Athens via the Balkans & Back in 99Days (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Dennisad

Dennisad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2015
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome EB
Exp
New July 2015
Hi again Dennis, update on the Bulgarian Border situation, British citizens without current long term or permanent residency cards will be refused entry at the border points, even for transit to other states, this exclusion affects sixteen other states also.

Mike
Hi Mike

Thanks for the update very much appreciated, as our previous post are now static and playing the waiting game with the rest of Europe.

Take Care & Thanks

Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
Thanks for continuing to post your journey is fascinating and got me interested in Romania. I do hope your are both OK and stay healthy and safe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dennisad

Dennisad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2015
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome EB
Exp
New July 2015
Thanks for continuing to post your journey is fascinating and got me interested in Romania. I do hope your are both OK and stay healthy and safe.

Many Thanks

The situation we are in is interesting, but I don't think it's any different from being at home. EXCEPT for a few closed borders, stopping us going where we want to go :sick:. But the weather has been great since we stopped, so not so bad :cool: , cold at night.

Aug 27, 2018
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and B Smove
Exp
Since 2018
Many Thanks

The situation we are in is interesting, but I don't think it's any different from being at home. EXCEPT for a few closed borders, stopping us going where we want to go :sick:. But the weather has been great since we stopped, so not so bad :cool: , cold at night

exceptionally positive thinking !!
the weather is rubbish in the North of England.
let us all know how you get along xx

OP
OP
Dennisad

Dennisad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2015
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome EB
Exp
New July 2015
Timisoara – Should have stayed at Temesvar Camping but we couldn't find it, the co-ords took us close to Camping International, which is not open until May. Finally went to Petrol station for water, which the cashier said we could get from the toilet and gave me a key and a watering can.

The watering can was never going to work and whilst I was trying to rig the hosepipe up from the toilet washing basin tap, an elder man came up (the forecourt attendant) and said no good. I have another option and promptly walked to a grass area and lifted a cover under which was a water pipe with the option to screw on the hose pipe fitting to connect the hose pipe water problem over. Whilst filling up ‘T’ asked a taxi driver about nearby parking, he in turn asked the forecourt attendant who pointed to the parking places where we were and offered us a spot at the rear of station for both nights free of charge, a result. The location was MOL Service Stn on Boulevard Republic, less than 10mins walk into the old town. Super friendly guy I offered to pay but he declined, gave him a bottle of our Austrian wine and to quote him "The secret is in the bottle".

We visited Timisoara on Sunday 15 March day 18, it isn’t that big but some beautiful buildings yet again. The sun was blazing down, we found our way into Piata Unirii with the Roman Catholic and Serbian Orthodox Cathedrals, the Palace of Serbian Bishop, Trinity Column and the Baroque Palace. The side with the sun shining on it had at least six cafes all with outdoor tables and chairs an opportunity to good to be missed. We sat there soaking up the rays for a good hour or so with a couple of coffee’s each to while away the time, taking in the view of all the fabulous building within the Piata.

We continued our tour taking in the 1989 revolution memorials, the Bastion of Cetatii Theresia and the most striking building in the city IMO the Romanian Orthodox Metropolitan Cathedral with its fantastic green and red roof tiles spectacular………
Romanian Orthodox Metropolitan Cathedral
232 Orthodox Cathedral.JPG

Piata Victorie-Romanian Orthodox Cathedral and a few Pigeons.
215 13-3-20 Timisoara Piata Victoriei.JPG

218 Roman Catholic Cathedral Unirii Sq.JPG

Above Roman Catholic Cathedral, Trinity Column and Café on left of Cathedral.

We had lunch at Beraria 700 Restaurant near to the Old Fortress Gates ‘T’ had chicken breast with chips, chicken looked fab, I had bellied pork with Romanian roast pots and a garlic dip, brill the slice of pork was nearly an inch thick, melted in the mouth, a couple of cocktails to help it all go down 102 Lei about 20 euro.
228 Beraria 700 Restaurant.JPG
228 Beraria 700 Restaurant.JPG

So that was Timisoara, lovely and would recommend a visit to anyone, I think I mentioned that due to the virus the town was quiet.

