Beech's 1st moho adventure (1 Viewer)

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
A few but the GNR have been knocking them up early in the mornings!
Just a thought for OP...........
You may like a night or two for free at Boca de Rio, between Salema and Burgau. Easy access near to beach , flat, walks,views from cliffs. :giggle:

OP
OP
Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Just a thought for OP...........
You may like a night or two for free at Boca de Rio, between Salema and Burgau. Easy access near to beach , flat, walks,views from cliffs. :giggle:
Thank you. We are thinking of doing some day/overnight trips from our base here in the next few weeks so we will check that out.

OP
OP
Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
I took Beech for a walk round the outside of the perimeter fence of the campsite this morning and here is our pitch from outside and inside.
DSC_4177.JPG

DSC_4178.JPG

I like it as it's really quiet being at the end and really dark at night. It feels a bit like wilding.

We decided to get out for a bike ride today as it's been ages and we needed the exercise because thunder and rain storms were due tonight and tomorrow.

We did a 21 mile loop out along the West Coast taking in some stunning wild beaches and then back towards the South Coast where we spotted incredibly dark skies on the horizon so picked up our pace back to the campsite.
DSC_4185.JPG

DSC_4187.JPG

Spots of rain started just as we were packing the bikes away but thank goodness we got inside in time as we now have very loud thunder and lightning, torrential rain and we also just had the loudest hail shower I've ever experienced. The back of our pitch has flooded too!
DSC_4193.JPG

TV and several beers is in order tonight I think.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Forecast not good for tomorrow either :( :(
Better again next week.:LOL::giggle:
Thats a great site.
I really don’t think you can beat the beaches in that area,better than the Caribbean any day!

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
We did a 21 mile loop out along the West Coast taking in some stunning wild beaches and then back towards the South Coast where we spotted incredibly dark skies on the horizon so picked up our pace back to the campsite.
What do you do with Beech when you're out biking?

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Helen Ariel since my last post re wilding at Boca de Rio,the duchess has informed me that an article in Algarve Resident has said they fined 96people for wild camping in Vila do Bispo on Tuesday this week. GNR not happy bunnies!
I don’t think(99%) there are any signs banning it at Boca de Rio.
Thought I’d better let you know. :giggle:

OP
OP
Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Helen Ariel since my last post re wilding at Boca de Rio,the duchess has informed me that an article in Algarve Resident has said they fined 96people for wild camping in Vila do Bispo on Tuesday this week. GNR not happy bunnies!
I don’t think(99%) there are any signs banning it at Boca de Rio.
Thought I’d better let you know. :giggle:
Yes saw that. No signs in many places here but still not allowed. I think if you're sensible it's easy to find free spots but not right on the cliffs by the beaches.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Your going to get some fairly wet weather in the next 24hrs or so.... keep safe..👍🏼

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Yes saw that. No signs in many places here but still not allowed. I think if you're sensible it's easy to find free spots but not right on the cliffs by the beaches.
It was actually contained in one of the decrees of ‘emergency’, now downgraded to ‘calamity’ but expected to go up again next week, that overnight parking at any beach parking area ( official or not) was prohibited to motorhomes. This was actually challenged by the Portuguese motorhome club, and amended to allow daytime parking. It’s still a matter of conflict, as the GNR will move vans on, and the age old discrimination against motorhomes ‘parking’ argument raises its head weekly here, but since it was prohibited in the COVID legislation, it’s become seen as very anti-social to wild camp anywhere near the coast, and locals will and do complain to the GNR who then act. The law applies to the whole of Portugal, but obviously the Algarve area is where the majority of visitors are. The fines can be quite high.

In its defence, the Algarve has opened many new aires over the past few years to cater for the increase in MH’s in the area. I often see the odd single MH parked up in towns, even for a few days, and these seem to be left alone, it’s where several park together that attention gets drawn !

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Just caught up with this thread. Looks like your both having a great time. Not envious at all being into mountain biking and surfing and body boarding etc. And the pics of the food that you have in your camper I feel like I am eating also because you have the same plates as me. keep the pics coming and happy travels. (y) Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

OP
OP
Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Just caught up with this thread. Looks like your both having a great time. Not envious at all being into mountain biking and surfing and body boarding etc. And the pics of the food that you have in your camper I feel like I am eating also because you have the same plates as me. keep the pics coming and happy travels. (y) Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Thanks Mikey! The next wave is dedicated to you!

