Beech's 1st moho adventure (1 Viewer)

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
All good thanks. Heading back to the UK soon. Time for boring stuff like work and life admin.
How long do you intend to take on the journey home....or will you just wander and see how it goes? Look forward to reading about it. :giggle:(y)

OP
OP
Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
We'll take a sensible amount of time but not going to post up the return on here as don't fancy having the details picked over by certain officious types that are hanging about on the forum looking to criticise.

Once back I'll do an update for anyone on here who's been following Beech's adventure and who sends me a message request for the update.

Thanks for following everyone. It's been nice to have you all along with us in spirit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
DSC_4980.JPG

Well we are all safely back in the UK. Everything went incredibly smoothly. Beech was wormed in Figueres for £15 euros and then we did several big days driving across central France completely avoiding any contact with anyone until we got to Calais where we got our free antigen tests yesterday morning, negative of course and as we were a day ahead of schedule we paid £48 extra to get a train a day early.

We are now going to enjoy a relaxing quarantine at my mum's who had her driveway widened whilst we were away so we could park. Beech is extremely happy to be here and is being spoiled rotten by Granny.

Once out of quarantine we'll catch up with friends locally and hopefully do a bit of a uk tour in May which we missed out on last March and then get on with earning some pennies so we can return to Portugal around next November.

Thanks for reading everyone.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
View attachment 477270
Well we are all safely back in the UK. Everything went incredibly smoothly. Beech was wormed in Figueres for £15 euros and then we did several big days driving across central France completely avoiding any contact with anyone until we got to Calais where we got our free antigen tests yesterday morning, negative of course and as we were a day ahead of schedule we paid £48 extra to get a train a day early.

We are now going to enjoy a relaxing quarantine at my mum's who had her driveway widened whilst we were away so we could park. Beech is extremely happy to be here and is being spoiled rotten by Granny.

Once out of quarantine we'll catch up with friends locally and hopefully do a bit of a uk tour in May which we missed out on last March and then get on with earning some pennies so we can return to Portugal around next November.

Glad you arrived home ok,,Enjoyed your posts,,its nice to follow Funsters that dont moan all the time like many on here. BUSBY.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for sharing your adventures with us. I've really enjoyed your thread. Glad you had a good journey home, and hope you keep on posting.
Ignore the critics and keep on enjoying your lives! (y)

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Glad your home safe and sound. Thanks for a great thread on your travels and some great photos, really enjoyed them. (y)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
View attachment 477270

Glad you got back ok and with less delays and aggro than i had it seems.

Did you see any of the dog vans at calais?

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
I have really enjoyed your account of your travels and the excellent photos. There will be a big hole in my MHF viewing now that you and Northernraider have returned home.
I have been trying to imagine how Beech and Northernraider‘s dogs reacted when they got hime and saw their “grannies” for the first time in many months. There would have been some very waggy tails, I bet!

OP
OP
Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
I have really enjoyed your account of your travels and the excellent photos. There will be a big hole in my MHF viewing now that you and Northernraider have returned home.
I have been trying to imagine how Beech and Northernraider‘s dogs reacted when they got hime and saw their “grannies” for the first time in many months. There would have been some very waggy tails, I bet!
Very much so especially when she was given the roast beef tray and chopping board to lick clean 😂

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Thanks so much for sharing your adventures. Have only just read the whole thread as i start a bit of research for trips we plan for later in year. Really inspiring with some great ideas of places to stay . Thank you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back