Well I think we are up to date with our travels we will post more about our days in self-isolation.

Nearly forgot two views from our Timisoara Parking place.
237 Timisoara Parking Spot View 2.JPG

238 Timisoara Parking Spot View 1.JPG

Take Care all of you, update again soon.

T'n'D

Attachments

• 229 Beraria 700 Restaurant.JPG
    229 Beraria 700 Restaurant.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
Dennisad

Dennisad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2015
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome EB
Exp
New July 2015
Our Self-Isolation reaches day 9 today, started on 16 March. I must say that Rudi the campsite owner has been fantastic (from a distance of course). He has constantly updated us with the Romanian Governments decision as they were notifying the people.

The isolation itself hasn’t been so bad, time isn’t really dragging. We are in a garden area at the back of the house, with an outbuilding between the house and us the views are great.

16 March Arrived at Casa Rudi & Ella’s with the coronavirus restrictions beginning to take off. We were still not concerned and were looking forward to our visit to Sibiu the following day and driving on to Sighisoara. Did a shop to cover the next 2/3 days at the local supermarket, so cheap. Plenty of sunshine so did my outside duties, whilst ‘T’ tided inside after which we sat with the door open admiring the sun and the view.

During the evening spent lots of time reviewing the advice of Bulgaria, Romania and Greek government and the FCO updates. Discovered that Bulgaria had declare a State of Emergency (SOE) on 13 March, but no border closure. Then the Romanian government declare a SOE. It is becoming apparent that what we were intending to do, is looking in doubt. We decide to review in the morning and pend any travel the next day until we have checked, we are due to enter Bulgaria on 22 March.

17 March Weather very good sun shining brightly and warm, we are inside the Bus crawling all over the FCO website for Romania, Bulgaria and Greece again, things are changing dramatically as we look. We consider making a run for Bulgaria and drive straight through to Greece, on checking the Greek government website discover that on entering Greece a 14day mandatory quarantine, so that’s a no go. Then the Bulgarian government from midnight today place restrictions on who can enter the country to long term residents only. We consider our position and decide the self-isolate for at least 7 days and on review think it can start from yesterday as although we went shopping, we had no close contact with anyone. Rudi agrees to us staying on site longer thank goodness. We have also now met Rudi & Ella’s cat poor thing only has three legs, but don’t feel sorry, it’s a hunter and so crafty whilst trying to catch a bird. Initially the cat was out in the open and it managed to manoeuvre itself into the garden undergrowth. Fortunately for the bird Rudi came out across the garden and scared it away, much to the cat’s disgust. More on the cat to follow.

18 March we have settled down to the fact that we are here for the next few days, still paying close attention to FCO and Romanian/Bulgarian government websites. We spend the day in the fantastic sunshine relaxing and taking photos of the campsite and guest house Rudi & Ella have next door. Oh yes and we try out our new electric cycles on the isolated road the leads out of town, not bad will have to get used to them. We have a long-distance conversation with Rudi (he is from Holland) and speaks reasonably good English, about the situation that we both agree we have never had to deal with anything like it before.
Rudi & Ella's Guesthouse
244 Rudi&Ella's Guest House.JPG

View from Guesthouse
246 Views from Rudi&Ella's Guest House.JPG

19 March another nice day, went to the supermarkets early to ensure we got bread as none left on the day we arrived. Stocked up with meat so we can cook for a few days. I did some general motorhome outside duties (that none of us talk about) and a lot of sitting outside.

251 Sunny Days at Casa Rudi & Ella's.JPG

All of this after our now ritual review of the latest position on the virus. We see that Romania are recommending that all who entered the country on and since 15 March should self-isolate for 14days, we entered on the 14th so we decided that it would be best to do the 14days.

We discuss with Rudi if we can stay longer and he agrees, for which we are very thankful. The cat is having nothing to do with us it has much more pressing things to attend to. Namely stalking the mole hill in the garden waiting for the mole to pop up, I joke not look here.

250 Rudi & Ella's Vigilant 3 legged Cat.JPG

There is a local pizzeria less than 2 mins away, they also do deliveries. So, tonight was Pizza delivery night 2 x 32cm, just over 12” pizza’s one veggie and one chicken which we share and save six slices for lunch tomorrow (couldn’t eat anymore). Have a look at these, they cost 41 Lei about 8 euros.

