Bike Stand Recommendations for e-Bike (1 Viewer)

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Hi Chipster, thanks very much for your reply! Fitting a false crossbar is not an option I’d thought of, so thanks for the suggestion! Can I just check please, would I temporarily fit the crossbar to use a bike stand - do you know if they are they fairly straightforward to fit and remove? Thanks again 😊
Sorry for late reply. Yes temporary fit. They just clamp on/off. As an aside I just use a standard bike stand to hold the boss’s Turbo Levo In the workshop and in the van I’ve got a cheap Lidl one that just lifts the back wheel, allowing cleaning (worx hydro shot) and lubing the chain because you can’t back pedal on e bikes due to the clutch disengagement You can just see it in this photo.
09508A80-3742-4CC7-85F6-413A29D07BCA.jpeg
5C369F9B-5154-4493-8383-8C6EDC53CB9F.jpeg

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Yes you are right. My friend also pointed that out to me and I now clamp it with the seat post. Thankyou for also telling me (y)

No worries

Is it a fixed post or dropper, again I’d be carefull clamping that.

I’ve got a Carbon Cube Stereo and made a support that goes under the cross bar in two places 😊

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
March Hare
Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
Hi MH, I use the hose on the least pressure setting so the mud runs off. Any stubborn mud I give a quick blast but not near the motor. I then wipe it down with a cloth to dry it and then spray the motor, chain and gears with GT85 and leave it overnight.Then day after if time I spray it with Mud off protect and shine and an hour before i use it again i do the chain with Squirt chain lube and let it dry. All is good then to go and mess it up again.
This is me in one of my favourite positions while doing the Gisburn Forest 8 ( Unfortunately I knocked my tooth out on this occasion ) View attachment 448198

Hi AerialMark! Firstly, many apologies for not having replied before now to your post - I thought I'd just post a quick update on this thread to say that I'd bought the Halfords stand, and see that there's extra replies that I hadn't responded to :(

Thanks for the action photo - that's certainly a dramatic fall - and sorry to hear you broke your tooth in the process - sounds very painful! It also makes my cycle rides look very tame by comparison, as I mainly stick to cycling around the lanes near hear. If it's any consolation though, I did fall off my bike at the weekend - the first time I've fallen off a bike in 30+ years!! I felt super-stupid as I was stationery at the time, waiting to cross a main road, went to pedal off and my muddy trainer slipped off the pedal. I then put my foot down but it was down a slope so somehow I lost my balance and toppled sideways.... What an idiot but no damage to me or the bike.

Thanks also for the tips on cleaning down the bike - that's been really handy thanks and it's good to keep it looking clean and tidy.

Well, thanks again for your reply - and sorry for taking so long to get back to you - have a Happy Christmas! :xsmile:

OP
OP
March Hare
Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
Sorry for late reply. Yes temporary fit. They just clamp on/off. As an aside I just use a standard bike stand to hold the boss’s Turbo Levo In the workshop and in the van I’ve got a cheap Lidl one that just lifts the back wheel, allowing cleaning (worx hydro shot) and lubing the chain because you can’t back pedal on e bikes due to the clutch disengagement You can just see it in this photo.
View attachment 448201View attachment 448202
Hi Chipster - sorry for such a late reply! Thanks for the info ref the bike stand and cleaning the bike, it's really useful. In the end, I bought a Halfords stand which is working well with the bike, but I am going to keep an eye out for when Aldi/Lidl do their cycling equipment sales and will hopefully be able to pick up one of the smaller stands to take with us in the motorhome! Thanks again for your reply and photos, it's very helpful thanks! :xsmile:

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Hi Chipster - sorry for such a late reply! Thanks for the info ref the bike stand and cleaning the bike, it's really useful. In the end, I bought a Halfords stand which is working well with the bike, but I am going to keep an eye out for when Aldi/Lidl do their cycling equipment sales and will hopefully be able to pick up one of the smaller stands to take with us in the motorhome! Thanks again for your reply and photos, it's very helpful thanks! :xsmile:
Glad your sorted. 👍👍
re the one for the van
It’s called Bikemate and sure they were about a fiver. This is what to look out for.
BE9C4777-B4F9-496B-908C-6466F8F24707.jpeg

OP
OP
March Hare
Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
All these bikes look clean compared to mine recently.
View attachment 448267View attachment 448268
Hi LandyAndy, Apologies for being so late to reply, but thanks for your photos - blimey, I'm guessing the photos were taken after some serious off-roading on your bike! There's a couple of great forests around here - Kielder and Slaley Forests, where a lot of MTB's use the MTB tracks, and their bikes are super-muddy at the end. Anyway, thanks again for the photos - they make my bike look really tame! Happy Christmas! :xsmile:

OP
OP
March Hare
Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
Glad your sorted. 👍👍
re the one for the van
It’s called Bikemate and sure they were about a fiver. This is what to look out for. View attachment 450996
Hi Chipster! Thanks very much for your reply, and photo of the Bikemate stand!! I've just checked on eBay and there's one listed on there, so as long as we can get the P&P sorted out, that will be great! Thanks again! :xsmile:🚴‍♀️

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Hi AerialMark! Firstly, many apologies for not having replied before now to your post - I thought I'd just post a quick update on this thread to say that I'd bought the Halfords stand, and see that there's extra replies that I hadn't responded to :(

Thanks for the action photo - that's certainly a dramatic fall - and sorry to hear you broke your tooth in the process - sounds very painful! It also makes my cycle rides look very tame by comparison, as I mainly stick to cycling around the lanes near hear. If it's any consolation though, I did fall off my bike at the weekend - the first time I've fallen off a bike in 30+ years!! I felt super-stupid as I was stationery at the time, waiting to cross a main road, went to pedal off and my muddy trainer slipped off the pedal. I then put my foot down but it was down a slope so somehow I lost my balance and toppled sideways.... What an idiot but no damage to me or the bike.

Thanks also for the tips on cleaning down the bike - that's been really handy thanks and it's good to keep it looking clean and tidy.

Well, thanks again for your reply - and sorry for taking so long to get back to you - have a Happy Christmas! :xsmile:
Thank God you didn't damage the bike.
Happy Christmas.
Phil

OP
OP
March Hare
Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
Thank God you didn't damage the bike.
Happy Christmas.
Phil
Thanks Phil! I’ve since moved the saddle down a bit as I think I probably had it a touch too high, which didn’t help. It happened in slow motion - I couldn’t believe it, and was so cross with myself! 🙁🚴‍♀️

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Hi MH, I use the hose on the least pressure setting so the mud runs off. Any stubborn mud I give a quick blast but not near the motor. I then wipe it down with a cloth to dry it and then spray the motor, chain and gears with GT85 and leave it overnight.Then day after if time I spray it with Mud off protect and shine and an hour before i use it again i do the chain with Squirt chain lube and let it dry. All is good then to go and mess it up again.
This is me in one of my favourite positions while doing the Gisburn Forest 8 ( Unfortunately I knocked my tooth out on this occasion ) View attachment 448198
A good job you have good biking mates to capture the moment.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back