"Billy", Unwanted CockerPoo, Free to a good home. (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sorry but unless something major has happened I think its rude of the OP not to be watching and replying to their thread.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Chill guys, chill ... the thread was only started on Monday and, believe it or not, people have lives outside the forum too! Not everyone checks the forum every day and it may be that they have other more pressing matters to deal with. (y)

Patience is a virtue ... apparently! :D

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I've run out of mine... under the circumstances I think I would tell the neighbour not to hold on Pauline, or she could be really disappointed and sad....... If the poster comes back later and answers then so be it but it's daft us all trying to send positive vibes to help the little fella .... I'm getting frustrated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've run out of mine... under the circumstances I think I would tell the neighbour not to hold on Pauline, or she could be really disappointed and sad....... If the poster comes back later and answers then so be it but it's daft us all trying to send positive vibes to help the little fella .... I'm getting frustrated.
Sorry Joy but as I said the OP probably has other things to deal with such as work etc so coming on the forum isn't necessarily a priority, the important thing here is that the dog gets a good home, not whether it frustrates some people ... we just get so used to getting our posts/questions etc answered quickly on here it is easy to forget that out there in the 'real world' other things may be more important.

It may have been more appropriate for Hollyberry to wait until she had actually spoken to the OP before letting her friend know so as not to get her hopes up, if nothing else to confirm that the dog is still wanting a home first as he looks to be a lovely chap so I'm sure others would want him too.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I'm quite aware the OP has a life, a job and so on. I replied on the day the thread was posted and haven't had a reply to posts or 2 X PMs.
My neighbour ( and I) would just like to know one way or the other. The owners may have changed their minds, or found a home for him. But if they do want a good home for Billy, he could gave one this weekend.

And @Minxy Girl , it was entirely appropriate of me to post as I did, in the order I did. I know my neighbour and know exactly the sort of dog she is a) looking for and b) can manage and train well. I won't add any more to my comments to you.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry Joy but as I said the OP probably has other things to deal with such as work etc so coming on the forum isn't necessarily a priority, the important thing here is that the dog gets a good home, not whether it frustrates some people ... we just get so used to getting our posts/questions etc answered quickly on here it is easy to forget that out there in the 'real world' other things may be more important.

It may have been more appropriate for Hollyberry to wait until she had actually spoken to the OP before letting her friend know so as not to get her hopes up, if nothing else to confirm that the dog is still wanting a home first as he looks to be a lovely chap so I'm sure others would want him too.

More important than computers ........and technical stuff ............NEVER!!!!!!!
upload_2017-10-12_12-38-0.jpeg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I'm quite aware the OP has a life, a job and so on. I replied on the day the thread was posted and haven't had a reply to posts or 2 X PMs.
My neighbour ( and I) would just like to know one way or the other. The owners may have changed their minds, or found a home for him. But if they do want a good home for Billy, he could gave one this weekend.
I know but he's already got a home so it's not as if he's on 'death row' in the kennels, this thread is IMV becoming 'uncomfortable' with some of the funsters' comments and the OP may then not wish to reply at all.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
...but he could easily reply to @Hollyberry PM, wouldn't have to post on the open thread :cautious:.
Seems odd to me, start a thread asking for help and then don't look at it for days...
Yes but that assume the OP has been on the forum since creating the thread on Monday evening which, looking at his profile, I don't think he has.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the op has not logged in since monday

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I appreciate everyone is different and might have things going on in their lives but why start a thread asking for help to then not even look at it for 3 days.

I know if I was asking for help I would make sure I checked in, even if the only time I had was sitting on the loo :LOL:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Intriguing right enough! Makes me now wonder..OK OK its my mind but was the Op perhaps drunk and forgot about his doggie post, but then again theres been enough folk tagged him.

Is this a wind up:reel:If so, as a dog lover I'm not amused and don't find it funny.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Billy May not be as much of a priority as the rest of us think!
It is odd tho to ask for help then not follow it up!

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Its only a dog maybe it Bean re homed the op has other thing on his mind
but to assume he was maybe drunk when he made the OP ther may be a perfectly good reason not to let us know where he is on this but pleas dont make assumptions to me it just looks like gossiping over a fence.
After all it wasn't even his dog he was helping sum one out
bill

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Oh dear.....I feel for your neighbour @Hollyberry shes full of dreams and excitement now and it may not happen. How sad....and we'll all be left wondering what's happened to Billy.

Having two Cockerpoos of my own I know how much these little dogs bond with their family. Much more than any other dog I've owned. Your neighbour sounds like the perfect Cockerpoo owner. If Billy doesn't pan out, she should look for another fur baby to love.

OP
OP
RedFrame

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
I've not read all the posts on here yet as I've been away with work and not had the either the signal, data or time to read everything, but after getting home last night I've read enough to get the general idea.

How often I check the forum, and why, is my business, nobody else's; for people to get so excited about it is frankly ridiculous.

Hopefully Billy with be with Pauline's neighbour soon.

Red.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I've not read all the posts on here yet as I've been away with work and not had the either the signal, data or time to read everything, but after getting home last night I've read enough to get the general idea.

How often I check the forum, and why, is my business, nobody else's; for people to get so excited about it is frankly ridiculous.

Red.
thankyou for helping a dog in need, says more about you than some might think, well done

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Red.
Unfortunately in this day and age being 'off grid' for any length of time can make some who don't get immediate responses have palpitations! :D

Don't take any notice of the 'negative' comments and take :clap2: for being able to help a dog in need - good for you. (y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Oh I do love a happy ending!

Wish we could have had him .... my heart would love another dog but it is not practical for us. I would always get a dog from a rescue or rehoming centre and let the dog chose me..... that is what happened with our last dog and she was "my dog" from the day she first saw me until the day she passed on.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994

Red.

Sorry you feel stalked!!!

People on here really care and will do everything they can to help anyone. Having a potential new slave for little Billy was getting them uptight when they couldn't make contact.

Good luck to Billy and Pauline's neighbour. Look forward to seeing some photos @Hollyberry

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
IMG_5056.JPG

I guess I better go eat some. I thought it was taking too long for there to be a good outcome to this.

Delighted to hear that Billy will now be rehomed with Hollyberry neighbour.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
@RedFrame Red you've done a good thing for Billy and Paulines friend who sounds like she will be perfect for him to find his forever home!
Thankyou , we are all glad there is a Happy ending.(y)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
How often I check the forum, and why, is my business, nobody else's; for people to get so excited about it is frankly ridiculous

To be fair to people on here I think this is a little harsh given you were looking for help.

Maybe just a note in the original post saying you wouldn't be able to reply for a few days would have helped others?
Just an observation and not meant as a criticism :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Can't wait to see the photos of him in his new home, he looks like a lovely little chap. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back