252 Amazing Pizza's for just over 8 Euro.JPG

Well I have bored you enough, more most likely tomorrow. I dare says it’s good sending to sleep material.

OP
OP
Dennisad

Dennisad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2015
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome EB
Exp
New July 2015
20 March

More trawling of the internet to see what new restrictions if any are taking places, weather is fine so more of that sitting outside in the sun too. We’re beginning to get used to the idea that we may not be going anywhere soon.

21 March

More of the same as yesterday, not very interesting. The weather is still great, but Rudi says it will break tomorrow and snow is forecast for Sunday. Romanian government are putting in place further restrictions, no groups of more than 3 on the streets. Leaving home bet 10pm & 6am for no reason prohibited.

Breaking news the cat has decided it will talk to us. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that we are sitting outside eating (maybe).

22 March

Dull, dreary (bit like this post) and a cold day Rudi was right, will he be right about the snow? Spoke with Raul again today, he really has been a star helping us with updates of information more or less has it happens, thanks Raul very much appreciated.

23 March

Rudi was right the snow is here, ‘T’ says it started about 2am, she got up to have a look. It most definitely doesn’t look like it is going to stop anytime soon, but I think it’s great. Can’t go anywhere anyway so what difference does it make, looks very pretty. It’s now starting to get dark and it is still snowing, peaked out again about 9pm still coming down nearly a foot deep now. The picture was taken at about 11:30am. Haven’t looked to see if anymore restrictions have been put in place.

Beautiful

254 23 Mar Snow from Casa Rudi & Ella's.JPG

24 March

Lovely morning, untouched snow lying on the ground it looks fab, what next? The very first time ‘T’ and I have built a snowman, together. We have named him Sergei (Romanian of course), that spent an hour or so of our time, then we retreated indoors, like sensible people, that we are not. Here he is:

255 24 Mar Our First Sergei the Snowman.JPG

It’s about 5pm and we have just heard that The Romanian government announced this afternoon that over 65’s should not leave their residence from 25 March and that is what we are ‘T’ just and me easily, so we are now grounded. Fortunately, the local supermarket is open until 9.30pm. Just before, dusk off we went and got enough supplies for about 7 days at the massive cost of approx. 50 euros including a bottle of gin. I have read that the local authority will provide help with shopping, now all we need to do is inform them that we exist and are living in the locality. This is officially described as ‘Lockdown’.

More soon.
Once again please all of you take care. We are doing our best.

OP
OP
Dennisad

Dennisad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2015
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome EB
Exp
New July 2015
25 March

Not up to much today, my first day of confinement. We realised last night after we got in from shopping that we need to go the bank and post office. We agreed that ‘T’ should go out as she is younger than me and does not look her age. So off she went to find the bank and post office, she was back in an instance as Rudi our host had given her the paper we now need to carry with us if we go out, which we can’t so we were both a little confused. An hour or so later after translating the Romanian paper and filling it in, off she went again. She returned after about 50mins mission not achieved couldn’t find the post office. ‘T’ went back out once we plotted the route to the post office and returned having been thwarted by the postal staff and her not being able to communicate or the post to UK has been suspended. She did get a lovely picture of a house with Icicles!!!!

258 25 Mar Saliste House with Icicles.JPG

She also had a conversation with the local police, who spoke to her from their car. Something she obviously couldn’t understand, as she moved closer saying she had been to the post office, they signalled for her to keep away and shouted home very loudly!!! Having decided they couldn’t understand what ‘T’ was saying.

26 March

Rudi has informed us that we are allowed out after all, but only between 11am and 1pm, which is good news. Too late for today though, but something to look forward to tomorrow. Today we have been finishing off our week-long game competition. Six games in total, 2 card games, Rummy & Crib. Dominoes 5&3’s, Yahtzee, Genius Square and Trivial Pursuit bite-size. The score was 2 each at the start of the day, Trivs always won be the intelligent one ‘T’ also Yahtzee (luck of the dice). Dominoes and Rummy went my way (skill). Genius Square a game with a grid of 36 squares A1 to F6, 7 blockers and 9 different shaped blocks. Throw the dice to place the 7 blockers into the grid and then fit the blocks in as quick as possible to win the game, good fun. Cos, I won it was even better plus the crib so this week, winner ‘D’.

