Rally August Retreat in the Cotswolds ***FULL *** (1 Viewer)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
@Quackers is looking for a couple of willing, fit and able volunteers to help erect the marquee for this rally on the 4th August, in return for your assistance you will an extra night completely free (Brian's generosity know no bounds) additionally you will get the pick of the pitches (after Annie and me ) you will need to arrive in the morning to help pm
We can arrive on the 4th, not sure of a time yet, but willing to help set up.

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
1 Broken Link Removed 2 Broken Link Removed3 Broken Link Removed4 Broken Link Removed5 Broken Link Removed6 Broken Link Removed7 Broken Link Removed8 Clivefog9 Broken Link Removed10 Broken Link Removed11 Broken Link Removed12 Broken Link Removed13 Broken Link Removed14 Broken Link Removed15 Broken Link Removed16 Broken Link Removed17 Broken Link Removed18 Broken Link Removed19 Broken Link Removed20 Broken Link Removed21 Broken Link Removed22 Broken Link Removed23 Broken Link Removed24 Broken Link Removed25 Broken Link Removed26 Broken Link Removed27 Broken Link Removed28 Broken Link Removed29 Broken Link Removed30 Broken Link Removed31 Reboot 32 Broken Link Removed

Hi Everyone
Doesn’t time fly!
I am putting a shout out for anyone who can help by providing a barbecue for the bacon rolls plus veggie option, on the Sunday morning. We don’t possess one ourselves. Quackers can provide a gas cylinder.

With covid rates still very high, I would like to encourage everyone to make use of the free lateral flow tests available all all chemists. I will bring along some spare boxes too so please ask.
Even with 2 jabs some people are getting quite poorly with it so I would like to ensure we all stay as safe as possible. Please use hand sanitizer and wipes as necessary when using shared equipment on site.

Before arriving, please check the entry to Hill Lane. It is at a very busy junction and requires a careful turn in.
Here are the detailed instructions

Here is a picture of the junction as viewed from the A46 if travelling from the M4 junction
1231A64D-8D37-4A64-8D23-F68F0191FE94.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
1 Broken Link Removed 2 Broken Link Removed3 Broken Link Removed4 Broken Link Removed5 Broken Link Removed6 Broken Link Removed7 Broken Link Removed8 Clivefog9 Broken Link Removed10 Broken Link Removed11 Broken Link Removed12 Broken Link Removed13 Broken Link Removed14 Broken Link Removed15 Broken Link Removed16 Broken Link Removed17 Broken Link Removed18 Broken Link Removed19 Broken Link Removed20 Broken Link Removed21 Broken Link Removed22 Broken Link Removed23 Broken Link Removed24 Broken Link Removed25 Broken Link Removed26 Broken Link Removed27 Broken Link Removed28 Broken Link Removed29 Broken Link Removed30 Broken Link Removed31 Reboot 32 Broken Link Removed

Hi Everyone
Doesn’t time fly!
I am putting a shout out for anyone who can help by providing a barbecue for the bacon rolls plus veggie option, on the Sunday morning. We don’t possess one ourselves. Quackers can provide a gas cylinder.

With covid rates still very high, I would like to encourage everyone to make use of the free lateral flow tests available all all chemists. I will bring along some spare boxes too so please ask.
Even with 2 jabs some people are getting quite poorly with it so I would like to ensure we all stay as safe as possible. Please use hand sanitizer and wipes as necessary when using shared equipment on site.

Before arriving, please check the entry to Hill Lane. It is at a very busy junction and requires a careful turn in.
Here are the detailed instructions

Here is a picture of the junction as viewed from the A46 if travelling from the M4 junction
View attachment 520248
We will be approaching from the South coming up the A46 and I know the satnav took us left last time towards Yate and we had to turn round and come back as it tried to take us up a tiny road further down. Is it better to do that and approach as though coming from the M4 or can we turn left at the traffic lights and go straight up the lane? I can’t see a no entry or one way on your picture. Thanks Annie.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
We will be approaching from the South coming up the A46 and I know the satnav took us left last time towards Yate and we had to turn round and come back as it tried to take us up a tiny road further down. Is it better to do that and approach as though coming from the M4 or can we turn left at the traffic lights and go straight up the lane? I can’t see a no entry or one way on your picture.

DO NOT even attempt to enter the narrow road further down the hill towards Yate.

If you look at the picture in Annies post you will see that there is an Island in the middle of the road that effecively blocks the entrance to Hill lane when coming from the A46. If you are prpeared to do a U turn around the the end of the island then it is possible. It would probably be easier with a PVC but some of the longer vans would struggle and we cannot recommend it. The recommended way is to proceed towards Yate and do a U turn further down the hill where possible. There is a roundabout approximately 1mile down the road which is the safest option.

John

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
DO NOT even attempt to enter the narrow road further down the hill towards Yate.

If you look at the picture in Annies post you will see that there is an Island in the middle of the road that effecively blocks the entrance to Hill lane when coming from the A46. If you are prpeared to do a U turn around the the end of the island then it is possible. It would probably be easier with a PVC but some of the longer vans would struggle and we cannot recommend it. The recommended way is to proceed towards Yate and do a U turn further down the hill where possible. There is a roundabout approximately 1mile down the road which is the safest option.

John
We knew the tiny Lane was a nono as soon as we saw it last time! Didn’t realise there was a roundabout only a mile away. We will definitely use that. Far safer than a U turn on that busy road even in a PVC. Thank you very much. See you soon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We are happy to cook up bacon or onions or what ever is wanted on our Cadac that can be used as either two griddle plates or burners.
We have plenty of gas, so no cylinder require from Quackers.
That’s great - many thanks.

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Here is another odd request.
Anybody that is booked on this rally have any wheelie bins they want to gety rid off?
Pm me please.
Thanks

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Do you need anybody else for the marquee? We could probably arrive early/mid afternoon on 4th and I can help put it up.
Thanks for the kind offer, I think we will be ok for the 4th however would apreciate help taking down as you will be about, you can still celebrate after. ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I am after a favour from anybody attending this meeting please. I am trying to buy some lilly pad wind blockers from another Funster who lives in Holbeach, which is between Kings Lynn and Boston. Does anybody live local to that area please, as he has offered to deliver it local to somebody coming to the meet who can then bring it along. It is not very heavy or large and is a clean bag.

There is of course a bottle of wine on offer to anybody willing to help.

Please let me know if you can help and I can start a conversation with you so as not to clog up this thread.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Are we OK to bring our car on a trailer? Gateway wide enough for us to swing in? Our total train length will be 12 metres.

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Are we OK to bring our car on a trailer? Gateway wide enough for us to swing in? Our total train length will be 12 metres.
You will have to be careful on the entrance to the lane at the traffic lights, starting from out wide in order to swing in, look out for something sneaking up your inside.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
could always unhitch take car off and then reassemble getting in through the gate would be fine angle getting out could be fun,

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Just to let you all know here are a couple of pitches available due to last minute cancellations !

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Blooming heck, or words to that effect, I have just realised this is next week :doh:

Aug 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Hoping that the weather will improve in the next few days, or I will be shopping for waders :D

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Where are you going next week? Come and join us 🙂
I will be taking pre-orders for eggs and Sunday bacon butties in a separate thread.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back