Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Caravan and Camping Are a lot more welcoming than Caravan and Motorhome Club. We have been members of both for many years and it is sometimes useful when touring the UK to have a choice of sites. However we do use the Red Pennant Travel Insurance with the Caravan and Motorhome Club when we tour abroad, which is most years! So expensive but belt and braces for reassurance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We use caravan and Motorhome club for ferry booking, we use the Hull Zeebrugge ferry so any saving is welcome, saved about £100 this trip.

Martin

Upvote 0
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
We joined the Camping And Caravaning lot purely for the temporary holiday sites..

Upvote 0

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
The Camping & Caravanning have a veteran status and you can get considerable discounts when you are over 65 having had a number of years membership which I forget. The Caravan & Motorhome Club have no such thing and they have a stupid system whereas on or about 1 December they open bookings for the next year and all the good bits sell out yet they take no deposits so people book loads, don't attend and others have missed out. They refuse to change it - quite ridiculous! We belong to both but the Caravan & Motorhome club is now almost as expensive as commercial sites and very picky about behaviour, pitching up etc. 1 night at Moreton in Marsh in the Cotswolds cost us £35.60p for motorhome and 2 people with no dogs, no awning, no trailer and no extra car.

Upvote 0

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We joined the CCC solely for the RAC Arrival membership as they give the cover we need which is unavailable from RAC direct. We don't use sites, so can't comment on that side of things.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Offagain
Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Upvote 0

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
CCC - purely for the Temporary Holiday Sites and club meets. Caravan and Motorhome Club does zilch for Motorhomes.

Upvote 0
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Currently at CCC Wolverly with 20 other WildAx owners having a great time. Lovely site, helpful staff , We nearly always have our meets at CCC sites. Never disappointed.

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We are in both clubs, each as good/bad as the other. Depends whether you'll use their sites and/or services. Membership is inexpensive.

Upvote 0

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We've been with Camping and Caravan Club for years but only joined the Caravan and Motorhome Club last year. As we're planning on doing a bit more of the UK this year we've decided we'll join CMC next year but probably won't rejoin the following year.

CCC we use mainly for the DA meets and THSs.

Denise

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
None
Define FLT please Jim.

I believe the term FLT was first used by @weejocky ..

in this thread https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/wild-camping-not.28340/

I refer you to this thread where it was defined and discussed at great length.... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/flts-why.185099/page-4#post-3042924

My view is this, and I quote the words of our leader from that thread...

Over time it has become a term of endearment and not really taken serious at all:D . I'm sure no malicious intent is ever meant when referring to other Funsters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I refer you to this thread where it was defined and discussed at great length.... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/flts-why.185099/page-4#post-3042924

My view is this, and I quote the words of our leader from that thread...

As I’ve stated before I’m more than happy to pay to park overnight, just not on campsites.

If the choice is an aire/car park location or a cheaper campsite I’ll take the tarmac every time. Bruges is an example. The aire is more expensive than the municipal campsite but it wins hands down every time.

If being happy to pay to park overnight, even if it’s not the cheapest option, in my choice of location makes me a FLT then I’m happy to be described as such.

If however you were attempting some sort of dig because I choose not to use campsites I’m sorry to say you’ve failed. Again. Just like every similar attempt fails. (y)

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
None
If however you were attempting some sort of dig because I choose not to use campsites I’m sorry to say you’ve failed. Again. Just like every similar attempt fails. (y)

it wasn't a dig.. just a bit of fun.. no malicious intent meant..

as I quoted..
"Over time it has become a term of endearment and not really taken serious at all:D . I'm sure no malicious intent is ever meant when referring to other Funsters."

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Do Tesco have stores in Europe? You are still able to change a return crossing for a very small charge so still worthwhile.

Upvote 0
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Only if you book a return & the journey has to start in the Uk:(
We used the Camping and Caravan discount this year for the Eurotunnel.

Didn't book the return until we were ready whilst still in France with no problems.

Upvote 0

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
The Camping & Caravanning have a veteran status and you can get considerable discounts when you are over 65 having had a number of years membership which I forget. The Caravan & Motorhome Club have no such thing and they have a stupid system whereas on or about 1 December they open bookings for the next year and all the good bits sell out yet they take no deposits so people book loads, don't attend and others have missed out. They refuse to change it - quite ridiculous! We belong to both but the Caravan & Motorhome club is now almost as expensive as commercial sites and very picky about behaviour, pitching up etc. 1 night at Moreton in Marsh in the Cotswolds cost us £35.60p for motorhome and 2 people with no dogs, no awning, no trailer and no extra car.

Not any longer, they allow you to book 12 months in advance now. So I imagine no longer the free for all in dec

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back