27 March

Managed to get out at around 12:15 sunshine all the way. ‘T’ had been preparing our evening meal Indian cottage pie, it’s an absolute joy.

We went (with our self-certification papers) for a walk out of Saliste. I had cycled that way when I tested out the electric bikes but not that far, after about 20 minutes we reached another small town named ‘Vale’ nothing spectacular about it, we reached a turning where there was a bridge across a small stream and by then it was time to turn back.

To make sure we would be back in time to beat our 1pm deadline. On our way out we had noticed a couple of people by a wooden building, well four posts and a roof that looked like someone was selling goods but couldn’t make out what.

On our return trip we could see that people were going there to get water, possibly from a well. Got back with 1 minute, left of our freedom and then did some general cleaning tasks and sat outside in the glorious sunshine until about 5pm by that time it starts to get a little chilly. What joys will tomorrow bring?

28 March

Day 12 only 2 days to go, but what then? We have no idea, maybe more of the same until the virus figures start to decline and the government decides to relax things, who knows?

‘T’ had a yoga call at 12 today on something called Zoom it allows whoever calls into the meeting for everyone to able to see each other as if you were in the same room. I went for a stroll about 11:40 walked round Saliste with my self-certification papers and a shopping bag, once again in lovely sunshine. I did some essential shopping, crisps, toms, tonic and of course, gin. The supermarket only has one bottle left (we have been here 13 days), which is not the brand we have been drinking, hoping they have a shipment before we have to go shopping again. Took a few pics along the way.
Brata Church

261 28 Mar Brata Church Saliste.JPG

Typical House in Village
262 Typical Saliste Property.JPG

River Saliste - It's very clear but wouldn't like to drink from it!!!!
264 Views of River Saliste.JPG

Once again sat out in the sunshine for the rest of the afternoon, it really is difficult being in Lockdown.

29 March 13th Day of isolation.

Yesterday we were very lazy, no correct that I was, ‘T’ did all the washing and ironing. Rudi & Ella’s guest house has a washing machine that we were able to make use of. There I go again ‘T’ could make use of. I had rigged up the washing line(s) the day before.

Then yesterday afternoon some very bad news, Sergie melted and so is no more.

268 29 Mar The last of Sergei.JPG

Well when you have time on your hands, you do stupid things. Rudi has given his weather forecast, cloudy tomorrow and maybe rain later.

30 March Last Day of isolation.

Today we went for a walk around Saliste, we were surprised to find a small market operating. In the vicinity of the bus stop and post office. Too many people in one place for our liking, we steered well clear of it. Although from a distance the produce looked good.

People queuing at the pharmacies, again to close to each other. We were out for just over an hour a good stretch of the legs. Much cooler today, Rudi is right again, no rain yet though.

Listened to the UK Gov 5pm briefing about getting us back home and a helpline we were not aware of, but nothing except flights and who wants to leave 60K or so in a foreign country.

So ‘T’ called the helpline and guess what no advice in relation to our position except fly home. But to be fair we were advised to email UK embassy in Romania (already have and the response was as much use as a chocolate fire guard (love that saying)). To give them our full details and the route we would take to drive home i.e. countries we would drive through. Tomorrow we will.

31 March NO MORE ISOLATION.

The only thing is what we did yesterday we will be doing again today. Therefore I declare NOTHING HAS CHANGE and 'T' agrees.

EXCEPT Rudi has got the weather forecast wrong look!!!

272 31 March More Snow.JPG

Snow no going out today then, except ‘T’ says it could be minus 7 overnight. So, I think to myself, just in case the hose pipe freezes up best to fill up with water and empty the wastewater, other one okay at present. Boots on, woollies, thick coat and gloves and into the blizzard. Blooming froze when I got back in, to a wonderfully hot cup of coffee, I do love her.

