Buying land in Spain/Portugal (1 Viewer)

May 12, 2016
Blackwood Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto
Exp
Since 1986
We are looking for a small plot of land in Spain or border of Portugal. We would like frontage on a navigable river or lake, near a town or village utilities would be a bonus but not critical. Anyone know of any good websites please. I've contacted 2 but most appear to be more to do with properties or high value land for development. Just want a spot to stay a while and be able to travel as the mood takes us.

Deleted User
When we drove up this road there were a few motorhomers had bought a strip of land that backed onto the Guadiana,you can see them here. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@37.3836692,-7.4414774,288m/data=!3m1!1e3

As for where to buy ,try Century 21 . Have saw lots of signs for them in that area.

We looked at that land a few years ago and then did a little research into historic flooding of the Guadiana!

There is a plaque about 10 ft up the wall of the Church in Alcoutim, which is a fair way up the hill from the river, marking the height of a flood in 1876.

Dams have been built since which help to control the flow but it is still prone to flooding, 1998 and 2013 were the last major ones I think.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
You could try Rightmove Europe,they do have land for sale as well as properties,of course the site is in English and very easy to navigate,hope you find something.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I enquired in Spain. Seems many plots if not for development. Prohibit habitation.
Never heard that one ? Any land here under the required amount necessary for possibly building , dependent on its classification, can still have a 'nave' erected legally with use for 'tending the land'.
Anything non-buildable is therefore agricultural & able to have the 'nave'.
Even that aside parking a motorhome on it would in no way be classed as 'habitation'.
If We sold this place that is the route that I would be going down.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Never heard that one ? Any land here under the required amount necessary for possibly building , dependent on its classification, can still have a 'nave' erected legally with use for 'tending the land'.
Anything non-buildable is therefore agricultural & able to have the 'nave'.
Even that aside parking a motorhome on it would in no way be classed as 'habitation'.
If We sold this place that is the route that I would be going down.

Thanks Gus.

I enquired about a small piece of land in Costa blanca with a Casita. I was told it was agricultural land and could not be lived on.

So, I enquired about buying a piece of land (building plot) near our house in Javea. Again, was informed we could not put a caravan or motorhome on it to live in. Even for less than 5 months per year.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
There are often plots for sale on Ebay . if you search under the "Property" classification using"Spain" as a paramater then sort by "lowest first" it usually brings up the plots.
Barry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back