Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
We went from where we live in Alness (Cromarty Firth) over to west coast and ended up at Cove to visit the Atlantic Convoys Memorial site. fascinating place to see, and stayed over night, quite a remote place. Whilst away Friday till Sunday we got the 'finger' off 2 cars as the passed us, obviously don't like motorhomes or think we shouldn't be over there ?

Litttle Miss Krankie said we could travel from Friday.

Deleted User
We went from where we live in Alness (Cromarty Firth) over to west coast and ended up at Cove to visit the Atlantic Convoys Memorial site. fascinating place to see, and stayed over night, quite a remote place. Whilst away Friday till Sunday we got the 'finger' off 2 cars as the passed us, obviously don't like motorhomes or think we shouldn't be over there ?

Is that the memorial at Aultbea

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!

Not sure it's totally as a result of Covid \ lockdown.
End of last year we got the finger when stopped at an "S" bend going under a railway bridge. We were stopped and pulled over as far as we could go but the lead car in a convoy of 6 \ 7 cars driven by a doddery old guy refused to try and get passed us and expected us to reverse back about 100 yards to a passing place. You could have got the proverbial bus through!
The guy immediately behind him was as frustrated as us and started gesticulating and blowing his horn at him. Once he "squeezed" through the 2nd guy gave us the thumbs up however the following 4 \ 5 cars (who couldn't see what was happening) all gave us the finger and blasted their horns obviously thinking we were the hold up.
It's getting to be the locals are getting p*ssed off with motorhomers probably due to a number of them not understanding the etiquette of driving on the road infrastructure up North \ West. And not saying this includes you! :Smile:

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Neighbours up north comment in camper and who have flouted the rules. We will be going up next weekend to our house and taking the camper so we don’t have to use the services en route. Feeling a bit anxious!

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
A small camper passed when I was gardening at the front the other day, but it crossed my mind that it could be their only vehicle.
I know a couple who have a notice on theirs saying 'We are no on holiday, this is our only vehicle' in the side windows.

Deleted User
029C3C3A-3EAE-4657-9A9F-3D582D090A7C.jpeg

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
I tend to just smile and clap

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Im a Scottish Nationalist and proud of it this man is just d#$khead. Covid polis everywhere....
How the hell they have nothing better to do is beyond me. Social media gives 🤡like this a platform..
Embarrassing..😡

Tiz that kind of Nationalist that is destroying your campaign for Independence, it is that kind of joker that gets the backs up of the "english!" AND it is that kind of brain dead **that will ensure you will never get independance in your lifetime

Softly softly catchee monkey!

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
We are all in this together as long as we adhere to the advisors regarding covid virus and use common sense we are doing no harm , and it won't be long before the locals are begging us to return to put some cash back into their local shops , pubs, restaurants etc so just be nice to folks and give them the wave ✋

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Tiz that kind of Nationalist that is destroying your campaign for Independence, it is that kind of joker that gets the backs up of the "english!" AND it is that kind of brain dead **that will ensure you will never get independance in your lifetime

Softly softly catchee monkey!

I’m not sure if this is political as nationalism transcends mere politics but I’ll give it a go .
The Scottish people had a referendum, the Scottish people chose by a simple majority to reject independence and remain part of the UK 🇬🇧 .

Get over it and get on with the consequences of the result , it really is the grown up thing to do .

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I’m not sure if this is political as nationalism transcends mere politics but I’ll give it a go .
The Scottish people had a referendum, the Scottish people chose by a simple majority to reject independence and remain part of the UK 🇬🇧 .

Get over it and get on with the consequences of the result , it really is the grown up thing to do .

The
The only way Scotland can stay part of EU is remain part of UK. Scotland rejects independence.
UK leaves EU 6 years later despite there being a sizeable Scottish majority to remain.
The moving goalposts is the cornerstone of the argument whether you agree with it or not.

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
No getting involved in a political discussion on here i ignore enough of they threads as it is.
Mearly pointing out that clown imo does not represent the majority of people in Scotland. Like the rest of the UK and Europe tourism will need to help the economy recover taking into account whatever rules apply where you are travelling.