The rest of the day spent reviewing latest world figures and sending the email to UK embassy in Bucharest, the suspense is killing waiting for a reply and fantastic new advice. Enlisting for email alerts from UK Gov for Hungary, Austria, Germany, Belgium and France, just in case we are told we can drive home ha, ha. We like it here anyway. Trawled all over motorhomefun coronavirus pages and can see we are most definitely not alone. We are probably safer currently than others.

So that’s it for today and we are up to date, I will let you know what embassy have to say as soon as it touches down.

Take Care all of you still out there and at home.

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Hi you too
Bit worried as we haven't heard anything from you for two weeks.
Please let us all know how you are.
Steph and John

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Sorry, for a late reply, just seen this posts. I have spoken to Dennis on Friday last week on the phone. They doing good, weather is picking up and we hope travel will resume on 15th of may. Hopefully some restrictions may ease off until then.
The area where they are is not that badly affected, and hope will keep it that way.
Where we about 5-6 hrs drive from them.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks Raul. we can stop worrying about them now.
Where are you?

We are in Suceava county, NE of Ro. Been here since end of February as the Hungarian border have introduced quarantine no long after that. Dennis’s s is SW near Sibiu.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Laid back, we are in a village, spread out over two hills and a river in the middle, plenty of exploring, 30km into main town or 6km to small nearer one. People are simple, most are farming, you still get the working horse and cart. You can barter for produce, local grown and clean. When I took my wife here( welsh) first time in 2003, she wanted a holiday home, so we can come here and chill. We have another British family not far away, they are geologists, I think, bought the place and work from here. Another big Britt family moved in near by Vatra Dornei, bought a hole domain for 50k euros; I helped them with some balconies supplies in the summer. They are from Essex. Money here have much better value compared to UK, except the imported stuff.

OP
OP
Dennisad

Dennisad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2015
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome EB
Exp
New July 2015
Hi you too
Bit worried as we haven't heard anything from you for two weeks.
Please let us all know how you are.
Steph and John

Steph&John So sorry for not responding sooner, I did see your message via MFun email and meant to post something on Wed but as usual I forgot.

Then today I finished my update and logged on, to discover that many of you have been concerned for our welfare for which I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Also to Raul for coming to my rescue again.

I will post my update in a few minutes, once again sorry and thanks to you all.

D & T

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Thanks. S
Steph&John So sorry for not responding sooner, I did see your message via MFun email and meant to post something on Wed but as usual I forgot.

Then today I finished my update and logged on, to discover that many of you have been concerned for our welfare for which I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Also to Raul for coming to my rescue again.

D & T
Looking forward to reading it.
We were going through Romania and Bulgaria and then on to Istanbul last year but due to medical things couldn't so we've been reading your posts with even more than the usual interest.
It was bad luck that you went on this epic journey this year.
So glad everything is OK
Steph

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp

D & T
Great to hear you're safe and sound and very look forward to reading your update.

Stay health and safe.

OP
OP
Dennisad

Dennisad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2015
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome EB
Exp
New July 2015
Wed 1 April

No April fool tricks and haven’t heard of any either, if there were any they were in Romanian and we didn’t understand. Went for our morning walk, in lovely sunshine, but not that warm we were out for about an hour or so. No reply from UK embassy, so no wiser, it does look like we could transit through Austria, Germany, Belgium and France, but I need to do so more checking. Just waiting for the picture to unfold, I don’t think it will be that quick.

The day after the snow
274 Wed 1 Apr.JPG

Thurs 2 April

Weather a lot warmer today, been out for our walk, we go a different way each day to see different parts of the town. It’s quiet interesting see how people live, rearing sheep, pigs, goats and growing grape vines. We always see a horse drawn cart being used to carry goods from a to b.

Then it’s back to sitting in the sun glad the weather is good, I like being able to lounge in the sun.

Fri 3 April

A big day today we are leaving the site to go and fill up with LPG/GPL and fuel, plus shopping at Auchan, we have a big list and only 2 hours that we are allowed out. But first we need to buy a rovinieta so we are on the road legally, which has now run out as we have been here much longer than expected.

‘T’ went into the local post office, where they refused to accept the cards we needed to post to England. Out she came after 10 minutes asking about the class of vehicle, I referred ‘T’ and the staff to the previous rovinieta and the class issued at the border, back ’T’ went and after another 10 minutes, success we were on the road.

