Ayrshire car parks cleared for single night parking with fresh water & chemical toilet emptying. (1 Viewer)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Got this from faceache, so draw your own conclusions.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Scottish Motorhomers And Caravanners🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

YttenuusteuutagSrdacpyoihnso oatio 0rd7:48sgmedh ·

Wee update...permission was granted last week for 20 overnight parking bays at Girvan harbour and Ayr's Blackburn rd.
Fresh water and chemical waste disposal will be available.
Cost will be £5 per night. This will be 1 night only stays, and hoping to commence later this month.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Great news Robert, I hope the old boy that resides in his MH at Ayr, all summer, gets his marching orders from using a disabled pitch, he must have thick skin as the locals have been whinging at him for years.
LES

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Yep read it, sounds good and not too far from the Indian restaurant (y)
Great result Sandra, a forward thinking council, whatever next lol? :unsure:

Girvan harbour is a nice wee spot too & despite being a built up area, its excellent for watching the northern lights. :sun:
The pier looks north up the Clyde, but not towards Glasgow's light pollution etc & its surprisingly good.

Lots of wee shops in Girvan & a fairly short stroll into the shopping areas. :notworthy2:

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Ah but which Indian Restaurant?, Ayr India, or another one?
True story: went into an Indian Restaurant in Ayr years back, dont think it was Ayr India, but it was pretty busy on a Saturday evening with every table taken.
I also noticed that most curries delivered to tables were a very dark, almost fluorescent Red in colour, I ordered mine and was not happy with the result, tasted everyone else's in the group, and apart from the heat ratio they all tasted the same.
The waiter asked me if all was satisfactory, I said its OK, but nothing like it should be in terms of texture or taste for a JalFrezie, his unforgettable response was........where are you from? London? I said Yes, not far, but far enough...his response was....Ah! that's why!, you get nearer the real curries doon there. made with fresh Ginger & Garlic, see if we made those up here.........they wouldne eat them.:rofl:
Yes, he was an Indian with a Scottish accent, and I always remember that place, plus the one in Troon was nearly as bad.
Hopefully things have improved a wee bit since then.
LES

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
ambulancekidd
Keep up at the back there Boab!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
As my Grandfather was born there do you think we would be ok to find a scenic overnight stop in Goven ? He always said that Goven was the posh end of Glasgow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back