Free Member
Aug 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo
Exp
I’m a newbie!!
Evening

I have a 2021 Auto Sleeper Nuevo Centenary Edition. Whilst I was wandering around the van I noticed that there is a large air bubble/blister on the chassis roughly in line with the wardrobe.

It is still under warranty but I’d love to know why this might have occurred? Any suggestions very welcome.

David Munro

OP
OP
DstokeM

DstokeM

Free Member
Aug 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo
Exp
I’m a newbie!!
IMG_1641.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DstokeM

DstokeM

Free Member
Aug 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo
Exp
I’m a newbie!!
That was my thought. I’d love to know what caused it?

Upvote 0

TheBig1

Deceased RIP
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
classic delamination of the body panel, not the chassis, which is the frame under the van. There are 2 ways to fix it, cut the section out and rebuild or replace the entire side

Upvote 0

TheBig1

Deceased RIP
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks guys for that. I will be contacting Marquis Ipswich on Tuesday to get some action on this issue.
Best of luck with that, but from experience, an awful company to deal with

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 1
OP
OP
DstokeM

DstokeM

Free Member
Aug 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo
Exp
I’m a newbie!!
Still under warranty so I don’t envisage a problem. Apart from I’ve got a load of visits planned in the next few months. If necessary, I’ll go straight to the manufacturer.

Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Good luck, it’s not unusual but odd it’s happened so soon on a young van, but go to dealer first, the manufacturer will tell you they will not not do anything it’s the dealers responsibility, until they say they don’t have the skills to fix, then it will go back to dealer.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2019
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway EB
Exp
Since 2019
More likely to be the vinyl decal that hasn't been properly applied than anything structural. Easily sorted by someone used to applying vinyl wrap.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

Deceased RIP
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
More likely to be the vinyl decal that hasn't been properly applied than anything structural. Easily sorted by someone used to applying vinyl wrap.
It is actually quite common to see delamination. Sometimes the bonding just fails and separates, but usually when the van gets very hot. I have seen loads of caravans with the issue

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DstokeM

DstokeM

Free Member
Aug 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo
Exp
I’m a newbie!!
That’s interesting. The van was in full sun on that side when I noticed the blister. Now it is dusk and colder it has disappeared!! Still needs sorting IMO.

Dave

Upvote 0

TheBig1

Deceased RIP
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
That’s interesting. The van was in full sun on that side when I noticed the blister. Now it is dusk and colder it has disappeared!! Still needs sorting IMO.

Dave
Absolutely, the glue is not holding that patch, so it expands at a different rate to the rest of the wall when it gets warm

Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0
OP
OP
DstokeM

DstokeM

Free Member
Aug 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo
Exp
I’m a newbie!!
OK. Will do. Thanks for all the input.

Dave

Upvote 0

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Have you tried pressing it, it could be the panel delam, but yes it also could be the vinyl, you will tell if its just the vinyl as it will be more of a "balloon" feel when you press it.
If it is vinyl, a tiny pin prick or razor blade prick when cooler then apply a squeegy or cloth to fix it back down will fix it.

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
VW 2005 T5 Campervan
Exp
Since September 2018
If it is vinyl, a tiny pin prick or razor blade prick when cooler then apply a squeegy or cloth to fix it back down will fix it.
Possibly a solution, but personally I would still let the dealer action it, as its under warranty.
That way, if it happens again and it has been reported/ dealt with by the dealer you would have some recourse to go back for a remedy, even if out of warranty, as they obviously have not sorted it even whilst IN warranty.

Upvote 0

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Marquis
Probably one of the worst companies we as a family have ever dealt with

They delivered my parents van brand new van with only 4 travelling seat then told them it was their fault, they fixed it as mum and dad where going to reject it but that took another two months

They then wouldn't fix any of the cupboards that wouldn't shut probably, the light over the door failed and they wouldn't fix that either even though it's got water in, then the spare wheel wore a hole through the GRP and they refused to deal with that aswell and autotrail just washed their hands with the whole lot

Stinking company

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
I tend to agree. It's just got a vinyl wrap on it that has got an air bubble underneath it.

Upvote 0

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Still under warranty so I don’t envisage a problem. Apart from I’ve got a load of visits planned in the next few months. If necessary, I’ll go straight to the manufacturer.
autosleeper service centre. They are really good

Upvote 0
May 9, 2018
Felixstowe, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 2013
We had a similar experience with our Autotrail afterMarquis (Ipswich) replaced rippled transition panels. Water had found it’s way under the vinyl. The pin prick solution was unsuccessful as the vinyl had stretched. After some discussion with Marquis the vinyl was replaced (at their cost) by a third party and no problem since.
Hope you manage to resolve.

69ADCBD3-5E94-4FFE-A4D0-2BE176857F3A.jpeg 8B3F134F-6F3E-45CD-B118-EE413E19FE59.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DstokeM

DstokeM

Free Member
Aug 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo
Exp
I’m a newbie!!
Update. Marquis Ipswich have acknowledged the problem and referred it via the warranty department to the manufacturer. That was over a week ago!! Giving them until the end of this week and then I am going to check on the progress!! Don’t really want it done until winter as I outcand about in the van until then!! Presently. at Wild Hart Campsite in Findon near Worthing. It’s a C&C Certified site so small only one shower but beside a cricket ground and 10 mins walk from the Gun pub.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back