Free Member
Apr 15, 2018
Sunderland
Funster No
MH
CoachBuilt
Exp
I’m a one year old
Hi. I’m looking for a good quality bike bag or wrap around cover. I will be transporting my ebike on the rear bike carrier and the main two reasons for the bag/cover are:
1. The “out of sight-out of mind” security deterrent. I can sleep easy knowing the expensive bike is not on show.
2. Weather protection. I have seen examples of bike covers which look as if they could turn into a parachute when you’re on the move.

Any suggestions folks?

PS in case anyone mentions it, I’m extending a security chain from the bike to the tow bar frame.

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
I can recommend the Hindermann Concept cover - fairly expensive but they're very thick material which fully encloses the bikes and keeps them well protected. Comes in various sizes to suit number of bikes/ebikes - dimensions are on the website. We've had the ebike one for 18 months now and its still in great condition (apart from one tiny little hole where it got trapped - but we've fixed that with duct tape). Sadly it won't fit our new carrier, but I'll be replacing it with the Hindermann Universal in the hopes that it is the same high quality.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I use a Bags 4 Everything heavy duty bike rack cover, with a security chain on first, then the bike cover then my alarm security loop around the whole, pulling it taut.

This means that the alarm will sound before anyone can ever get the cover off, to see what's under there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sadly it won't fit our new carrier, but I'll be replacing it with the Hindermann Universal in the hopes that it is the same high quality.
Will you be selling yours then? I might be interested :)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I use a Bags 4 Everything heavy duty bike rack cover, with a security chain on first, then the bike cover then my alarm security loop around the whole, pulling it taut.

This means that the alarm will sound before anyone can ever get the cover off, to see what's under there.
I got one from them too - inexpensive and you can get them tailor made to your spec.

OP
OP
Eyegeedee

Eyegeedee

Free Member
Apr 15, 2018
Sunderland
Funster No
MH
CoachBuilt
Exp
I’m a one year old
I can recommend the Hindermann Concept cover - fairly expensive but they're very thick material which fully encloses the bikes and keeps them well protected. Comes in various sizes to suit number of bikes/ebikes - dimensions are on the website. We've had the ebike one for 18 months now and its still in great condition (apart from one tiny little hole where it got trapped - but we've fixed that with duct tape). Sadly it won't fit our new carrier, but I'll be replacing it with the Hindermann Universal in the hopes that it is the same high quality.
Thanks. Ill take a look

OP
OP
Eyegeedee

Eyegeedee

Free Member
Apr 15, 2018
Sunderland
Funster No
MH
CoachBuilt
Exp
I’m a one year old

That sounds like my level of security too. Cheers, I ll take a look at their website. btw, what alarm loop do you use?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
That sounds like my level of security too. Cheers, I ll take a look at their website. btw, what alarm loop do you use?
Both our Strikeback and Growler motorhome systems have a switchable accessory protection circuit (bike loop) as standard. We love our bikes and would hate it if they were nicked, especially at the beginning of a trip.

A security loop should be able to be added to any decent motorhome alarm system if you ask your installer (y)

Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
July 2015 plus 20 years of camping
If you don't have a decent alarm system, there are battery powered loop alarms available for not much on ebay. I run the wire loop out of the back window keeping the alarm and battery inside. It's pretty effective.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back