OP
OP
Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Got to eat it warm....😊

Helen would kill me if I dared to get stuck in before she’s decreed it’s ready to eat! It’s strictly rationed as I could quite easily eat it in one sitting!

Paul

OP
OP
Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
So more rain today but I got out for a short run with Beech during a sunny spell then did a bit of work on the pitch.

We're like proper full timers now as we bought some weed membrane from the garden centre in Lagos on the last rain day which DH put down yesterday and I have dug a channel at the side and back of our pitch which carries the stream of water away behind our pitch into the undergrowth.

We're at the bottom of a small hill and when the rain gets heavy it flows down the gravel road onto the empty pitch next to us then onto ours but my system is working pretty well and it's only the back of the pitch that gets affected so we wanted to stay here rather than moving as it feels like home now.

Beech has a new friend to help her not miss her feline sibling who had to stay home in Sussex.
DSC_4198.JPG

Although this one is a bit more dainty than our Groovy.
DSC_1751.JPG

DSC_2662.JPG

Last edited:

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Cheers guys, made my day. Perfect size for some fun waves. Wish I was there. (y)

OP
OP
Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
We've had a lovely couple of days now the weather and surf have improved.

A little surf yesterday but it was a bit messy and Beech had a good play on the beach afterwards.
DSC_4207.JPG

Back at the campsite we found this beastie. Anyone know what it is?
DSC_4201.JPG

This morning we popped to the market and bought a couple of sea bass for a bbq then got down on to Tonel beach for mid tide and some beautiful clean waves.

I love surfing when the sets come rolling in slowly with lovely glassy clean faces, the water is see through in places and after I'd paddled out the back i saw quite a few sizeable fish leaping.

I got a few nice waves today and chickened out on quite a few bigger ones. What an amazing feeling when a six foot wall of water rises up in front of you. Now I've learnt not to panic and to push through the wave then when you emerge out of the back of the wave and feel it's power tugging at you and you see it roll away to shore and the spray from the wave blows back and hits you in the face. There is no feeling more alive than this!

ACB2B7C8-FAE2-408D-A002-78C57C3A511A.jpeg

BFDBCED6-34A7-452E-A536-A0B3F2741774.jpeg

081A99E3-A58A-47B5-B0DA-002A3C7B98F3.jpeg

C087F6A8-66CC-47D9-9EA0-3031ADFD0F26.jpeg

E6CC7366-6E0B-489B-9698-EDA144BAA0AB.jpeg

After 3 hours down the beach we headed back to the campsite and ravenously devoured the bbqed sea bass in an Asian inspired marinade with a couple of tinnies.

I have a lovely tired, satisfied feeling now and hopefully more waves tomorrow. I just need to be a bit braver now!

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We've had a lovely couple of days now the weather and surf have improved.

A little surf yesterday but it was a bit messy and Beech had a good play on the beach afterwards.
View attachment 440049
Back at the campsite we found this beastie. Anyone know what it is?
View attachment 440051

This morning we popped to the market and bought a couple of sea bass for a bbq then got down on to Tonel beach for mid tide and some beautiful clean waves.

I love surfing when the sets come rolling in slowly with lovely glassy clean faces, the water is see through in places and after I'd paddled out the back i saw quite a few sizeable fish leaping.

I got a few nice waves today and chickened out on quite a few bigger ones. What an amazing feeling when a six foot wall of water rises up in front of you. Now I've learnt not to panic and to push through the wave then when you emerge out of the back of the wave and feel it's power tugging at you and you see it roll away to shore and the spray from the wave blows back and hits you in the face. There is no feeling more alive than this!

After 3 hours down the beach we headed back to the campsite and ravenously devoured the bbqed sea bass in an Asian inspired marinade with a couple of tinnies.

I have a lovely tired, satisfied feeling now and hopefully more waves tomorrow. I just need to be a bit braver now!
Looks like a Stag Beetle,,BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back