Brandy v Cognac (1 Viewer)

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
We stayed on the aire in Cognac the other year its right by the gates to the Hennessy storage facility, alas nobody came round with free samples for us to try.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Seems like a million years ago now but the friend of ours who have a house just outside Almeria always had stuff like brandy in decanters at home. He poured us our usual after dinner drinkie with our coffee one evening and we both said, Heck, that's nice and smooth - you come into money and sticking Courvoisier in your decanter now?

No - it was Fundador! He discovered by accident if you opened it and left it with the lid off for a time - it drank much nicer. And at 350 ptas a bottle, he wasn't complaining !

I wonder if Soberano would be the same? Never tried it with anything else.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hennessey XO where XO stands for Extra Old contains cognacs of up to 30 years old and costs about £120 for a 70cl bottle and Hennessy Paradis Imperial contains cognacs from 30 to 130 years old and costs about £1,500 for a 70cl bottle!

What would be the best Coke to have with that? Full fat, Diet or Coke Zero?

Important to get these things right!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Years ago a fiend of ours went to Benidorm and bought his dad a big bottle of Fundador for peanuts. He got stopped at Customs and they saw this huge bottle, fined him £20 and confiscated the Fundador. In those days he could have bought his dad a bottle of Courvoisier for that money.:xsurprised:

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
When in Spain, I can't resist the allure of cheap brandy. Bacco and Soberano at a few euros a litre - In all honesty, it's horrible stuff, although certainly better than the 'cheap' French alternatives.
I'm not a big drinker, so will always pay the extra for Cognac.
Worth noting that the popular Cognacs (Martell, Courvoisier) quite recently downgraded from vsop to vs - basically a less ageing, to keep the price down.
Remy Martin vsop is my tipple of choice. Silky smooth neat or with Coke (full fat every time)
Would love to try some XOs with Coke but it seems such a waste !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back