LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi, Do any of you campsite/CL owners have any booking software that you could share please as the "Aire" at Millport will be opening in summer and it would sure help them out since they are new to taking bookings.

Thanks

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
My daughter operates a nail salon from home (when she's allowed) . She uses a booking system on Facebook, don't know much about it but seems to work well for her and free as far as I know.
May be handy to link in with a Facebook page.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks Tinka, I was hoping one of the CL/campsite owners from here might’ve helped out a newbie to the scene.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi irnbru
We utilise the Wix website add on called Hotel, it is by no means perfect but covers the basics. Can you also let us know if you find something more suitable.

Upvote 0

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Here is what it says on the CL Owners Group web site.

"At least 30 CLs now help members see the availability of their site and book directly with them by using a booking system. These are available to incorporate into a website for minimal investment. For example 'Free to Book' is a free service which charges for extras, while the Owners Group has negotiated special discounts with two popular UK-based full-function services; Anytime Booking and InnStyle which charge around £20/month and may include a website."

Non too happy about Aires taking bookings, kind of defeats the object.
ezee

Upvote 0

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Upvote 0
OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Non too happy about Aires taking bookings, kind of defeats the object.
You know, your right. I actually never gave that any thought when Millport sent me the email yesterday but I will reply with all of the suggestions above and also suggest that she doesn't bother with a booking system.

EDIT: Jan will need a booking system for when main events are on.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi irnbru
We utilise the Wix website add on called Hotel, it is by no means perfect but covers the basics. Can you also let us know if you find something more suitable.
Just had a look at your webpage,. Is all your website done with Wix? And how much do you pay for the bookings system please?

Upvote 0

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Just had a look at your webpage,. Is all your website done with Wix? And how much do you pay for the bookings system please?
Yes, the website was done via Wix platform, I am not a web designer and found it okay to use, looked at a Wordpress site first but gave up with the endless add-ons required to achieve the objective. When we set things up It was a case of working in the field during the day and working on the Website in the evening. What was incredibly helpful were the Funsters that looked at the site and tested all the bits and pieces. Certain things don't work on every browser and you have to be aware that the mobile site requires a fair bit of tinkering.
I really cant remember top of head what we paid but it was far cheaper than going down the route of dedicated software charges per month etc. There was no added charge for the Hotel app and it can be upgraded to an enhanced version later. We seem to get by on the basic version it is not perfect but workable.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back