Beeping noise on roundabouts (1 Viewer)

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
In between lockdowns we took the MH for a short run along the bypass, at each roundabout something beeped. As it was completely empty we thought it was a warning that we had no water in the tanks. We half filled it with water yesterday and we have been out for an hours run. It's still bleeping. I have just checked all the cupboards and found the carbon monoxide alarm laid on a shelf on its front. Hopefully it has slid along the shelf on roundabouts and caught the test button. I have slid it along the kitchen floor and it beeped so hopefully it's problem solved.
Next trip is three nights at the Crown in Mickleton at the beginning of May so there will be a few bends to test it out.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
IMG_0618.JPG

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
That's lovely, I would have seen him as he would have overtaken me. I am practising sticking to 50 mph on single carriageways.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Are you sure the sound is not coming from the front end. We had the same on our last van, beeped on every roundabout after about the 10th time I notice a message flash up on the dash but so fast you couldn't read it. Finally managed to read it after another half a dozen beeps, low oil level.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Traction control coming on as the van sways due to the force associated with rounding the ‘bend’ thus unloading the inside wheel, causing momentary wheel spin. 🤔

Ian

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Are you sure the sound is not coming from the front end. We had the same on our last van, beeped on every roundabout after about the 10th time I notice a message flash up on the dash but so fast you couldn't read it. Finally managed to read it after another half a dozen beeps, low oil level.
No, it’s from the rear and I checked the oil level before we left home. I was going steady - speed wise. There are so many speed checks locally, besides which I do try to observe speed limits. It’s difficult due to the rubbish position of the Fiat speedo, I can get to within a couple of mph without needing to check but speed traps don’t take that into account. I have a heads up display but as our last journey in November was return from France I forgot to change it before today’s trip.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
I have had exactly the same experience when the oil seal went on my filter.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
I had exactly the same problem, it turned out to be the low level warning for the cold water tank (habitation not engine).

Jul 11, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T486
Exp
Since August 2020
I had a loud beep when I drove Harvey for the first time after lockdown - once every few minutes from somewhere behind me. It was irritating. Then on parking, climbed in the hab door and it beeped again. Found the culprit - old battery in the smoke detector.......durrh

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
I had exactly the same problem, it turned out to be the low level warning for the cold water tank (habitation not engine).
We thought that was our problem so we half filled the tank before we left home.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I get a bleep on roundabouts and it is the tyre pressure warning unit, I set that pressure drop/rise too close and as we go around the corner the increase in pressure is greater than the one that I set and it goes off, I will do it again sometime

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
I get a bleep on roundabouts and it is the tyre pressure warning unit, I set that pressure drop/rise too close and as we go around the corner the increase in pressure is greater than the one that I set and it goes off, I will do it again sometime
I don't think that we have a tyre pressure warning on ours, unless it's a Carthago standard fit and we don't know about it.
But thanks for the idea.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back