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
The goalposts haven’t moved , the UK is leaving the EU not just Scotland . The Brexit vote was never regionalised it was always a UK decision, regional differences were always going to happen .
The EU will never admit an independent Scotland ( the Catalonia conundrum) so the pipe dream of independence leading to EU membership is a spurious sham .
As I said previously, suck it up and get on with the reality of the situation .

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
The goalposts haven’t moved , the UK is leaving the EU not just Scotland . The Brexit vote was never regionalised it was always a UK decision, regional differences were always going to happen .
The EU will never admit an independent Scotland ( the Catalonia conundrum) so the pipe dream of independence leading to EU membership is a spurious sham .
As I said previously, suck it up and get on with the reality of the situation .
You are entitled to your opinion however I don't believe you can deny that a key reason for the change in the pre-independence polls was as a result of the EU status put forward by the No campaign.

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
The only way Scotland can stay part of EU is remain part of UK. Scotland rejects independence.
UK leaves EU 6 years later despite there being a sizeable Scottish majority to remain.
The moving goalposts is the cornerstone of the argument whether you agree with it or not.

the Scottish people voted to remain part of the U.K. , the U.K. voted to leave the EU
I did not vote for all of that BUT I believe in democracy So I will support it not whinge about it

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
the Scottish people voted to remain part of the U.K. , the U.K. voted to leave the EU
I did not vote for all of that BUT I believe in democracy So I will support it not whinge about it
I also believe in democracy and am not winging just pointing out the reasons behind why there is still an ongoing debate in Scotland around independence.
Are any of the points I made in #16 incorrect?

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.

Who is this comment aimed at?
Where on earth does this venom come from & why?

The anti motorhome thing just now seems to be happening everywhere, the New Forest being a classic example & if fellow motorhome folks can't agree without sniping, how on earth can we ingratiate ourselves into the non motorhome fraternity?

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
I also believe in democracy and am not winging just pointing out the reasons behind why there is still an ongoing debate in Scotland around independence.
Are any of the points I made in #16 incorrect?

I never said you were winging, anyway this is political free zone so we better stop 👍

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Who is this comment aimed at?
Where on earth does this venom come from & why?

The anti motorhome thing just now seems to be happening everywhere, the New Forest being a classic example & if fellow motorhome folks can't agree without sniping, how on earth can we ingratiate ourselves into the non motorhome fraternity?
1. It’s obviously aimed at Scottish people who don’t accept the will of the majority of err Scottish people
2. Venom ? Really ?
3.Sniping ? Really ?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
you have to consider the other side of an argument. If you lived in a remote rural setting with poor roads infrastructure and every summer recently the roads have been gridlocked with tourists passing through and not contributing to the local economy, you would get sick of it too. Force locals to stay in lockdown even longer than elsewhere despite no covid-19 cases locally and you can see why they are not keen to see the madness start again. It's not like the Scottish parliament is invested in improving roads and facilities for locals, let alone tourists. Then consider any of these invading motorhomes may carry covid-19 into the highlands, where there is nearly no NHS hospital cover compared to down south. I would be angry too

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
you have to consider the other side of an argument. If you lived in a remote rural setting with poor roads infrastructure and every summer recently the roads have been gridlocked with tourists passing through and not contributing to the local economy, you would get sick of it too. Force locals to stay in lockdown even longer than elsewhere despite no covid-19 cases locally and you can see why they are not keen to see the madness start again. It's not like the Scottish parliament is invested in improving roads and facilities for locals, let alone tourists. Then consider any of these invading motorhomes may carry covid-19 into the highlands, where there is nearly no NHS hospital cover compared to down south. I would be angry too
I do get the genuine fear in the rural communities but something tells me that rocket isnt one of them. I may be wrong but with all parts of society there are extremes that exploit situations to suit there own agenda.
Are there any roads in the UK that are getting the investment needed? Not a dig but having travelled across the UK dont see much difference anywhere..Lack of investment in infrastructure is a problem not just up here..

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I never said you were winging, .........
Apologies if I misunderstood your post.:frowny: In reading it again it can be taken either way.
Now as for winging it, I definitely cannot not deny that!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back