We decided to shop first and split the shopping list to cut down the time it would take. 1,992 lei (Romanian currency) later and 10 minutes after we should be back indoors, we were loaded up and on our way back. Still had to stop and get LPG and fuel but it was on route. We arrived back at campsite at 1.40pm, but please don’t tell them.

We fully expected to be pulled up by the police - motor home with UK registration in rural Romania - but no! We were both very pleased not to have experienced the interior of a police station.

Mountain view from the road from Sibiu back to Saliste.
275 Fri 3 Apr.JPG

Sat 4 April rolled into Sun 5 April

My wife thinks we’re a bit of a novelty in Saliste. They don’t get many English visitors and at present we are it. She is just waiting for the local paper to ask to feature us on the front page during a slow news week.

Well there’s not much to report. My research shows, it is now possible to transit through Austria, Germany Belgium and France. Will need to fill out various declarations and may have to undergo medical checks at the border. Or even have a certificate of exam stating that we are corona free no older than 4 days, can’t remember what country that is. I have it written down on my travel log. There are however provisos, medical certs, declarations and proof of residence and the like.

However, the slight impediment that to get to any of those we have to go through Hungary which is still closed, so we’re going nowhere just yet. I think we’re sure now that we’ve got to abandon all that was on the itinerary when we set off. I suppose if we’re allowed to meander on the way back, which we may not be, we could see a few different locations. In any case at least here we seem to be at less risk of picking up the virus than at home, although we’re not complacent about that.

Mon 6 April

It is becoming a routine, in that we get out to walk or shop and walk by 11:30 ish and get back for 1pm and get the coffee on and then get in the sunshine for the afternoon. Thank goodness for my kindle, to read and play stupid games to pass the time away.

Still nothing from the UK embassy so we have contacted them anew referring to our previous request, nothing new on the FCO travel advice. This time I have asked a specific question i.e. is it possible to transit through Hungary, you never know we could get some guidance. We have also sent that to the Hungarian embassy.

Couple of pics showing the sun.
276 Mon 6 Apr.JPG

277 Mon 6 Apr.JPG

Tues 7 April

Another wash day and routine chores, with plenty of that sitting in the sunshine. The washday chores ran into our daily walking slot and we missed our time allowed out.

Rudi and Ella provided us with our evening meal, a typical eastern meal, meat wrapped in cabbage also sausage wrapped in cabbage in a thin white sauce it was lovely we added cauli and green beans to it great.

Wed 8 April

Not a lot to report, a very lazy sunny day, cracking walnuts given to us by Rudi and lazing about taking in the rays. Oh yes and a haircut, no not at the barbers, a do it yourself job with ‘T’ making sure it has been done right.

A reply from the Hungarian embassy!! Well a standard response from a UK central consular service, not answering any specific question asked. Like is it possible to transit through Hungary? Reply states to do everything we have done so far and just look at the updates, not a lot of use. But if the weather stays like this more than happy to hang out here.

Thus 9 April

Once again not a lot going on, well it is lockdown, went out for a walk and buy some provisions, then sitting in the sun.

Would any of you be making a move to the Hungarian border? Knowing that there is no info on UK FCO about transiting through Hungary.

Knowing that they may require us to go into 14days of isolation and us not being sure of what facilities there may be for us in our motorhome. Verses being here safe with everything we need? But, not knowing when we might be able to start our journey towards home.

All for now and once again take care, stay safe and no risk taking

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Hungary allows traffic from Romania, strictly for border workers, workers that are near the border commuting with a special cert from employer, charter groups agreed in advance by ministers on both sides and even lorries with supplies need to undergo medical checks. Some two days before allowed to transit. Some change drivers at border to continue the journey. The worst restrictions are at Hungary borders. I really doubt they will allow transit without the 14d quarantine and needs to be a agreement between countries. Few days ago tens of thousands of Romanians remained blocked between Austrian Hungarian border on the way home. After running out of food, sanitation and water, It took a minister from Bucharest to go to Budapest and make a deal to allow transit. Austria would not allow them back in. In the end they ended up with a corridor escorted from border to border.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back