back the same.
Maybe their system is clogged up, no point in ringing as you get the voicemail.
They need a graph like other sites to show availability, would save us a lot of time.
LES

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
CITF is CLOSED for all 2020 - message on front page of website :mad:

That really screws my summer, and wrecks the bookings I already had. At least the New Forest will be empty of all those pesky tourists.

LiquidLunch

Free Member
Apr 28, 2014
Prestatyn
Funster No
MH
Panel Van
Exp
Long time!
Yes it is and they have sacked most of their staff and kicking full timers off on the 4th July, no words

I doubt it is as simple as that, you can't just sack staff they will probably be made redundant until such time as they can be re-employed. I'm glad I don't have to run a multi-million pound business in these troubled times.

Jul 11, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Concorde Compact
Exp
Since I was 18.... 1996....
All.

I’ve just heard from a reliable source that none of the New Forest sites for camping in the forest sites are opening at all this year and that they have just told their staff.

Gutted. My mum was booked long term for one site which she was looking forward too after losing my dad at new year

Daniel.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back