Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Whyte RS-160

IMG_20210206_172746.jpg IMG_20210206_172755.jpg IMG_20210206_172809.jpg IMG_20210206_172824.jpg

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Nice.
How many cogs on the rear cassette they fitting now a days?
My 4 yr old cassette is: 11-speed, 10-42t

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Ooh that looks nice, will look even better with some mud on it:giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Nice one, good choice of bike. (y) Had mine eight months now ( Whyte E150RS ) and can’t fault it, it just gets better every day and now I am back in Snowdonia for work for nine months with Coed Y Brenin forest park just ten miles away, it’s a play ground for me. Enjoy your bike and keep us updated on what you think of it. There is a good forum for E mountain bikes if your interested called EMBT. Enjoy.(y)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Please don't turn this into an argument, just my view, why the hell does anyone ride push bikes, when they have a license to drive something with an engine.

Because the red sock brigade petitioned the Government and put TRO to stop me riding a trail bike on old rights of way 😉😊

That should set some off 😂

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Please don't turn this into an argument, just my view, why the hell does anyone ride push bikes, when they have a license to drive something with an engine.
I think it has got an engine ... well a motor at least. :smiley:

Proper eBike Mountain Bikes are possibly the most fun toys you can own - and I've had plenty of proper motorbikes in my time.

You can get to some amazing places that you'd never be allowed to take a motorised vehicle to and it always makes me laugh as I power pedal up the most ridiculously steep mountain tracks.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Exercise is good for you, silence is nice, no tax, no insurance, no MOT’s, can go far more places. I don’t get motorbikes. If I’ve got somewhere to go, and want speed get a car.

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
That is nice !!! I'm not due a new EMTB for some time yet as apparently I blew the 'toy/hobby' budget on the motorhome last year... when I am one of those would be on the short list.

I think I heard that Whyte design them with the UK climate in mind so things like the bearings are better protected from the grim, grit and mud of riding in places like the Peak and Lake Districts.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Hmmm where's the bell, basket and mud guards. How are you going to pop down the shops for a loaf of bread and milk on that.

Needs a nice basket on the front and a rack on the rear, a nice dinging bell, oh and mirrors so you can see behind you.

Something like this is so much better .......
IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG

And to keep up with chaser and his concerns of falling off...
IMG_0394.JPG

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Might have something to do with Bye Laws not permitting motor vehicles on paths 😉 or even (heaven forbid) keeping fit 😱

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
If you have not experienced going down a side of a hill at about 50mph out of control and knowing if you fall off its going to hurt real bad then I'm afraid you just haven't lived :giggle:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you have not experienced going down a side of a hill at about 50mph out of control and knowing if you fall off its going to hurt real bad then I'm afraid you just haven't lived :giggle:
On the contrary, it's maybe why I have lived this long :doh: :giggle:

The Lord Squid

Free Member
Dec 28, 2016
The West Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleepers panel van
Exp
since 2017
Knackered , wet through, shit up, sore arse, fun???? Even more fun i suppose if you fall off and break something. :unsure: :Smile:
I'm fortunate to have the use of a classic and a modern sportscar and a 90s motorbike, and different types of bicycle. Yes, cycling is fun. Horses for courses (but I've never got on with horses ... or tractors, although plenty of my neighbours have new and classic ones.)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I'm fortunate to have the use of a classic and a modern sportscar and a 90s motorbike, and different types of bicycle. Yes, cycling is fun. Horses for courses (but I've never got on with horses ... or tractors, although plenty of my neighbours have new and classic ones.)

New and classic horses ? do tell old boy:unsure:

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012

Why do we drive when we have legs :ROFLMAO:

For me it's just about enjoying the ride under my own steam and being out there in the fresh air.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The day I passed my test I never rode a bike again till we got the van and thought maybe electric bikes would be good, we both only rode them twice, never again, then sold them on here just like new.
Should never be allowed on the road, danger to themselves and everyone else around them.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
The day I passed my test I never rode a bike again till we got the van and thought maybe electric bikes would be good, we both only rode them twice, never again, then sold them on here just like new.
Should never be allowed on the road, danger to themselves and everyone else around them.
I'll bookmark this thread now.. (y)
Should be fun:ROFLMAO:

Apr 30, 2020
Hartpury, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 796
Exp
Nice bike PORKSTER !!
I do not consider myself either old enough (😉) or wealthy enough to own an ebike (can you sense the green eyed inner me already) but I did have the opportunity in 2019 to have use of a Whyte ebike for a long weekend. Absolutely loved every minute. I was absolutely gassed by the end of each day. Could not believe how much more the motor allows you to push oneself.
Everyone talks about the uphills but I was more impressed by the stability of the thing. Amazing how much the centre of gravity is impacted by the motor compared to a normal mtb. Found it planted on off camber stuff and flat turns, and when taking it over some mid sized jumps (30’), drops and step downs it felt more like a 125 crosser.
The bike that I borrowed had coil suspension rather than air front and rear - I have air on my own traditional mtb and after riding the ebike i immediately wanted to convert.
See you on the trails - well at the start of it anyway because you will be gone in 30 seconds on that thing. I hope that you get to send it on some proper terrain soon 👍

Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat PVC
Exp
Since 1995
That bike is only slightly cheaper than our first house!

Shows how old I am😀

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back