Breakdown cover (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2012
lancs
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
since 2006
Happy New year to everyone. Any ideas on the best UK breakdown cover now that our three years with RAC are over, also anyone found reliable combined UK/ European cover.
Thanks in anticipation

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I always prefer to have it built in with van insurance so use Safeguard or Comfort usually.

As seperate cover most people seem to go with ADAC, do a search as lots of info about it already on here.

Another way is via the bank.. Nationwide flex plus acc (£10 a month fee) but gives European breakdown up to 8mtrs and 7500kg, travel insurance and some other benefits..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
You need one that includes a tree surgeon to cut off over hanging branches, haha. Happy new year to you both

Well hello Jill & Colin,:D:D:D
Don't mention bloody branches....bane of my life !!!:mad::mad::mad:
No new holes in M/H since we last met...bloody miracle:p:p:p:p
Hope to see you in a field somewhere:mm::mm:
Us 2....Viv & Chris

Aug 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Happy New year to everyone. Any ideas on the best UK breakdown cover now that our three years with RAC are over, also anyone found reliable combined UK/ European cover.
Thanks in anticipation
Happy New Year to you too
If it’s just UK and European breakdown cover try "LV Britania Rescue” Tel: 0800 756 8700. They cover up to 7 tonnes and according to Which beat their competition in both performance and price in fact they where No 1 in the last Which survey I looked at. We have our two cars and motorhome covered with them, they saved me a lot of money. Hope this helps, good luck

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
For UK the cheapest and best for us has been CC's Mayday which, because it's personal, covers both our cars and the MH. The AA engineers are good, even helped me with a small fire in the services before I called Mayday. Mayday then spent a long time making sure the fire was completely out (soundproofing under the engine) and identifying the cause (worn bearing on water pump causing enough heat to ignite soundproofing below). Engineer then followed me the 10 miles to my local garage to ensure that I made it! CC's Red Pennant isn't cheap but gives the best health cover for pre-existing conditions and will handle all problems and negotiations by phone and in the relevant language. Gives us complete (almost!) peace of mind. Nearest competitor seems to be ADAC, apart from language issues.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Injebrek99.
Get them to send it in Norfuckian. ! !
I got them to send a copy in English mate..
Mitch.
I have asked them before for English translations, no luck as yet, I speak limited German, but translating one word wrong can have disasterous consequenses.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back