Autotrail crappy entertainment system (1 Viewer)

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
hi
We have a 2013 autotrail Delaware that has the renown crappy entertainment system, I want to change it, not bothered about sat Nav, as I use a tom tom camper system, but I do need freeview, DVD , decent radio and Bluetooth telephone, any recommendations please

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
hi
We have a 2013 autotrail Delaware that has the renown crappy entertainment system, I want to change it, not bothered about sat Nav, as I use a tom tom camper system, but I do need freeview, DVD , decent radio and Bluetooth telephone, any recommendations please

As @bobandjanie says Dane @Diabalo replaced his Autotrail media centre with an Xtrons unit. That model is now discontinued however their TD696ADS seems to replicate most, if not all, of the functionality of the OEM unit however it does not include maps for the sat nav function which would not be an issue for you. This seems to be the only unit that includes an inbuilt DVB-T tuner (or the only one I can find).

If you do go for this unit you may also require the fascia surround on their website and, possibly, some connector adaptors (see below).

Coincidentally, I removed the OEM unit from the dash of our 2013 Savannah today to check the connections on the back of it and how this will map to the above unit but haven't had a chance to check this yet. Some fettling may be required.

You may also have to think about an radio aerial upgrade as there are regular reports of the existing one being cr*p as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TCG

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
thanks for the replies, looking at the
Pioneer AVICF80DAB-C 7" Large Vehicle Navigation Multimedia System with DAB, anyone else got this unit fitted?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
thanks for the replies, looking at the
Pioneer AVICF80DAB-C 7" Large Vehicle Navigation Multimedia System with DAB, anyone else got this unit fitted?
Don't think it includes DVB-T (Freeview) TV which is in your original "must have" list?:confused:
Or are you looking at adding a "bolt on" tuner?

OP
OP
TCG

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Don't think it includes DVB-T (Freeview) TV which is in your original "must have" list?:confused:
Or are you looking at adding a "bolt on" tuner?
No it doesn't have the freeview but we don't use that fold down TV anyway, much prefer the 24 inch, I only wanted freeview in case i sold the MH, and in that case i will put back the original one, (after spending that amount)

Any body want to buy a Tomtom 6000 (only six months old, lifetime map updates)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
No it doesn't have the freeview but we don't use that fold down TV anyway, much prefer the 24 inch, I only wanted freeview in case i sold the MH, and in that case i will put back the original one, (after spending that amount)

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Any body want to buy a Tomtom 6000 (only six months old, lifetime map updates)

You're probably better starting a new thread for this.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back