Baby field mouse........ (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
When i was a kid i hand reard a baby stote was told by so many it could not be done i had it for many years i think abut 4 years my sister was breastfeeding i fed him Brest milk she would express a small amount for him every day i eventually got him on to meet and then mice then i used him for netting rabbits
bill

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
He is still lively, drinking his milk, currently cuddled up in my hand grooming himself & getting sleepy. :)

Daft question probably.... is he walking yet/hopping? Does he ever try water or cucumber? Crumbs .. feel like his Nana. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Gerald sleeping after his milk.
20190628_104822.jpg

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Glad he’s doing well.
Is he definately a he?
Assuming he survives,what is the next stage? Will you cage him until strong enough to be released?
Have you a release location in mind that might be suitable?
Just wondering.:)

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Glad he’s doing well.
Is he definately a he?
Assuming he survives,what is the next stage? Will you cage him until strong enough to be released?
Have you a release location in mind that might be suitable?
Just wondering.:)
I think he is a he..... :unsure: if not he is a Geraldine....:)
We will care for him for as long as it takes, to be honest I think our garden is best for him, it's where we found him and field mice are not an issue for humans, that way we can do a soft release and provide him with food & shelter if need be.

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
They are beautiful little things as well JJ and like field mice, no problem for us at all......unless you find one sleeping in a teapot that is.... ?

JJ :cool:

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
:whistle: Oh poor Gerald, i'll have you know he's a good boy who was displaced & in danger of ending up dead....he's not a free loader, he gives affection and a massive amount of pride I succeed.

I saved one from my garden the other week that was being played with by the local cat, after a few hours in a dark box he recovered enough to let him go to survive again....

And as much a cutie Gerald is he turns up on your doorstep, eats you out of house and home and dumps his grey and black waste all over the place with wanton abandon and expects you to clear it all up...( are you sure he’s not French :eek:).....

He’ll be drinking your beer soon .....

:LOL::LOL:

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
All this love and attention! I think I'm going to get myself a furry mouse suit and hang around the campsite looking all sorry for myself in the hope of being adopted. Keep the updates on Gerald coming, please. And yes, that is me in my avatar.

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I saved one from my garden the other week that was being played with by the local cat, after a few hours in a dark box he recovered enough to let him go to survive again....

And as much a cutie Gerald is he turns up on your doorstep, eats you out of house and home and dumps his grey and black waste all over the place with wanton abandon and expects you to clear it all up...( are you sure he’s not French :eek:).....

He’ll be drinking your beer soon .....

:LOL::LOL:
Well at least he's not the type of mouse that chews your wires and raids your food cupboards.....so he is welcome in our garden.:)
I think I'm going to get myself a furry mouse suit
I'm not sure we should go to any rallies, the funsters will all dress up as mice....lol.?

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Gerald is still doing well and had an absolute mammoth feed on his milk a short while ago, had a five minute snooze, then back at the milk again.
I tried him with cucumber, but he was not impressed with it.
BUT he did do a new thing, he had a pee without any help from me, the boy is growing up. :D2

He is running around in his tub (it's cat proof & is big enough for him to run about) he is also practising his hopping technique. ?

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Gerald is still doing well and had an absolute mammoth feed on his milk a short while ago, had a five minute snooze, then back at the milk again.
I tried him with cucumber, but he was not impressed with it.
BUT he did do a new thing, he had a pee without any help from me, the boy is growing up. :D2

He is running around in his tub (it's cat proof & is big enough for him to run about) he is also practising his hopping technique. ?
This has GOT to be the best feel good thread of the year !!
Brilliantly done Hazel.... Looks like Gerry is gonna make it just fine thanks entirely to your ministering :)

Another hooked on the Gerald Watch thread :)

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Gerald was a bit shaky this morning, but has picked up again, of course I am still feeding him during the night.
He now has a bigger home, still with his cosy wee house, but much bigger and he seems to like it.
It is lined with a puppy pad, we have some left over from when Gus was a puppy, he also has a very shallow 'swimming pool'....lol....some shredded paper, a sheet of kitchen roll tube & a toilet roll tube. He has investigated all of it and seems to approve.
In the first photo you can just see his tail disappearing under the kitchen paper, the 2nd one shows Gus taking a look.
20190629_125213_resized.jpg

20190629_125311_resized.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back