Best ferry way to spain in Jan 25 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 2, 2022
Thaxted, Dunmow, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starfire
Exp
Hi,
We are camc members, travelled to spain many times but driving france via eurotunnel. Looking to try portsmouth to bilbao or santander, out mid Jan, back mid March 2025. Is it cheapest to book direct, via Camc or how? Both over 65 in case senior helps..!!

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
24 Years
CAMC give a Discount. Portsmouth to Santander Bilboa Ā£30 to 35 Hours is a long time on a boat. But it save the Winter Drive Through France. Check Tyres if you decide to drive through France.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Hi,
We are camc members, travelled to spain many times but driving france via eurotunnel. Looking to try portsmouth to bilbao or santander, out mid Jan, back mid March 2025. Is it cheapest to book direct, via Camc or how? Both over 65 in case senior helps..!!
France in January is a miserable place to drive through.
Infact I find France miserable every time I have beenšŸ¤£

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
I think Brittany used to curtail some of their Biscay crossings in winter, so it may not be their normal schedule. Biscay in winter can result in a bumpy ride.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
the winter timetable isnā€™t out yet, it ends in Nov I think.

OP
OP
SteveandSueJ
Nov 2, 2022
Thaxted, Dunmow, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starfire
Exp
For those of you who travel the winter regularly, on uk to spain ferry, how many % are bad v good crossings? Andbifbu ate bad sailors, what drugs work best (doctor obtainable of course).... the boss is nervous....

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
For those of you who travel the winter regularly, on uk to spain ferry, how many % are bad v good crossings? Andbifbu ate bad sailors, what drugs work best (doctor obtainable of course).... the boss is nervous....
Drove down through France last January but came back on the Santander to Plymouth route which is the shortest in time at around 20 hours. Still too long a trip so will probably go through France next year both ways.

Apr 9, 2022
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 1984
I'm not a bad sailor but have travelled with others who are and they all swear by Stugeron which you can buy over the Pharmacy counter. The active ingredient, Cinnarizine, is reckoned to be more effective than what is contained in other tablets such as Kwells.

OP
OP
SteveandSueJ
Nov 2, 2022
Thaxted, Dunmow, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starfire
Exp
I'm not a bad sailor but have travelled with others who are and they all swear by Stugeron which you can buy over the Pharmacy counter. The active ingredient, Cinnarizine, is reckoned to be more effective than what is contained in other tablets such as Kwells.

Stugeron is well know to us but takes a couple days to work... thinking more along a knock me out for 12 hours type drug...

Will visit docs in advance but would like to steer them in the right direction...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back