CAMC my touch of the vapours (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2023
Funster No
MH
Timberland Destiny
After many years as a member and realising that I rarely used the CL sites and only once used a club site I finally stopped my direct debit. An odd feeling but in honesty the prices at club sites are more than a Travel Lodge and many CL sites are heading towards normal camp site prices.

The data breach did little to inspire confidence and the only other benefit is some discounted ferry prices but most can be found elsewhere. Also the club seem to be pushing “glamping” and pods as a priority as well as the magazine crossword being too easy.

Anyway will see how it goes for a year but does anyone else feel the same or perhaps give me good reason to rejoin?

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
For similar reasons we stopped our ‘membership’ 7 years ago.
Liked both the York site (always booked up and rarely lucky enough to get a chance) and Warwick racecourse (not as bad for booking but still a problem for last minute).
Joined the CCC since and enjoy occasional visits to Keswick if we are lucky as again well booked by many but have had many affordable nights at local regional temporary holiday rallies.
Wouldn’t be interested in the CAMC if the membership was free!

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Next to German couple,she had a go at me in German, ( twice) at 8.30 this morning for knocking in pegs to hold up rotary clothes line, I replied in plain English !! Is 8.30 that early ?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Also cancelled last year ..

agree 100% with OP ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun