Bullfinch external shower point temperature control knob. (1 Viewer)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
it may still be worth emailing and getting a replacement
Hi jim i took your advice and e mailed bullfinch..
Got a reply from them within a day or so just saying to forward a mailing address and they would post a replacement hose fitting out...
Thats very good customer service..
Pleased i read your thread.. i generally would just accept the way it was and try and sort myself..
Cheers
Andy.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I managed to find this old thread jim @scotjimland ...
I did eventually get a new shower attachment from bullfinch which as you say spins freely on the hose .. there just seems to be a we bit of axial clearence on it allowing free rotation..
Well today with nothing to loose i decided to pop the old fitting open and have a look..
The problem is they have crimped the hose to toght against the white plastic housing... so rather than disturb the crimping i just cut a small section of the hose away to give some clearence between the housing and hose...
Not sure if you bothered looking but just in case i thought id get back , simple enough fix if you kept the old fitting..
Andy..

20180507_121115(0).jpg

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thanks.. hadn't bothered with it.. but since you mentioned it, have opened it up and mine is the same.. a bit tricky trying to cut back the end of the hose.. what did you use ?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Thanks.. hadn't bothered with it.. but since you mentioned it, have opened it up and mine is the same.. a bit tricky trying to cut back the end of the hose.. what did you use ?
I was lucky and had a dental pick which had a sharp enough edge on it to cut a ring of the end of the hose..
The green handled tool in the photo... with the ring of cut hose sitting on the vice jaw..
Even though its a bit fiddly it seems a better option than having to try and re crimp the hose back on in the recess it sits in...
Andy

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I was lucky and had a dental pick which had a sharp enough edge on it to cut a ring of the end of the hose..
The green handled tool in the photo... with the ring of cut hose sitting on the vice jaw..
Even though its a bit fiddly it seems a better option than having to try and re crimp the hose back on in the recess it sits in...
Andy
cheers.. will try to improvise .. and yes, re crimping would be difficult to say the least

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
cheers.. will try to improvise .. and yes, re crimping would be difficult to say the least
Jim.. a stanley knief blade heated to a nice cherry red and the tip bent over would most probably make a better job of it than the tool i used..
20180507_162920.jpg

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread @scotjimland but it is sort of on topic... I have an external Bullfinch shower connector on my 2006 Hymer. It only comes on if I also turn an internal tap on. I think this is because it is a microswitch activated pump? Have you set up a separate switch to activate it? I was thinking of connecting one to the switch wire for the toilet flush which I could access in the toilet locker ( the door is adjacent to the external shower point). Is this worth doing? How is yours set up?
Cheers Paddy

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
From Bullfinch

For microswitch activated water systems, you will need to install a switch for the pump for the Shower Point. We suggest an illuminated switch just inside the door to remind the user to switch the pump off when the Shower Point is not being used.

For On demand pressure pumped water systems the Shower Point can be installed as it is, without the need for a electrical switch.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread @scotjimland but it is sort of on topic... I have an external Bullfinch shower connector on my 2006 Hymer. It only comes on if I also turn an internal tap on. I think this is because it is a microswitch activated pump? Have you set up a separate switch to activate it? I was thinking of connecting one to the switch wire for the toilet flush which I could access in the toilet locker ( the door is adjacent to the external shower point). Is this worth doing? How is yours set up?
Cheers Paddy

as Geo said..

I fitted a CBE rocker switch with neon indicator by the hab door, next to the step and light switch.. I picked up the connections for the switch on the tap connector block under the sink ..

Could also be useful if the kitchen sink micro switch failed.

IMG_2588.jpg

The black wires on this photo are the micro switch.. I connect the switch to the same connections , so in parallel
IMG_1051.jpg

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Thanks Jim & Geo - will think about the best position of the switch for us.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back