Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
We were recently on A7 in Spain heading to Murcia. Pulled in to a filling station for fuel, then decided to park up for a bit and have coffee. A car pulled up beside us, bloke got out holding a map, came up to my side of the van, saw me, then went round to wife's side. She locked her door, opened her window a smidge, he asked in English if he was on the right road for Murcia. o_O Then went away. Struck us both as decidedly not right. Wife was a bit nervous for the next few miles, but nothing happened .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
The use of a map is a common distraction technique used in Spain. While using the map, laid on your lap to ask you the way, they are able, underneath it, to lift your valuables

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The use of a map is a common distraction technique used in Spain. While using the map, laid on your lap to ask you the way, they are able, underneath it, to lift your valuables
Exactly what 'valuables' would you have for them to 'lift' below the map ... the mind boggles!!! :X3:

Seriously though, we've been driving along the A7 without a problem at all but I appreciate that we may not be the 'ideal' target having 3 dogs with us ... not complaining about 'missing out' though!

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Exactly what 'valuables' would you have for them to 'lift' below the map ... the mind boggles!!! :X3:

Seriously though, we've been driving along the A7 without a problem at all but I appreciate that we may not be the 'ideal' target having 3 dogs with us ... not complaining about 'missing out' though!

Well you know "the family jewels" :rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back