Rally August Retreat in the Cotswolds ***FULL *** (1 Viewer)

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
And here is a photo of the excellent Battery Master Class hosted by Lenny HB. It was unfortunate we all moved to the sunny spot in front of the elsan point because the wind definitely changed direction mid talk, a round of applause for Lenny was well earned,
Lenny Battery Master Class.jpg

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
Adding our thanks to the hard work and good spirits of the organisers. Plus all the other participants who showed why our community is so friendly.
It was our first rally so we didn't know what to expect and we are genuinly happy with the whole experience which we will surely repeat.
So sorry we had to return home on Sunday but mrs P had an early shift on Monday and I couldn't justify remaining alone :)unsure:).
One important learning for me was that my old ID 'parthianshot' isn't the best one for such a lovely community so I have just changed it to 'Bucket'; my nickname at school easily understood if you try saying my surname (Powell) in a cockney accent.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Adding our thanks to the hard work and good spirits of the organisers. Plus all the other participants who showed why our community is so friendly.
It was our first rally so we didn't know what to expect and we are genuinly happy with the whole experience which we will surely repeat.
So sorry we had to return home on Sunday but mrs P had an early shift on Monday and I couldn't justify remaining alone :)unsure:).
One important learning for me was that my old ID 'parthianshot' isn't the best one for such a lovely community so I have just changed it to 'Bucket'; my nickname at school easily understood if you try saying my surname (Powell) in a cockney accent.....
I have just tried saying Powell in my best cockney accent and I cannot make Bucket.
You are not the only ones to change username during this rally - you know I am easily confused!
Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Fantastic rally, great site with everything a motorhomer could need, very well-organised by Annie, and with the very good company of fellow Funsters. 🤩
We'll be looking out for the next one 👍

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I have just tried saying Powell in my best cockney accent and I cannot make Bucket.
You are not the only ones to change username during this rally - you know I am easily confused!
Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive
It'll Pail into insignificance, innit?' style of thing :unsure: Image of Rex Harrison and Wilfred Hyde White running through my head now, accompanied by a soundtrack of 'By Jove, I think she's got it ...' And there's rain on a plane that's not leaving for Spain, 'co Spanish Air Traffic Controllers are short staffed because of some pandemic, or summink ...

Steve

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Thanks to all who input to the rally. We had a great time and met loads of new Funsters. Thanks to Quakers hens for the 18 eggs we had from them......

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
It'll Pail into insignificance, innit?' style of thing :unsure: Image of Rex Harrison and Wilfred Hyde White running through my head now, accompanied by a soundtrack of 'By Jove, I think she's got it ...' And there's rain on a plane that's not leaving for Spain, 'co Spanish Air Traffic Controllers are short staffed because of some pandemic, or summink ...

Steve
:doh:

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
Just to say thank you for a great rally it was lovely meeting up with old and new friends but a special thanks go to Quackers Brian and Helen who answered my desperate SOS and then went above and beyond to help us also to John lunarman who allowed me to test park most of the pitches and made space for us so we could join in. Also to Annie Riverbankannie for the entertaining competitions!!
It was a fun filled 6 days and we both enjoyed ourselves very much. What a great field for a rally.

Liz and Steve

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A great big thankyou to Annie Riverbankannie and her sidekick John lunarman.
If there is a prize for best rally organiser of the year I think Annie has won it by a mile.

We can't miss out our hosts Brian & Helen Quackers what a superb CL with superb facilities. Quite unbelievable all the hard word they did to make the rally a success, even a disco with a DJ for Saturday night.

I didn't get much beauty sleeps our hosts together with John and Angela were far too sociable keeping us up until the early hours on more than one occasion. :LOL:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just got home from this rally and really enjoyed it and the company, despite the changeable weather. Thanks to Annie Riverbankannie , John and Angie lunarman and our hosts Brian and Helen Quackers . All of their hard work made this a truly memorable rally for us.

Peter & Angela

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Just to say thanks to everyone for a lovely few days(y) ... it's a shame the weather wasn't on our side all the time but the sun did show it's face for the important times.:sun:
Particular thanks to Quackers for such a great site and all the effort they put in during our stay, also to Riverbankannie and lunarman for the supurb organisation. A mention must also go to Lenny HB for his 12v battery class, dancing exhibition and not forgetting his entertainment on the trip wire at the flying competition.🤣 Lastly, thanks to all the Funsters we met, old & new, and to those we didn't.

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for all the wonderful comments we received over the weekend, it really is apreciated. As usual you left the field free of rubbish and considering the dire weather conditions all you drivers did a fantastic job of keeping the tyre marks to a minimum. I wont say who won that contest but there was a winner. Great to see so many of you crushing all the cans, it was suggested we need an automatic one for the ladies next time, any volunteers?
As usual Annie and John did a stunning job, and I really hope they can arrange another one next year, virtual round of applause please.
A big thank you to all the folk who helped us set up and dismantle the marquee we have such a great community on here. By the end of the week the extra rain canopy was flung up and down so quickly you really did have it sorted.
Hope to see you all again in a field some day, hopefully Woodside Field.
Take care
Brian & Helen

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
A pity you all missed out on mass ascent balloons. I am currently sitting in the garden with a nice cold cider watching a pack of 20 drift over.
5E29FB1E-D4F7-4153-86B7-62AB88F724D6.jpeg

There were some this morning too, About 10 came over the garden at 7 am

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
A pity you all missed out on mass ascent balloons. I am currently sitting in the garden with a nice cold cider watching a pack of 20 drift over. View attachment 526895
Pack of cider or balloons drifting over? Or, if you're that chilled, does it matter? Who needs to be high as a kite when you can be up there in a balloon? :LOL:

Steve

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
A pity you all missed out on mass ascent balloons. I am currently sitting in the garden with a nice cold cider watching a pack of 20 drift over. View attachment 526895
Drinking cider at 7 am? ,7 am……?
No comment :rofl: :rofl:

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Pack of cider or balloons drifting over? Or, if you're that chilled, does it matter? Who needs to be high as a kite when you can be up there in a balloon? :LOL:

Steve
I am watching the different air currents, one quite low going north east very fast, one middling height taking 20 mins to pass and one up very high in and out of clouds going south east !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back